The Liar, the Witch and the Tug of War (part 2)

Stealing G-dragon

 

 

-- Why did the old hag gave Snow White a poisoned apple? 

----------------

 

 

The Witch

 

"This is killing me."

 

 I want to scold myself for being impulsive sometimes, since I can't seem to find the right shoes for my outfit earlier, I decided to buy a brand new one. It did solve my dilemma but now, even just minutes of wearing them, they are starting to give me hell of a trouble. They are definitely gorgeous but, damn…it's slowly killing my feet. 

'Is it a mortal sin for a mere human like me to try and become a goddess even for a night?' I asked myself exasperatedly. "why am I being punished then?" I asked my pathetic self, again… Then on cue, I heard a laugh coming from a goddess incarnate as if she was mocking me.

I looked at the woman dancing with Jiyong. Her face, her body, her style even her movements--how can someone look effortlessly perfect like a goddess? It's not even fair. I looked up as if somebody was up there. 'Why doesn't she get punish for it?'

"Are you trying to pierce a hole in her head? Coz, I tell ya…unless you use your stiletto, the party will end and no hole will be there. I'm sure of it." Bom said which earned her a glare from me for her stupid joke.

Probably sensing my bad mood, she retracted her statement... "Chill, dear. You know I'm just teasing." ...or so I thought. "I perfectly know that your stiletto won't bore a hole in her head..I'm not that stupid. It's too blunt…try the studs." She told me whispering the last line to my ear.

"Bom, If you don't shut your mouth, I'll try to put all these studs on my shoes into your mouth." I warned her.

"Dara, you know what? You have issues. Instead of directing your anger towards your real target, why are you dragging your poor, innocent shoes into this? That is just low! What has it ever done to you? If you remove their studs, they will just be plain ugly." she said looking at my shoes as if they are precious little babies.

I just stared at her in disbelief. Having an argument with her is useless. If she can't shut , I'll just shut mine. 

"Yah, what are you so upset about?" she nudged me when she noticed I wasn't even answering.

"Okay…what I really want to say is, lighten up. This is a party, so just enjoy it. Don't just sulk here. I thought you said, be happy for them? But now, you look like you drank bitter juice or something."

I heaved a sigh. "I am not bitter." I mumbled. "I'm just not in the mood to party."

"Then, why did you come? If you want to act like everything is cool and pretend you're happy for them, so be it. But make sure you can keep the act all throughout or else you'll just end like a sore loser. Be decisive, Dara. Decide what you really want. Don't just go with the flow." She said holding my hand after and giving it a little squeeze while looking at me with concern.

What she said hit a spot on me, I know she's right but.... "It's not that easy…" I told her, hesitating.

"Who says it's easy? Easy is for … I know you, you are no …" She said giving me a smile. 

Looking at Bom tonight, I never felt this thankful for having such a good friend. It is rare to have a glimpse of this side of her, you know. Most of the time, she talks about herself and nonsensical stuff. But tonight, beyond that thick make up, you see a wise-Bom inside.

"You know those witches in fairy tales? It is really unfair to judge them. They just did what they did because they were not blessed like the princess. Beauty? Wealth? Love? They don't have any of it, but since they want to have all of it, they did everything that they can without the help of a godmother or a prince charming or even the seven dwarves. They are smart tacticians. They should be the little girls' role models not those princesses. " She ranted.

I spoke too soon. 

"I don't think you're getting the right message from these fairy tales, Bom" I told her while turning my attention back to the princess on the dance floor. She must be princess Snow White, and Jiyong is her prince charming. I shook my head. Earlier she was a goddess, now a princess? Bom is definitely rubbing on me.

"Well, fairy tales should be burned. It's a propaganda, giving false ideas to these young children that they can all dream and become a princess and marry their prince charming…" She paused a little to sip on her glass of wine, "Nobody wants to be the evil witch, but in the end they become one…such hypocrites." She ended, gulping the remaining wine in her glass.

She does have a point there. 

"If you think about it…what if, every girls' dream is to become the evil witch?" I said, seriously considering the possibility. ".…hmm..."

" fight everywhere." Bom said.

We looked at each other and said the exact same thing. "Que horror!!!!"

We both ended up laughing like fools. Some people are already giving us ridiculous stares. Geez! These people don't get our sense of humor.

"Bom, he is happy right?" I asked pertaining to the sweet couple on the dance floor.

"I think so. He's smiling and all." She answered honestly.

"I think so too." I said with a bitter smile "I'm glad, I really am."

Bom might have noticed my gloomy aura. "Come on, Dara. Let's join the party!" She said grabbing my arm and dragging me to the dance floor.

------

 

"I can't believe he is actually going to marry that ."

I was inside the ladies' room in one of the cubicles, when someone startled me by that statement. Aside from that, I was actually more surprised that I understood her Japanese, hmm..my Japanese lessons are paying off

"She's a witch I tell you. There was this rumor where she used to live with an old man from a yakuza. That's why she has a modelling career, she has connections." said by another girl with a squeaky voice.

"Scary~ I can't believe I'm friends with her. If I have known...I wouldn't have come in this engagement party. What if that old man discovers that she is getting married?" said by the same girl earlier.

"Well I heard he dumped her that's why she's now, you know~ onto someone else. hahaha" 

I did not intend to eavesdrop to be honest. I was putting an ointment on my blisters when they suddenly walk in and started gossiping. I just happen to understand their conversation. I was about to reveal myself when I heard the girl with a squeaky voice speak again.

"She's famous for everyone who is willing to give her what she wants. She even have a video scandal with Jin to prove it." she said.

"SHHH! Keep quiet. Kiko hates talking about it…." I did not understand the rest of what she said. But I clearly understand now that the they were talking about earlier, was Jiyong's. Wait, what?!

I heard the other girl said something about her phone and the video. I peeked to see what they were doing, and saw them watching something in their phone. 

"That ! She--! What the?!" Both of them were surprised at me barging outside the cubicle, suddenly revealing myself.

"Let me look at that phone." I demanded not minding if I came off rude. Both of them looked at me, confused. I took a step closer and both of them step back, fear on their faces are now apparent. I feel like a bully threatening them for lunch money. I heaved a sigh. "Mite kudasai~" I said, which made them more confuse. I need to work more on my pronunciation and construction, I see. "Ketai" I said pointing at the mobile phone. "Mite kudasai~" 

The girl holding the phone gave it to me without any hesitation. I saw the video was on pause, so I clicked it to play. So this is the video they were talking about. The girl in there looks exactly like Kiko. I don't need to watch the whole thing, I just need to confirm if it was her. After that, I gave the phone back and walked away leaving the two Japanese girls, dumbstruck. 

 

I sneered. She ain't no princess after all. She's a witch!

 

----------------

As I learned from Bom, the real world is infested by witches.

They are strong, independent and in-disguise as a princess to steal your oppas' hearts.These cunning and heartless creatures know what they want and make a plan to get it by hook or by crook. 

I have to save him from her....

even if I have to be a witch myself.

because I.., no--we all want one thing…

and that is a happy ending.

 

-----------------

-- Because she is a witch!