Part 3

I Remember That It Hurt

This was originally planned to just be a two shot, but after reading some of the comments I've had idea's of continuing. 

Damnit guys, why you gotta be like that.

I'll be adding TaeNy and YulSic later on. Hopefully some more angst.

I will also be renaming this story, and maybe trying to make a poster, or if anyone could do that for me I'd be internaly grateful. 

And because I listen to a lot of music when writing, I'll make a playlist. 

And now onto chapter 3.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon loved rainstorms; they calmed her down and hit her with memories of the past. When she was fourteen, she used to tell her childhood friend Jessica that she could never be with someone who wasn’t excited by the rain. Taeyeon and Jessica still had conversations whilst watching the rain, reminiscing the past.

 

As Taeyeon stepped onto the sheltered exit of her college she was hit with a feeling of happiness. Thunder echoed in the distance as the rain fell. She spotted a few people from the lecture running towards the dorms protected by umbrellas. That’s when Taeyeon saw her. A pretty red head stood a few feet away from her. She hugged her grey sweater closer to her body. The girl stared at the rain with a small smile on her face. Taeyeon felt her heart beat faster when she turned to her.

 

“You don’t have an umbrella too, huh?” The red head asked.

 

“No, “ Taeyeon said truthfully, “I didn’t really expect it to rain.”

 

The girl nodded and turned back to watch the rain, “Do you like the rain?”

 

“I love it”

 

She smiled at Taeyeon, “Same, it’s beautiful.”

 

“Hmm” Taeyeon nodded her head in agreement. The girl took a few steps towards Taeyeon.

 

“I’m Tiffany, what’s your name?” She smiled brightly at Taeyeon, her eyes curving into crescents. Taeyeon could feel herself blush as she quickly bowed to the girl.

 

“Taeyeon, “  She replied, “do you go to college here? I haven’t seen you around campus before.”

 

“I just started, a bit late I know. I was in America with my appa for a few months before coming back.”

 

“Are you living on campus?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yep, “Tiffany nodded, “moved in with my best friend to her dorm, who I actually need to tell her to clean up the kitchen. “ She trailed off as Tiffany remembered the state of the kitchen. “Her and her girlfriend left a mess from breakfast, her girlfriend can’t cook for her life.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled and slipped her hands into her jean pockets. Couldn’t cook for her life, reminded her of Jessica. “Wait, do you know Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Yeah, that’s her and her girlfriend Jessica.” Tiffany raised her eyebrow.

 

“Jessica’s my friend, your right about her cooking.” Taeyeon found herself grinning. “ I’m actually meant to be meeting Yuri and someone else for coffee now, do you want to come so you can yell at Yuri?”

 

Tiffany giggled, covering with her hand.  “Sounds like a plan.” She frowned once the realisation set.  “But the rain…”

 

 “What should we do?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Run!” Tiffany yelled before running into the rain. So that’s what they did. They dashed around other college students.  Tiffany took the lead, splashing in the puddles, soaking the ends of her black jeans and converse. She spun around, stopped and looked at Taeyeon. She waited for Taeyeon to catch up before taking the other girls hand in own. They continued to run in the rain, drenched and enchanted.

 

Taeyeon’s words to Jessica no longer felt like a requirement, but a foretelling.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 “You didn’t think this through, did you?”

 

 “Nope.”

 

Yuri sighed, “And you realise you’re a total idiot for doing so.”

 

“Duh.”

 

“Yoona, I don’t think kissing her immediately classifies her as yours.” Yuri held the umbrella higher above her friends head.

 

“Yuri, sometimes I feel like slapping a fish across your face.” The older girl rolled her eyes at the words. “That’s why I have this handsome devil of a coffee with these equally drop dead gorgeous flowers. As soon as I give them to her, I’ll ask her to be my girlfriend.” Yoona waved her hands like it was the answer to world hunger. She slipped the flowers into her jacket pocket as the two hurried along the wet streets.

