Meeting You

.: My Diary :.

Jingle~

The bell above the door rung softly as the four friends entered the cafe, breathing in the hot summer air that had been quickly replaced by the scent of caffeine. Key, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Jinki shuffled into their usual hangout eagerly as they chatted amongst themselves. To anyone, they would've looked like a normal bunch of good buddies out for a coffee. Even they liked to think of themselves as that. But inside they were all well aware that they were drifting further and further apart.

Ever since three of the four found girlfriends, their usual meet ups that had occurred for the past eight years became less frequent, their conversations more awkward. And this didn't seem to bother anyone as much as it bothered the youngest, Taemin. He, of course, was the only one without a girlfriend. The times when his hyungs cancelled on him to go on dates were the times he felt the most lonely. Along with this came the fact that his parents were barely ever home ( which was why he attended a boarding school in Spring, Fall, and Winter), and that his crush rejected him rather harshly on the last day of school, adding to his depression.

According to Key, the "umma" in their circle of slowly separating friends, this was why Taemin needed to vent about his feelings. And so for Taemin's last birthday, Key got him a diary.

Taemin had been completely put off by the idea at first. Complaining that diaries were for girls and whatnot. He had never expected to become so addicted to it, but after he wrote in it the first time, he realized he kind of liked it. As days passed and turned into weeks, there were even a few times when he looked forward to writing in it at the end of the day. But then a new cafe opened, and in an attempt to cheer Taemin up, the three friends brought him there twice a week. It worked well enough for Taemin, and seeing no reason to use the diary, he tossed it into his sock drawer and forgot about it, figuring it would become something he could read years later and laugh about. Who knew he would be finding a use for it again so soon?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin felt his lips curve into a smile as he inhaled the smell of assorted coffees and teas. His usual was probably waiting for him. He and his friends had become well known regulars.

"Aish, this place is packed today," he heard Key mutter just loud enough for him to hear.

" Of course it is pabo, it's a new cafe," Jonghyun pointed out. Taemin could almost hear the smirk in his voice. He smiled himself at the thought as his eyes scanned the various seats and booths, most of which were full as Key had indicated. His head snapped forward attentively as a surprised voice greeted the group.

"You guys again?"

"What's that supposed to mean, Amber?" Onew retorted with a pout. "You don't like us?"

"No, it's not that. I'm just suprised this place has regulars already." Amber looked down at her chest, which she could plainly see was nametag-less. "And the fact that you remembered my name is a bi-"

"Eh, whatever." Key inturrupted. " Can we just get seats please?" Amber nodded apologetically before leading the group to a spacious booth beside the window. Taemin settled himself on the leathery seats next to Onew, and there was an awkward silence for a few moments before Jonghyun's amateur attempt to start a conversation.

"So, how's stuff been for you guys?"

Terrible. I must be one of the loneliest people on Earth. All I do is stay at home alone all day no matter how hot it is, because my parents are always gone, and I don't have a reason to go on dates if I don't even have a girlfriend. And who knows if I can even get one after that awful rejection? I live for the days we spend here.

Taemin shrugged his shoulders and let the usual lie spill out of his mouth. "Good." The other two mumbled in agreement. Taemin was especially thankful when the odd quietness was shattered by a deep, almost melodic voice, though it shocked Taemin a bit, even more so when he looked up to see who the voice belonged to.

"Hello, my name is Minho and I'll be your waiter today."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DIBIDIBIDIS MY NAME IS MINHO. (*cough*notreally*cough*)

 

Anywho, I hope this chappie tides you guys over while I get over this stupid writers block. I had so many ideas two minutes ago! asdfghjkl!!!

Keep a lookout for the next chapter and thank you to everyone who bothered to read my fanfiction (^_^)b