Poor Daehyun

Crazy because of you

 

Daehyun pov

Growing up from young until now, my ideal type had, and always will be a girl who loves me only, will cook for me every day, must be nine dishes in a meal, someone who gives me fluffy butterfly feelings, someone with an innocent aura, will follow what I say, will always care about me, kind hearted and soft spoken.

 


 

“Yah, did you hear about the new transfer student?” Youngjae tapped my shoulder as he sat beside me. “Oh? No. Why?” I asked back. “Nothing, just asking, I heard that she’s a pretty girl.” He said.

Then the teacher came in with a girl in tow. “Class, we have a new student.” The teacher turned to the girl, “Introduce yourself”. The girl scanned the class and smiled. “Hi, my name is Chen, please take care of me.” she said softly with a small wave. “Okay, you may sit beside Kairi, Miss Kairi please raise your hand”. I saw her walk towards me, wait why? Oh yeah, Kairi’s seat is in front of me. Then she sat down, I could have sworn that I saw her smile at me. I watched her as she and Kairi started talking. “Yo, Dae, you look love struck. Love at first sight?” Youngjae joked. I turned to him and shushed him. “No. It’s just that, she’s like my ideal type, I don’t know why but I feel some kind of vibe from her.” I face planted on the table. Ouch that hurts.

After a few hours of lessons, it was finally my favorite time of the day, lunch time. Youngjae and I decided to just eat in class because I brought food from home. No I didn’t cook it, nor did my mother. It was my sister that cooked. Anyways that topic aside, it seems like Kairi and Chen are staying too. “Hey guys, excuse us but we’ll be joining you two for lunch.” Kairi turned her chair around facing us, and then Chen did the same thing. “Chen, that in front of you, is Daehyun and this is Youngjae” Kairi said as she pointed to us. Chen smiled. “Nice to meet you both. Not to be rude for asking, are you guys close?” she asked looking at the 3 of us. “Sure, you can say that, but Daehyun here is my brother, step brother. I believe that would answer why we’re the same age when we’re not twins.” Kairi explained to Chen. Yep, Kairi is my sister, the one who cooks for me. Introductions aside, we opened up our lunchboxes. I smiled sheepishly at Chen as she can see that my lunchbox was filled with food that could feed three people while the rest of them had just enough for one person. I started eating, I could hear Kairi complaining to Chen about having to cook for me three times more than for herself. Hey, I liked food, no, I loved food, one of the reasons why I want a girl who knows how to cook. “Wow that looks nice, who cooked it? Or did you buy it?” Kairi asked Chen. “Ah, I cooked it, here try some”. I saw Chen giving some of her tteokbokki to Kairi. She tried it and gave a thumbs up to Chen. Wow, Chen is almost kind of like my ideal type. That’s it. I’m gonna try to get to know her. I’m not letting this chance slip away. Who knows, she might be the one that fits as my ideal girl.

 


 

Months later

I am in deep deep trouble. Why? Because in the months that passed by, I found out that Chen is not what I imagined her to be. Sure she does cook and gives me butterfly feelings, but that’s another problem because other than that she’s the complete opposite of my ideal type. And that’s not good, because for some reason, I still like her, I don’t know why I do, because, SHE BULLIES ME! I think she hates me or maybe her new favorite hobby since she moved is bullying me. I can’t even rest properly because I’m always thinking on why I still like her. This is bad. She’s on my head 24/7 and it hurts my head thinking over everything again and again because she’s not even my ideal type. She’s different. She’s not supposed to be like this, my fantasies are ruined. I dropped my head on my desk and groaned. “Hey, Dae. What happened to you?” Youngjae said with a knowing smirk. “Something or better yet, someone bothering you?” he continued. I groaned, “Yes, something or someone is bothering me”. Youngjae laughed, “Chen’s made a very big impact on you, and she’s not even half of your ideal type”. “I know” I said groaning again.

 


 

“Yo! We’re back with the drinks!” a familiar voice said, sounds like my sister. Then they dropped the plastic bags filled with drinks on the table. “Mango juice for Jae, Apple juice for Kai, Banana milk for me, and lastly, Grape juice for Daehyun.” Chen said while giving our respective drinks smiling. You would think that that smile is innocent, but no, it’s evil. She’s a devil with the looks of an angel. She knows well after months of being friends that I hate grape juice, but she always does this every time, this is why I don’t like it when she goes and buys the drinks. Even if I say I will go buy, she’ll insist that she buys and runs off before I can stop her.

“I also made cheese cake again.” Chen said cheerfully. I snapped my head at her, my favorite food in the whole wide world, cheese cake, she makes nice and tasty cheese cakes too. “Yes!” I exclaimed about to stand up. “Not for you. It’s for Kairi only!” Chen said while smirking mischievously. I looked at her shocked with my eyes about to pop out. Not only had she given me grape juice, now I’m not even allowed to eat cheese cake too.

