Part 1

I Remember That It Hurt

 

#Entry No. 2 

They say a teenage obsession lasts as long as a bad marriage. Wait that sounded mean that’s not what I meant. Marriage is good, if it’s with the right people. I wouldn’t know, my parents aren’t together; my appa looks after me and my cousin. Appa’s a writer, he’s won tones of awards and published a few books. Money to keep us going without my umma, a house, education, the things we need to live. Appa gets me and my cousin to write in a journal, which is what you're reading now. Writing gets passed on through blood, he says. The richest of blood, experience and skill. But being a writer you need to experience in life, which is why appa dosen't care when me or my cousin stay out till 2 in the morning. He just wants us to live. 

Yoona sighed at the journal in her hands. It had been over a year since the journal had been given to her, Her very first page had been filled with the word 'obsession'. Yoona shuddered at the word, it held so many meanings. 

"Yoona," a loud voice echoed from the kitchen. Yoona sighed for the tenth time before puting her journal down on the wooden coffee table. 

"What?!" she yelled back with just as much volume. 

"Did you eat the leftover kimchi from last night?" Sooyoung poked her head around the corner from the kitchen. "Jessica was going to make kimchi fried rice and tuna y'know." 

"I think appa took it down the beach to that woman who runs past everyday," she pouted at the older girl. "Did you seriously think I ate it?"

"We are the only two who eat everything so yeah," Sooyoung took the seat across from her. "Uncle took more of our beloved food down to that chick?"

Yoona nodded. She knew her cousin had problems towards the woman. Yoona couldn't lie, she too had her suspicions since she had been turning up at their house for the past week. She became even more suspicious when the woman had walked out of their shower in nothing but a towel one morning.

Sooyoungs voice broke through her train of thoughts; "You know what that means, right?" 

Yoona shook her head. 

"They're sleeping together." Sooyoung flicked the younger girls forehead. 

Yoona stared at her blankly. He had been on a few dates here and there but sleeping with another woman, it didn't seem like him. "As in dating?" 

"As in plain and simple sleeping together, Yoong. I think it's more her idea though, Uncle's never been the forward type," Sooyoung stood up, glancing at Yoona's journal. "I'm gonna go take a shower, if Jessica comes let her do whatever." 

Yoona nodded to her cousin before watching her trail upstairs. Leaning back on her chair she listened to the sounds of the distant beach. When she head the sounds of the shower running, Yoona picked up her journal and began flipping through the pages again. 

After a few minutes she head the front door open and someone drop a bag to the floor. Yoona quickly closed her journal. If Sooyoung was right and apps was sleeping with that woman, it could mean he was back and hell was about to break loose. 

Either way, hell would break loose. 

"Appa?" Yoona called out, she clutched the journal to her chest as she waited for a reply. 

"Nope, it's Santa." Jessica smirked at her own witty reply as she took her jacket off before throwing it on the table in front of Yoona. 

"Your a month early," Yoons grinned at the older girl as she let her body untense. 

"I'm always prepared," Jessica pushed her light brown hair out of her face. She ruffled Yoona's hair affectionately before sitting on the table. "Still writing?" 

"I have to," Yoona whacked the journal on the other girls thigh. "Unlike you, not all of us have modeling as a definite career path." She stuck her tongue out as Jessica looked at her with a shocked expression. 

"Well you should've come with me to the photoshoot! Put those gorgeous looks of yours to use." Jessica bite her lip as she pried Yoona's hands off the journal. "Still writing about Seohyun?" 

Yoona's eyes widened as her face quickly turned red. "What? No! Who told you that!?" 

"Please Yoona, Tiffany and Yuri say all you do is stare at her in class."

The two girls were quiet for a moment when the youngest didn't retaliate. 

"When are you gonna ask her out?"

"When are you gonna ask Yuri out?" 

Jessica sighed and leaned back on her hands. "I'll let her do that, she needs to grow some balls." 

"Metaphorical balls." Yoona mumbled, dragging her finger across the wooden table. 

"Whatever. Kimchi fried rice with tuna?" Jessica pushed herself off where she was sitting. 

"Uh-well," Yoona began but didn't finish as Jessica began screeching from the kitchen. 

"WHY IS THERE NO KIMCHI! I HAVENT EATEN ALL GODDAMN DAY!"

 

----------------

 

"Stuff this! I'll be a stripper!" Yoona threw her hands in the air in defeat. The numbers on her page stared back at her evilly. 
 
