❛two

Peripeteia

Chapter two ♡

“Life saver.”

 

The number of people congratulating both Rachel and Hyoshin annoyed the hell out of them. Hyoshin decided to hide inside Jo Myungsoo’s hangout place, which was a better choice rather than roaming around the school.

Myungsoo who was busy drinking strawberry juice sat beside Hyoshin, batting his eyelashes towards him.

Hyoshin furrowed his brows, staring at him cluelessly. “What?”

He lets out a soft chuckle, nudging him with his elbow. “You know what I’m talking about. I can’t believe you’re married to Yoo Rachel.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“The most popular girl in school was all over Kim Tan a while ago. But then Cha Eunsang came and Kim Tan fell in love and their engagement broke and then you got married to her.”

“Oh…” He nodded slowly; actually he’s one of the few people who are still surprised about the recent marriage. Yoo Rachel was indeed the most popular girl in school, not just because she’s pretty but she’s the second rank too, with Yoon Chanyoung in the top. Hyoshin is smart too, though he’s a lazy guy to begin with.  “I–”

“Jo Myungsoo!” Bona ran inside, still wearing her uniform. She had a big frown on her face which made Myungsoo nervous. Myungsoo hid his face using one of the pillows but Bona was in no mood to play.

Bona snatched the pillow away and threw it on the floor, Hyoshin watched them cluelessly. “Jo Myungsoo! You said you’ll give me photos of Chanyoung-ah! But you haven’t!”

She then notices Hyoshin beside Myungsoo. She flashed a smile towards him before dipping into a slight bow, “Sunbaenim. Congratulations by the way! I suggest you to get out of here, it might get bloody you know.” She said bloody with a creepy smile.

Hyoshin left the place quietly. She was normally like this, and he’s used to it just like how he’s used to Rachel’s tantrums every now and then. Rachel. Rachel!

“Oh crap.” He muttered under his breath as he went inside his car immediately. He remembered that he promised to come home with Rachel since her chauffeur was forbidden to attend to her because her mother wanted Rachel and Hyoshin to be closer with each other.

+

“Where the hell is he?” Rachel pouted as she strapped her backpack behind her, it’s already 7:30 pm and she just came out of the library. She looked around the school and she’s the only one left. She heaved out a sigh as she reached her phone from her coat’s pocket. No messages or calls.

She walks down the dark streets of Seoul, hoping that no one will recognize her as the heiress of a big clothing company. It’s the first time for her to walk around Seoul this late alone, and it’s surely making her nervous.

She passed by some three males who wore high school uniforms. She recognized it immediately, it’s their school’s number one rival -  Yue High. They whistled right after Rachel passed by, but she chose to ignore it. But then one of them pulled her back.

He had a smirk on his face, “Hi Miss.”

“Oh, don’t scare the little princess out.”

She rolled her eyes, struggling hard to release herself from the other’s tight grip. But the more she struggled, the tighter the grip became. “Let me go, moron!”

“Why don’t you come with us hm?”

“How about you come with us?” A familiar voice erupted behind her, it was Choi Youngdo, and he was with Kim Tan and Jo Myungsoo.

The three other males stared down at them, loosening their grip once they noticed who they were. “Don’t tell me you guys are from Jeguk – so that means you…”

He faced Rachel, now letting go of her completely. Youngdo pulled Rachel behind him, clenching his fists, “You just noticed huh, punks?!”

“Don’t try and act all mighty.” The other guy shouted, but Youngdo had his hands on his collar now. He struggled, but Rachel placed her hands on his shoulders, motioning him to stop.

And so he did, then they immediately ran away from them. Myungsoo offered her a bottle of water as he sighed, “Why are you roaming around by your own?”

“Want a ride home?” Tan offered, but as usual, Rachel chose to ignore him.

“I…was planning to go home.”

Youngdo raised a brow, completely disappointed. “Where’s Hyoshin?”

“I don’t know.” Her tone was much harsher now; the three exchanged looks and knew immediately what to do. Youngdo sighed, “Myungsoo and Tan, you should go first. I’ll take her home.”

They nodded and said their goodbyes. Rachel stared at Youngdo, her eyebrows raised, as if she was judging him for a contest. “I can go home by myself, or I can call Yoon Chanyoung.”

He lets out a laugh, shaking his hands in front of her. “Oh? So you guys are completely brother and sister now huh?”

“He’s a much better brother than you to be honest.” She playfully rolled her eyes, her gaze was far away but she was smiling. “Thank you though, I mean for saving me.”

“I always save you,” He cooed. He then reaches for the phone on his pocket, calling his chauffeur to come over.

+

“Why did my phone battery died down at this time?” Hyoshin threw his phone on the couch. The time he arrived in school, it had already closed, which means there’s no student inside anymore. He checked Myungsoo’s hideout but no one was there too. He went home to check but there’s no luck at all.

He then hears a car park in front of their house; he peeks through the window and sees Rachel going out of Youngdo’s car. Rachel and Youngdo waved at each other, and she waited until he and his car was out of sight before she enters the house.

Rachel arrives inside and sees Hyoshin reading a book, he looked so calm like there was no trouble at all. And that annoyed Rachel. He looked back and sees Rachel with her poker face.

“Oh you’re back.” He tries to smile, hoping that the nervousness wasn’t seen that much.

She smiles back, another one of those cold smiles of her. “No, this is an illusion.” She immediately walks towards her room, slamming the door. Just a heads up, though they are living in one roof, away from their parents, they had decided to have separate rooms. Since you know, Rachel is a bit sensitive when it comes to this stuff.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he sat on the couch, “I’m an idiot.”