I felt like crying watching my sister eat my dear cheese cake. I wanted one too. Then she fed Youngjae a bite. “Objection! Why! Why he gets to eat and not me. I’m your brother!” I hit the desk with my fist and stood up. “Because, Chen said not for you, and it’s mine so I can decide if I want to give some or not. I gave some to Jae and not to you because I’m just following orders of the one who made it.” Kairi said while laughing at poor me. “This is not fair. Not Fair!” I said as I sat back down and trashed around on my chair. Then all three of them started laughing.

 


 

A year later

It’s graduation day. After all’s done and ceremony’s done, the four of us met up at the canteen. Youngjae and Kairi were buying drinks for us, while I was sitting at the table with Chen. “So we’re finally out of school eh, but that also means we won’t be seeing that much of each other anymore, hah can’t bully me now” I said with an awkward laugh. “But we’ll still see each other around right, since we live in the same area anyways.” I continued. She just smiled at me. “I’m moving, my whole family is moving.” Chen said with a serious tone in her voice. I hope she’s just joking, I hope she’s just playing me again and she’ll burst out laughing or smirking her mischievous smile, but few seconds later she was still the same. No smirk, no laughs, no hints of trickery. She’s not joking. “O-oh, then we’ll see each other around when we do right?” I said with an awkward laugh again. Chen nodded and smiled at me. Is this the last time I would see her? Then Kairi and Youngjae came back with the drinks. They started talking and I just tuned them out. I didn’t listen to what they’re saying because all think about, the only thing in my mind now was that Chen is leaving me.

 


 

Few weeks later

She’s gone now, I don’t even know where. She won’t tell me. She just sent me a text saying they were done packing up their things. I asked her where she was moving to but she never answered me. It’s been a two weeks now since she left. “Bye Chen, enjoy yourself okay? Remember to send me stuffs.” My sister said to the other person in the phone as she walked out of her room. “Hey, was that Chen?” I asked. “Yep, but she hanged up already, too late Dae.” Kairi said to me as she stuck out her toungue. I glared at her. “Nope, I didn’t want to talk to her anyways. But, do you know where she is? Where she went?” I asked. “Oh she didn’t tell you? Right now she’s at London.” Kairi answered nonchalantly like it wasn’t a big deal. My eyes widen and my jaw dropped. “W-what?! Wait then how were you talking to her?”. “What? Oh, we used Kakao Talk, ya know, the app, not long distance call, are you crazy? That’s expensive!” Kairi said then she hit the back of my head. So that’s where Chen moved to, London.

 


 

Few months later

It’s been a while now since I last saw Chen. I thought it would at least be peaceful, but no, her absence was affecting me badly. I feel empty without her. In those times with her, I got used to having her around and bullying me. There must be something wrong with me. I’m missing someone who bullies me. I might be a, what’s that word, masochist, yeah I might be a masochist. It hurts me, it hurts my head thinking about her, but the hurt now and the hurt before, when she was around, are different. This time it hurts more. I can’t even sleep properly, she is always on my mind. I tried forgetting her since now she’s living on the other side of the world, but I can’t, it’s too hard and it hurts. I can’t believe how attached I became to her. She just popped in my life and then she just left like that, but she brought along my heart with her. Chen’s not my ideal type, she’s different, but special.

“Jung Daehyun!”

“What?”

“We have to apply for university, there’s some that have an open day today.”

“Okay.” I answered Kairi.

I dressed up and went down to the car. Kairi was waiting for me already. I sat at the front passenger’s seat. Yep, it’s my sister who’s driving, not me. I failed my exam. Don’t ask me how, I want to forget how it happened. Few hours later, it was already sundown. We also finished going through the universities & colleges that had an open day.

“Let’s get some snacks” Kairi said while we were driving home. “Cheese cake?” I asked hopefully. She laughed “Sure, sure wanna eat at the café or take out?” “Umm, let’s just take out.”

 


 

We stopped by the café close by. I went in the café to order while my sister parks the car. “Umm, three slices of Oreo Cheese cake please.” I told the cashier while looking at the cakes. “Eat here or take away Sir?” a very familiar voice asked. I looked up, are my eyes deceiving me?! “C-chen?”. She just smiled cheekily. Then my sister came in looking through her bag. ”Hurry up Dae, I thought we’re taking out.” She said before looking up. “Eat here please” “Chen!” we both said at the same time. “That would be 8000 won please.” She said. I paid for it and went to find a table.

 


 

A/N:

Muahaha cut for fun.

you may go to the next page~

this way please~

maybe later, i was just happy today XDD

so i put part 1 up~ OuO