 

“Miss Yoona doesn’t do dating, no sir, she just kisses and gets girlfriends.” Yuri shook her head paused at the side of the road. They watched as car’s passed in the rain.

 

“To be honest I don’t know why I still put up with you. You and Tiffany were in my ear all the way through high school and I’m still putting up with both of you in college,” Yoona shook her head and took the umbrella off Yuri. “You and your ‘I’m not gay’ closet business and Tiffany’s “I have no idea why 10 guys asked me to the formal and I turned every single one of them down”.

 

Yuri stretched her arms, “I was in an emotionally confused state Yoona, I’m surprised you didn’t do anything as drastic as me. You just stalked.”

 

 

“I didn’t stalk, I watched, get it right. Besides, I was in internal pain for the last two years of high school.”

 

“Oh yes, let’s not get started on Yoona’s ual longing.” Yuri smirked at the brunette.

 

 “What the heck, it wasn’t ual!” Yoona stomped her foot on the wet ground.

 

“Yes, yes, say it exactly like that and you’ll convince yourself,” Yuri said sarcastically.

 

“You just don’t understand pain.” Yoona gritted her teeth and held the umbrella up high as they began to cross the road. “Is Taeyeon meeting us at Last Chance? “

 

“She said she might be a few minutes late, something about wanting to argue with a professor about her assignment. “

 

“God, it’s her fault she stayed up all night playing Call of Duty.”

 

“But it’s our fault for showing it to her.” Yuri bite her lip, she felt rather guilty for Taeyeon getting a rather low mark in her last assignment.

 

The Last Chance coffee shop was directly next to the road; a few people opened the door and began to run from the rain.

 

“I think we showed her a new side of technology, one where she vents her stress in a safe environment.” Yoona nodded and opened the door, letting Yuri in first.
 

“Shooting zombies in the head probably isn’t the safest environment,” Yuri commented as Yoona closed the umbrella and followed her inside.

 

“But it’s the thought that counts,” Yoona shrugged and headed towards the cashier.

 

They ordered their usual coffee and waited in line, their conversation died down. Yuri stared at her younger friend.

 

 “Yoong, I really don’t want you getting hurt.” Yuri said once their drinks given to them.

 

“Seohyun’s not gonna hurt me, she couldn’t hurt a fly,” Yoona shook her head and sat down next to the window.

 

Yuri took the seat across from her. “I think she could hurt a fly if she wanted to, but she wouldn’t.”

 

“That had some special meaning behind that, didn’t it?”

 

“Yep,”

 

“And this is why I text you instead of meeting up,” Yoona said, “also because whenever I come over to your dorm Jessica’s there along with Tiffany.”

 

“What’s wrong with my girlfriend and best friend?!”

 

“Nothing,” Yoona shook her head, “you’re just constantly making out. Tiffany just puts up with you, besides; she can’t afford to move out. Roommate slash best friend never ends well.”

 

Yuri crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow at Yoona. “You totally just changed the topic, stop doing that.”

 

Yoona shrugged and blew on her coffee. Her eyes trailed to the window as she watched people walk past, some with umbrellas, other drenched. A running blond and red head caught her eye, their hands connected. “Isn’t that Tiffany?”

 

Yuri followed Yoona’s eyes and looked out the window. “And Taeyeon….what the hell?”

 

The two entered the coffee shop, laughing as they shook their wet clothes.

 

“That was fun,” Tiffany clapped her hands together, “We should do that again sometime!”

 

“Run in the rain?” Taeyeon laughed and slipped off her jacket, “We totally should.”

 

“Taeyeon, Tiffany!” Yoona waved to the drenched girls, “Where the heck have you guys been?”

 

Tiffany caught sight of Yuri. The tanned girl cringed when she saw Tiffany’s face. She was hoping to get away with the kitchen incident at least until later that night.

 

“YAH KWON YURI, GET YOUR TO THE DORM AND CLEAN IT!”