Chapter 2 - A Company

Did You Forget
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Anything yet?"

“Nothing.. I've contacted the college but the numbers they gave me all are out of reach! Neither are those in his phone!" 

Siwon was pacing back and forth in the hallway outside the operating room. As soon as they reached the ER, the unconscious boy was transported by the doctors to the operating room immediately. He had been trying to contact Kyuhyun's family and friends since then but to no avail. He looked at his watch. "Almost an hour.” his hands starting to tremble.

“Hey..” Hyukjae carefully called out to his friend. He looked so lost and exhausted. “Why don't you sit down.. and try again." 

"How can I sit down Hyukjae?! I might have killed someone!!” Siwon snapped.

"He.. He 's still so young!! What should I do?? We still couldn't contact his family.. I.. what have I done.. it’s all my fault.. what if he..” Siwon brought his hands to his face, couldn't come to complete his sentence.

Hyukjae got up and went to hug his friend to help him calm down. 

“But now you're only going to wear yourself out.. Sit down and let’s wait for the doctors.. you look like you are about pass out anytime soon and we don't want that to happen.“ he soothed his best friend.

Hyukjae felt so bad for him. Never in his life had Siwon really hurt anyone. Sure, being the quarterback of a football team, who is also known for being the toughest one in the league, Siwon had hurt another players. But he would always personally apologise to his opponents after the game if they got injured because of him. Knowing his friend, Hyukjae could only imagine the enormous sense of guilt the man was feeling right now.

“Why don't you go get changed first, your clothes are still wet, you'll catch a cold. I think I have your spare clothes in my car. Wait here, I’ll go get them." Siwon slowly nodded and watched Hyukjae walked away. 

 

He then turned to look at the red “operating” sign at the door in front of him. He suddenly felt so worn out as images of what had just took place flashed through his mind. He let himself slumped onto the chair and went quiet still.

-

"Kyunnie.. Will you be okay?" 

"Kyuhyun-ah.. we won't be long!"

"Kyuhyun, it's not your fault.."

"Cho Kyuhyun! Come here kiss me goodbye you brat!" 

He could see the faces of his loved ones who he missed dearly, as they whispered those words they once said to him. Before they left. And now it is his turn to leave. He has been counting... It's time. 

But when he opened his eyes, he saw white and all that he felt was incredible pain all over. Is this his punishment? Does not he deserve peace even in his afterlife? 

In his effort to withstand the pain, he heard it. Voice of a man, speaking to God, pleading with Him. 

Somehow, listening to him made him forgot about the pain as Kyuhyun wondered whose voice was it, what was he praying for and why was he hearing this. 

He willed himself to blink a few times so he could see clearer and he realised he was laying in the hospital bed. At the corner of his eyes, he could see a figure and he tried to see who could this man be. He tried to open his eyes wider but he couldn’t find the energy to do so. Suddenly he heard the same voice calling his name again and again.

 

“Kyuhyun?! Kyuhyun-ssi!! You're awake!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you God!!"

Siwon had never felt that relieved when he saw the faint movements the boy in the hospital bed next to him made. It’s been almost a week since the accident and when he saw Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered open, he felt like crying. He couldn’t stop thanking the above for answering his prayers. But hearing Kyuhyun's groans and seeing the way his eyes were slowly closing, he immediately called for the doctors. 

-

The next time Kyuhyun opened his eyes, he saw the same figure sitting next to his bed. Realising that he had woken up, the man stood up and went to get some water for him. 

"Who are you?" he adjusted his face facing the man who had his back turned towards him.

The man turned around and approached the bed with his head down. "I'm Choi Siwon. And it was me.. I was the one who did this to you. I'm sorry.. I promise I will take care of you until you fully recover. Please.. forgive me.” His hands were holding the glass of water tightly.

"Oh…” said Kyuhyun as he recognised the man as the Choi Siwon from his college.

"I'm really sorry.. I didn't see you, but it's my fault I was speeding-" 

"It's ok. It's bound to happen anyway.”

Siwon snapped his head up and looked at Kyuhyun at the statement. The younger had no expression on his face as he was staring up at the white ceiling above. 

 

"And thank you for saving me.. I guess." those brown eyes were looking at him before he adverted them again.

Siwon was quite taken aback at the whole situation, he wasn't sure of what to answer to that. 

What does he mean by that... And thank me? 

He continued staring at the boy dumbly before the brown eyes looked directly at him and gave him a glare. He still wasn't sure what to say. 

"Here, drink. The doctor reminded me to gave you a drink once you wake up. I'll call them to check up on you again"

No respond. 

"And.. how can I contact your family, or do you want me to contact your friends 'stead, let them know? Do tell me later so I ca-"

"Don't bother."

“But we should inform them, they might be worryi-“

“I’ll call them myself later.”

“But-"

“Thank you for all that you’ve done, but I am awake now, you don't have to stay here and look after me anymore. There's nurses and doctors here for that. You can go home. I'm alive so you don't have to worry and I won't press any charges or anything, it's partly my fault anyway for crossing the street blindly like that. So I'll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter