Chapter 2.

Melting that cold heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 The school bell rings, signaling that its break time. Groups of students rushed out, chatting loudly and having fun along the hallway. Sanghyuk was still copying down some notes in class, hoping in mind to avoid the large crowd that was going to the cafeteria. Just then, N and Ravi came up to him, inviting him to come with them for lunch. Sanghyuk grinned and nodded eagerly, like a little child. N laughed and pinched Sanghyuk's cheeks while Ravi ruffled Sanghyuk's hair.

  "Come on, let's go."

   N urged the boy to hurry up as Sanghyuk finished copying the notes and took out the lunchbox his mother prepared for him. N wanted to invite Ken along, but Ken denied, saying he is going with 'someone else'. With that, Sanghyuk left with the duo, waving goodbye to Ken before heading out of the class and into the cafeteria.

   Meanwhile, in class, Ken turned around to face the boy sitting behind Sanghyuk. The boy was quietly doodling on a piece of paper, face showing no expression as he grips his pencil and moves the pencil from left to right. Ken stared at the boy for awhile and with a sigh, he talked out loud, grabbing the boy's attention,

  "You know, Hongbin-ah, I can tell that you like the new kid."

   He cast a side glance to see the grip of the pencil tightened.

  "But you know that Sanghyuk is the opposite of you right?"

   The boy's eyes wavered a bit.

  "If you really like that kid, Hongbin-ah, I suggest you should start opening up."

   Not liking where the conversation is going, the boy stood up and left the class, with his sketchbook in his hand. Ken shook his head at the action. He knew Hongbin was going to leave to avoid that particular subject. Opening up. He sighed again before he heard a small voice,almost inaudible, but loud and clear enough for him, as they were the only two left in class.

  "You shouldn't be so harsh on him."

   Ken looked at the boy sitting behind himself and shrugged, but immediately nodding after the boy sent him a cold glare.

  "I know, Leo, I know...but I have a feeling that Sanghyuk may be capable enough to help Hongbin open up, seeing how Sanghyuk is so positive over everything..."

   The boy, Leo, nodded in agreement as the two settled in a comfortable silence before Ken broke it, suggesting that they head over to the cafeteria for some snacks. Leo nodded and stood up, intertwining Ken's hand with his, as they head to the cafeteria in silence, a comfortable silence.

   Meanwhile, Sanghyuk is sitting with N and Ravi, wolfing down the fried rice his mother prepared for him. N and Ravi watched in amusement at how Sanghyuk eat like a wolf, practically stuffing himself with food while they eat their lunch slowly. They laughed at how cute Sanghyuk looked as he finished eating, wiping his mouth with a piece of napkin cutely. Everything Sanghyuk does screamed 'Cute!", they noted in agreement.

  "Hyungs, why are you guys eating so slow?"

   "Hyukkie-ah, why are you eating so fast?"

   Sanghyuk pouted at their comeback as N and Ravi laughed at Sanghyuk's pout, silently claiming him as their baby as Sanghyuk is too cute for their own good, like a little baby, they thought.

  Just as Sanghyuk finished cleaning his mouth, he caught sight of the mysterious boy that sat behind him. The boy was sitting alone at a bench, sketching on a sketchbook when a girl came up to him, handing him a letter...is that a love letter? Sanghyuk unconsciously pouted, he somehow doesn't like it. But what shocked him afterwards is how the boy reacted to the letter.

   He didn't even opened the letter, he just crushed the letter and threw it into the dustbin ne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter