Distant Years.

Distant Years

I’m alone. All I see in the distance is nothingness, pure white nothingness. I touch the air in front of me and see my fingers fade into the white. I look down at my body, my white dress, my white hair flying through the air. I see the tears fall from my eyes and disappear in front of me. I see the blank horizon and feel the smile fade from my face, my identity stripped from my being. I look back down, I see my eyes disappear. I see my body disappear till I’m nothing but a floating, silvery, shimmering ball of thick silver silk. It unravels in front of me, the creases fold and it shrinks, shrinks and shrinks till it has vanished.

 

***

 

Minseok was sat on his bike staring absentmindedly, riding steadily hardly taking notice of the road ahead him. With the sun warming his back and neck as well as Mozart playing quietly in his earphones he continued pedalling along with a soft smile upon his face. He remembered the smell of fresh Spring, that once-a-year fragrance of fresh leaves and blossoming flowers. He remembered seeing the colours sprout up from the ground and release their beauty and colours into the world. He was so dazed, looking at the world, that he didn’t notice her fade right past him. He just continued, on his way to school, unknowingly.

He locked his bike once he reached the gates and smiled as a familiar face parked next to him.

“Minseok! Y-you’re here!” The boy cried out suddenly hugging him tightly with tears bursting from his eyes. His grip was extremely tight and strong. Minseok felt his own eyes well up with joy as he gripped his best friend back twice as hard. The two stood in a sweet embrace for a minute or two, taking each other in gratefully, sobbing softly into each other’s shoulders, thankful for the other.

It had been too long since Minseok had been in school. He had been away for at least three months without even a single reason why. Jongdae had been so lost and alone without his friend next to him in lessons. He had been suffering, crying at night wondering where his friend disappeared to. He called and cried out, searched days and nights for his friend, gathering people to help him to no avail. He had been so hurt for so long. He wanted at least a reason why his friend mysteriously up and disappeared off the face of the Earth. The police hadn’t found him, his parents missed him dearly, his friends were all anxious every day praying for his safety, hoping for the best, ignoring the worst.

“I’m so happy you’re back…” Jongdae sobbed, wiping the tears from his eyes onto his sleeve. Minseok smiled gently and stepped back slowly, looking at his friend with sympathy but pain, pain that Jongdae could feel in his heart.

The two friends had been close since they were young. They had had beautiful, normal upbringings in their small town, with happy memories and all the joy of the world. Jongdae and Minseok had been inseparable the moment their eyes met. It was as if they were meant to be together, not as lovers but as one soul, one sweet heart. Even then, when they were fifteen, they had shared their whole lives together blissfully in perfect harmony.

“I missed you.” Jongdae sobbed whilst his nose was running and his stream of tears continued down his face, dripping down his neck. He couldn’t stop his tears. He was too relieved seeing his friend in the flesh. He just wanted to embrace the moment and keep it, seeing his friend alive and well, standing there as bold as ever, as though no time had gone past. Jongdae was so surprised he felt his heart could break into millions of shards. He just wanted to sit there and cry with joy for the rest of his life. His feelings were so strong he felt overwhelmed and as light as air, as though the wind could knock him down. Seeing Minseok back, healthy, still plump and handsome as ever warmed his heart till he was exploding with pure gold glitter, glistening gracefully, warming the whole world with happiness, hope and relief. His best friend was standing, in the flesh, alive, tall and strong.

Minseok wished he could reply back but he had never spoken before in his life. He had never heard the sound of his own voice and he felt empty, knowing he couldn’t hear the words Jongdae was saying. He could read lips and smile, laugh without a sound and cry joyfully without words. His breaths came out shallowly as he began sobbing hysterically, overcome with great grief and sorrow at his loss of speech and sound, but with happiness that he could see his friend once more. He cried till he knelt to the floor, holding his legs tightly together, tearing until his eyes felt as though they could slide out and melt into the floor with the heat.

“C-come inside, Minseok, p-p-please just tell me where you’ve been…” Jongdae looked as his friend once again tearing up as he held his friend’s hand and helped him up effortlessly. Jongdae immediately hugged and comforted his grieving friend and soothed him softly, rubbing his back gently. He tugged his friend into the white school building slowly as Minseok’s steps were uncertain. His legs were shaking and his breaths had increased rapidly. He was hyperventilating terribly. Jongdae knew he panicked easily, and he knew he could care for his friend properly.

Inside, Jongdae rushed past all the pairs of eyes that stared with astonishment at the freak who had disappeared, as well as the creep who was leading the freak back inside their untainted walls.

“Why is he alive? He’s disgusting.” Someone roared across the hall, piercing Jongdae’s heart with those harsh words. He felt slightly relieved that Minseok couldn’t hear and was oblivious, crying, facing the floor. He felt guilty that he felt relieved, too. He just felt pure embarrassment too. He wanted to harm himself for feeling this way. He felt like a monster.

“The is back! Murderer! I thought he killed himself. He should have ing killed himself.” One of the boys, Lee Donghae, spat on the floor towards Jongdae’s feet, cutting his eyes at Minseok’s face with pure disgust.

