Page #02

Why Me?

My name is Lee Younghee.

I'm a girl. An ordinary one.

I have average height and weight. Not tall and model-looking body. Not short and cute. I'm in the range of average height and average weight. Just average.

I have ordinary style. Naturally black hair, plain tshirt,jeans and sneakers. Makes it easy to blend in crowd and not attracting unnecessary attention.

My intelligence is average too. Not the genius or stupid. Not the diligent type or lazy one. I do my assignments in time and my grades are average. I'm not a nerd. I'm not interesting to spend my parents money outside the school either. I'm the type of student who is easily to be forgotten by teachers.

My family is an ordinary too. The type that is usually pictured in a textbook. A father, a mother, a son and a daughter. We live in an ordinary urban area of Seoul. My father is an ordinary government worker and my mom has a small noodle shop.

My brother, is not quite ordinary. He is an achiever. He has good grades, a good social life and a great badminton player. He once said his dream is to be a badminton player and play at olympic stage. And now he is on his way to his dream. He is also quite a protective brother too.

 

How I ended up in my current college is quite surprising to me. I told my parents that instead of spending their money for my tuition, it is better if I just work on my mom's noodle shop. I dont have a specific dream carrier afterall. They said they will think about it. But then my dad came to me and said he got me a full scholarship at my current college. He let me choose whatever major I want but I have to keep my grades a little higher than my usual standard. I didn't want to waste my father's effort, so I took the major that is the easiest for me. The Korean Culture major.

I spent my first semester quitely. I kept my grades on the bar that is good enough to keep the scholarship. I didn't join any activity club so I can have more time to help my mom at her shop and study at home.

The wreck of my peaceful ordinary life started when the school said my constant grades are not enough for me to get full scholarship for the next semester. I need to have an organizational experience. If not, the scholarship will only cover the half of the tuition and not the other things like textbooks and exams. I didn't want to disappoint my dad by telling him that news. So, frantically, I was looking for the club that still open for registration. It was not easy to find one in the middle of semester but I managed to find one. It was the Jeoson History Club. It was where I first meeting those six boys.

 

It was the beginning of the not-that-ordinary things.