She noticed that the classroom had gotten quieter. Squeezing her eyes shut, Yoona slowly lifted her head up and opened one eye. As expected, her outburst that was intentionally only made for the person next to her to hear had escaped louder than expected. Her classmates eyes were glued to her as well as the teachers. She could hear the quiet giggles from the girl next to her, which she made a mental note to kick her after this class. 
 
"Yoona, I do hope you're being sarcastic. That attitude won't get you into college," The teacher crossed his arms, a frown present on his rough face. 
 
"Yes sir, I was being sarcastic sir," Yoona slightly lowered her head as she felt her face burning up. 
 
"I do hope you will be more quiet, Yoona," he shook his head. "No more interruptions in my math class." 
 
"Yes sir. Sorry sir," Yoona slipped her hands onto her lap and bowed her head. 
 
The girl next to her choked slightly as she attempted to hold back her fit of laughter. Striking out her right foot, Yoona kicked the other girls leg before hissing; "Shut up Yuri, you'll get both our butts into detention,".
 
Yuri leaned her head on top of her opened note book as her shoulders shook violently. "Sorry Yoong," She turned her head to the side. "But you looked like a lost puppy,". She bite her lip to hold in another laugh. 
 
Yoona sighed and sank down into her chair, deciding to give up on the math questions in front of her. She attempted to pay attention to what the teacher was saying as he scribbled numbers and squiggly lines across the board. Before she knew it her eyes were attached to his bald head. Why is so shiny...and bald. There isn't a single strand of hair. Maybe he has some sort of cream he puts on it, I could use it on my legs. Subconsciously, Yoona rubbed her legs together. I wonder if it's smooth... 
 
"Yoona. Yoona. YO YOONA!" Yuri whacked the back of her head, breaking the girls thoughts. 
 
"What was that for" 
 
"You had a erted look on your face!" Yuri shook the younger girl by her shoulders. "It was nasty!" 
 
"Guys, come on." Tiffany shook her head sadly at the two yelling girls. "Class is over anyway." She looked down at her pink phone before slipping it into her back pocket of her shorts. "I've got two minutes to get to the bus stop,"
 
Yuri slowly let go of Yoona's shoulders. "Fany, I don't trust a ert Yoona," She quickly picked up her books before taking her place beside Tiffany. "What if she tries to me?"
 
"Yah! Why would I even you! You're not even attracive!" Yoona began piling her books into a neat stack.
 
Tiffany turned her head towards the door of the class room. Her eyes widened slightly before she quickly pulled on Yuri's arm. "Don't you have dance class now." 
 
"So does Yoona," Yuri raised an eyebrow as Tiffany continued to pull her towards the door, not waiting for their youngest friend. 
 
"Yoona can catch up, Come on. Bye!" She called out to Yoona before flashing an eye smile before they both disapeared.
 
Yoona sighed. Alone, once again. She stood up slowly, picking up her pile of books and holding them against her chest.
 
"Yoona?" A quiet voice caused Yoona to jump, almost dropping her books. She knew who that voice belonged to. As she looked up her heart began felt like it was crawling up . 
 
Seohyun gave her a small smile, her cheeks slightly tinited. 
 
"H-Hi, Seohyun." Yoona smiled widly at the girl that caused her so much pain. Seohyun must of been why Tiffany dragged Yuri out.  
 
"Hi, I heard what you said earlier on. About stripping and all,"
 
Yoona's face immediately turned red. "Ah," This was not how she wanted to finally talk to Seohyun about.
 
"I thought if you were having trouble in math, I could tutour you. Since exams are coming up soon and the results go to out graduation, their pretty important." 
 
"That, that would be great." Yoona nodded eagerly. To spend time with Seohyun would be a dream come true. 
 
As much as Yoona wanted it, she knew nothing good would come of this obsession. 
 
------------------
 
#Entry No.67
As the last term slowly comes to an end I find myself staring at her more and more. This was out last year in school, after this meant colleage and jobs and responsibilities. I've never been good with responsiblility, I once had a fish that my auntie got me for my 8th birthday. Two days after the fish was dead because I forgot to feed it. Even when it was dead, I still had an obsession with fish. Appa always said I needed to be attached to something to give me the will power to do things. Looking back, I guess he was right. But this obsession, it's with a girl. I've never had an obsession with a girl. When I say obsession I don't meed creepy stalker, I mean I feel as if I could make her feel beautiful, I could treat her better than anyone else. She makes my heart flutter and forget how to say certain words. I'm not an awkward person, definetly not. But she makes me awkward, whenever she's around I fidget and stay quiet. 
 
I'm trying to it all in, this feeling, what she looks like, what makes her laugh, what makes her sad and confused. I know when school finishes theres a chance I'll never see her again. 
 
 
 
 
------
Part 2 out soon.