Jongdae’s blood boiled and he paused and turned Minseok away who began crumpling to the floor the moment he let go of him. Jongdae, tearfully, marched towards Donghae and with a red face full of hate, he whacked Donghae’s face with his fist before letting go of his anger and frustration on the poor guy who was landed with a pillar of abuse.

“Who the do you think you are? Do you know anything? DO YOU? YOU KNOW NOTHING! YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE PAIN MINSEOK IS GOING THROUGH! YOU S!” Jongdae spun to face the whole hall full of familiar faces; Yifan, Onew, Krystal, Hyoyeon, Jungmo, Luna, Heechul… all of them shocked, stopped by time and fear. Jongdae shook his head and headed back to Minseok who had been watching with horror sprung across his face as though someone had slapped him.

Donghae was bleeding on the floor, knocked unconscious by the ferocious beating Jongdae had given him. Jongdae continued forward where no one spoke a word and moved out of their way. He could feel Minseok was shaking uncontrollably with fear under his steady grip. It wasn’t long before they managed to go back into their old room, where a whiteboard, pens and erasers were available. Minseok always had gone to that room before the school day begun. He had no choice because he needed the equipment in order to simply communicate to people. He was still silently sobbing as he entered his old favourite room, forced inside by Jongdae.

“Just tell me now, right now, where the HELL YOU HAVE BEEN!?” He screamed at his friend who remained completely unaffected by his screams. Minseok had never heard a word out loud. He had never heard the splash of water when a tap is run. He has never heard the sound of birds tweeting in the morning. He has never heard a person yell. He can’t imagine the sounds a person can make. He looked at his friend, unable to realise that Jongdae was mad, beyond mad; he was completely furious.

Minseok was born in their small village and this meant his parents never took him to professionals when they realised he was deaf and mute. He never got the chance to develop his understanding of the world. He was only taught how to read lips by his mother. His whole life had been the same day in day out, just the same old routine following his parents wordlessly. He had never been able to tell the real difference between people’s emotions. Some people seemed angry but he realised they were excited after he read their lips, and even the reverse. He always remained confused without knowing he was confused. His whole life was simple yet horrifically complicated.

He reached towards one of the many pens and tearfully ripped off the lid before heading towards the gigantic white board. Sobbing silently, he began writing elegantly.

I was with her, I stayed with her because she needed help. I had to look after her because she was alone. I needed to go to her straight away.” He finished after two minutes of constant writing. Jongdae stood there completely taken aback, staring at the black words that seemed to be tattooed to the white board.

“YOU WENT TO HER?!” he roared at the top of his lungs. Minseok simply nodded and continued writing on the board.

Jongdae, you know me better than anyone else. I had to. She needed someone to go to her straight away.” He repeated, staring back at the angry friend who was now crying with disbelief.

“You did it, didn’t you? You did it.” Jongdae sobbed, crouching down against the door, his eyes closed tight with tears being squeezed out of them. “You her. You Kim Taeyeon, didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU!?” Jongdae sat on the floor, spitting at his friend with agony, his heart breaking, refusing to believe the words his brain fed into his heart. Minseok’s heart began beating overwhelmingly and he turned back to the board frantically, his hands shaking with pain at what his friend mouthed at him.

No, Jongdae, I am not a bad person. I didn’t do it, Jongdae, please believe me. I can’t tell you why, but I went to her. I needed to make sure she was alright… but she’s not alright anymore…” He wrote before slumping down the board, sitting opposite Jongdae with little strength left in his body. His best friend stared back with red eyes as though he was a demon. As though he didn’t believe him.

Minseok scrambled back to his feet and, whilst shaking unbelievably, as though he would die from a seizure, with the angriest, most hurt expression Jongdae had seen, Minseok opened his mouth and tried to scream at his friend. The only thing that came out was a harsh breath. He just shook his head before running to the door, moving Jongdae aside, his breath fast and unsteady.

“MINSEOK WAIT! DON’T!” Jongdae yelled as Minseok ran down the hall as fast as he could. He immediately felt the whip lash of screaming out to a deaf person. He bit his tongue accidently and dashed after his friend who landed in the grip of Donghae’s best friend, Hyukjae.

“YOU DIRTY MURDERER!” Hyukjae roared before punching Minseok’s stomach as hard as he possibly could. Blood began coming out.

Jongdae stared, stared with horror, frozen by time watching the events before him unfold. He tried to walk forward to save his friend but he was stopped by the crowd, the wall of people, blocking his path. He screamed out but his voice couldn’t be heard over the cheers and screams of joy. He screamed and screamed until his voice became sore. He could still hear the thumps and thuds and the wheezes coming from the floor. He couldn’t even say anything. He couldn’t see his friend. He was blind, blind from doing what was right. He tried to pry himself forward but he was thrown back harshly and landed on the floor.

“What’s this!?” A voice screamed from behind. Jongdae turned to face Luhan who stood with fear staring at the crowd. Jongdae spluttered as he put himself on his feet.

