Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go

"As always?" JiHee asked smiling at her friend.

"Mm, thank you." ChanYeol nodded and looked up from his lap to see her get him a large cup of cappuccino.

JiHee was a waitress at his favourite restaurant and because he spend so much of his time there, they became really good friends. She was really caring for him and he didn't mind that at all.

She placed the cup in front of him and took out his headphone from his ear.

"Why are you still here? Weren't you supposed to meet with that girl, HanMi?" ChanYeol gave her a big smile, but she could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Oh, HanMi, she said she couldn't come. Again." His smile grew, as if he needed to reassure himself that he was smiling.

"Don't worry ChanYeol ah. I'll get you some galbi if you want? You do, don't you?" A grin escaped his mouth as he nodded vigorously.

JiHee run back to the kitchen and asked the chef for the food. She waved at ChanYeol and told him it would only take twenty minutes. He plugged his headphone in again and started tapping his hand to the rhythm, when he heard the door close loudly. Someone was standing in the entrance looking for a sit and as every table was taken, the stranger took a step towards his table.

"Would you mind if I sit? There aren't any other places." A petite, brown-haired boy asked with a shy smile. Without a second of hesitance, ChanYeol nearly ripped the headphone out of his ear and gave a big, bright smile to the stranger.

"Sure, sit yourself down, I'll call JiHee." The boy glanced at the overhyped person in front of him and smirked. He seems fun.

"JiHee, come here!" He gestured at the girl in white apron as she rushed to the table thinking something happened.

"What's wrong, why are you shouting?" From the shock, she haven't even notices the other boy on the table.

"Well, shouldn't you take the order?" JiHee looked around and jumped as she realized she just missed a customer coming in. She bowed her head low and greeted him, while apologizing.

"I'm really sorry, it won't happen again. What would you like?" The customer glanced at her and quickly told her not to worry.

"I'll just get an espresso, please." JiHee turned around to face ChanYeol and gave him the evils before leaving the table and getting the order. She placed the coffee in front of the stranger in a little red cup.

"Enjoy." She bowed and left quickly to the next table.

"Haven't you slept all night?" ChanYeol stared at him intensively, examining his manly, yet very delicate features. Boys eyes met and a short silence fell between them.

"Hmm?" A short moment of confusion blanked his mind, but then, staring at his cup filled with the angelic black liquid he finally realized, "Ah, yes, I had a tiring night." He sat there in silence for a short moment and then shrugged as if just awakened.

"Stupid of me, I'm Byun BaekHyun." He sat up and bowed his head slightly. ChanYeol also sat up and sipped his cappuccino slowly.

"I'm Park ChanYeol, nice to meet you." He smiled and nodded his head in return. His eyes wandered to his watch as he slowly stood up shaking his head as if yet to wake up.

"I guess I should be going now." He stood up, but quickly held himself onto the table when the feeling of dizziness hit him. He blinked a few times and shook his head again.

"Are you ok?" BaekHyun put a hand on his shoulder, to which ChanYeol shrugged at the touch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I must have stood up too quickly." He laughed at himself and carried on walking, a bit disoriented but BaekHyun thought he would be ok. In the end, he was just a stranger. But, he really wanted for him to stay a bit longer.

"Perhaps, are you going to be here tomorrow?" BaekHyun lowered his head shyly, not sure about why he asked the question, but still confident with himself.

"Hah, I'm always here." The tall boy grinned loudly and continued walking. The brown-haired watched him leave the restaurant and continued staring through the window. ChanYeol looked drunk, he was swaying and seemed confused. What's wrong with him? He asked himself a lot of questions, still looking at the newly met man, who was swaying more and more. Then he fell. Just like that, without a reason. And without a reason, BaekHyun ran as quickly as he could to help him. He was worried. But he couldn't explain why; he didn't even know him.

"Yah, Park ChanYeol, what's wrong? Come on, let me help you. Are you ok? Do you want me to get something to drink?" He gave him a hand and, although struggling, but managed to get the clumsy boy on his feet. He was still wobbling and feeling dizzy.

"Thank you BaekHyun sshi. I'm sorry for causing trouble." ChanYeol stood up and brushed his shirt with his hand to get the dirt off.

"Do you want to hand? You look bad." The petite boy smiled and him and held his arm so he could get his balance back. They peered at each other and ChanYeol gave him the puppy look.

"Thank you BaekHyun sshi, I though I was good-looking, but that's your opinion." He turned his head in the opposite direction, leaving BaekHyun in confusion.

"Yah, I didn't mean it that way, you look sick, you idiot. I never said you were bad-looking." BaekHyun hit his forehead lightly at how stupid the other boy's statement was.