“Our Minseok! They’re killing him, Luhan! They’re killing him!” Jongdae sobbed, running straight back into the crowd at full speed, knocking people out of his way until he reached the middle and found Minseok on the floor, beaten to a pulp, his eyes open, staring, dead at the world, without any emotion, blood trickling from his lips, a swollen face, lying still.

“MINSEOK!” Jongdae fell to his knees as the crowd stared down at the soulless body. Luhan jumped forward and held Minseok’s head, tears dripping down his face. The two screamed at the people around them, yelling at the tops of their voices.

 At that moment, a burst of light exploded into the hall, illuminating everything beautifully, as though the whole world was pure and innocent, filled with love and happiness, as though all the darkness of the world had disappeared. Everyone stared at the doors that opened themselves, bringing in the most purest white shine they had ever seen, something so bright yet so painless to their eyes. Everyone felt as light as air as they stared at three figures that began forming with gold light, their bodies wrapped in silver silk, their bodies pure and glistening with beauty.

They stood together, hand in hand, Taeyeon and Minseok, a baby tucked in her arms, snoozing up to her snugly in a warm, thick, fluffy cream blanket, moving around gently. Minseok stood boldly, holding her hand with a soft smile on his face, staring through everyone standing there, staring unseeingly, his smile warming everyone’s hearts. Taeyeon looked as beautiful as she had ever done, standing brilliantly in a mist of light.

“Minseok never harmed me. Minseok saved me.” Taeyeon’s ever-sweet voice softly spoke out to everyone’s ears. No one had ever heard such a crisp, clear voice before. Her voice was true and honest. “I will show you all.” She softly continued, blinding everyone with the intense light that blinded everyone.

Everyone watched with horror as they saw Taeyeon, 7 months pregnant, running from the village at top speed as Minseok ran after her, unable to scream her name. She didn’t know he was there and she continued until she collapsed by a field, landing her white dress in mud. Minseok continued till he found her and lifted her into his arms. He panicked and continued running forward but realised there was nothing ahead of them apart from fields upon fields.

He suddenly cut to the right, across one of the tallest field of wheat, and headed for an abandoned shelter that he used to visit when he wanted to be alone when he was young. He paced himself as fast as he could until he saw the familiar brown shack standing lopsided ahead of him. Everyone watched as a smile appeared on his face.

It cut to Taeyeon giving birth, at 9 months, in the building, screaming, shrieking, absolutely panicking as a baby began pushing its way through as Minseok was carefully watching, his expression startled, sick but euphoric, as though he was excited. They all watched Taeyeon successfully give birth and watched as Minseok cut the cord, crying with joy as he passed the child onto Taeyeon.

It moved on to Taeyeon being fed bread by Minseok, with a newly dug grave lying next to the shack. Taeyeon was sobbing hysterically and Minseok was forcing back his tears as he continued trying to get Taeyeon to eat so she could regain strength and they could both return home.

It moved again to Minseok sobbing on a dead Taeyeon, and by looking at the grave, everyone realised it was at least a month later. They saw her sweaty forehead and noticed her body was still healthy-sized. They realised, from her puffy eyes that she died from grief and grief alone. Minseok was still tending to her though, as though he didn’t want to let her go.

Everyone watched as time went far back, they watched time itself rewind into the past, months back till they watched Taeyeon shriek underneath the strong grip of Lee Donghae,  and watched as he into her. They watched the tears flow from her eyes until her eyes closed and the whole world turned back. Everyone was blinded.

Till they opened their eyes to the dead Minseok in front of them.

They all knelt down to him and all screamed out his name at the top of their voices, screaming apologies whilst Jongdae and Luhan turned to Lee Donghae and Hyukjae, the two guys, standing there, shocked, clutching onto their chests sweating drastically. They didn’t even bother continue staring at them. They turned back to their friend.

“It’s time.” A voice whispered into Donghae’s ear. Donghae turned to see the transparent Minseok standing with a glass jar in his hand. Minseok stared into Donghae’s eyes as he reached into his chest. Donghae felt his body go cold as Minseok pulled out a beautiful ball of gold that seemed to be rotting from the inside. He placed it into the glass jar and disappeared.

Hyukjae watched as his best friend, the liar, the killer, the , the dirty, nasty, cruel demon flop to the floor. Minseok was innocent.

 

***

 

I am holding someone’s hand and I can see my fingers forming tightly around it, binding myself to it. I feel my skin, I feel my eyes form around my face, I can see my hair flowing through the wind. I can hear a baby’s cry and I can see a pushchair forming in front of me. I see my baby boy, his bright eyes, staring back at me. I can see my white dress once again. I feel warm tears flow down my cheek beautifully. I look to the stranger holding my hand. I see him, my love, Kim Minseok.

 

 

 

 



 

Not sure what to make of this... It's the weirdest text I have ever created. Copyright to me, MasterTrollSama. All rights reserved. Absolutely NO plagarising, savvy?