"So you're saying I'm handsome?" ChanYeol stared at him with eyes full of happiness and hope.

"No, I never said that!" He punched ChanYeol in the arm playfully, but he felt his cheeks turning red. Aish, what is this?! He placed his hands on his cheeks to cover it up, but ChanYeol only smiled and started walking, leaving BaekHyun alone in the middle on the side-walk.

"Wait, you! Stop, you owe me an espresso." He ran up to the tall boy and grabbed his arm locking is with his as if he was never to let go.

"I'm not leaving untill I get something." ChanYeol gave him the evil laugh and pecked his cheek, then ran off quickly and disappeared behind the corner, where you could still hear his laugh. BaekHyun touched his cheek and the corners of his lips turned into a small smile. Evil.... What just happened? What is this, a joke? And where's my espresso?!


 


 

Next day, ChanYeol want to his usual place, the 'SunShine!'. He sat, ordered a cappuccino and talked to JiHee for a while.

"How you doing?" She asked him, her voice sounding very concerning. She must have seen him fall yesterday.

"I'm all good, my head hurts a bit, but it'll be gone in a minute." He gave her an enormous smile and ensured her that he definitely is fine. She patted his shoulder comfortably.

"Who was that BaekHyun guy? Is he your new friend? He seems nice." She kept talking, while ChanYeol's mind went back to yesterday. He imagined BaekHyun standing there in confusion when he ran off. And fell again, just after he disappeared from the other boy's sight. At least he didn't see me fall again. He would just think I'm an idiot.

"ChanYeol ah, wake up. I think someone came to see you. Again." JiHee waved her hand in front of his face, grinned at him like a fangirl and went back to the kitchen.

"Hi, ChanYeol sshi. I came to get my espresso." He waved his both hands at him and smiled brightly, while bowing his head.

"Have I left you broken hearted yesterday, that you came back for more?" ChanYeol enjoyed mocking the pretty boy. It was funny. He was fun.

"Yah! How can you be like that to me?" BaekHyun hit his arm lightly, but hard enough for him to feel it.

"Like what? I'm handsome, right?" He glared at him in confusion at the sudden change of subject, but answered with an even louder whine than before.

"Yah, ChanYeol. Why do you keep asking me that?" ChanYeol couldn't hold it anymore and burst laughing hitting his leg with his hand at the same time. Then he quickly went back to his serious face.

"Yah, how dare you talk to me so informally? How old are you?" He snapped at the boy in front of him, making him jump in shock.

"Sorry, I'm year 1992. 21 years old." ChanYeol lowered his head down in embarrassment, they were the same age.

"Ah, right. Well, just call me ChanYeol then. I'm also 21." BaekHyun gave him the stare for scowling him for the informal talk, but smiled in the end.

"Good, we can be friends. But now you, my friend, shall buy me an espresso."

JiHee, hearing their whole conversation, rushed to their table with some galbi and one espresso, left it on the table and left witout a word. Only smiling at them both.

"Do you two have some kind of telepathy going on or what?" BaekHyun laughed and gawked at ChanYeol with puppy eyes.

"ChanYeol ah, you can't just eat all this by yourself, right? You're going to share with me, right?" BaekHyun, using his best aegyo, tried real hard to persuade him. His tummy rumbled at the sight of food and ChanYeol, although hesitating to create suspense, moved the plate to the middle of the table.

JiHee, as if knowing they would eat together, placed two pairs of chopsticks on their table. ChanYeol took the first mouthful of food. He looked like a squirrel hiding nuts in her cheeks. The other boy laughed at his funny face and gave him another mouthful of food.

"Yah, what am I, a five-year old that you have to feed me?"

"No, but you look cute." ChanYeol nearly choked himself at the unexpected words. He looked up when his head started spinning uncontrollably and the world became more blurry. He started swaying and felt as if he was floating. BaekHyun, worried by what he saw, took his friend's arm and slowly got him outside to get some fresh air.

He let ChanYeol stand by himself when he finally cought eye contact with him, but as soon as he let go, ChanYeol fell to the ground. BaekHyun, stood in shock and quickly gave him his small hand; he felt so weak in that moment. Unable to help him, because he was thin and short. ChanYeol got up and, not saying anything, rushed in the other direction. He fell again just a few meters away, but stood up after a short while and realized he should be holding himself to the rail.

BaekHyun stood there, not knowing what to do when he saw him fall again. That wasn't normal, but he didn't run up to him. BaekHyun, move now! How dare you leave him alone like that?! His conscience made him feel horrible. He decided to follow his friend, untill he saw him walking into a building. ChanYeol nearly fell again while walking up the stairs. That's when BaekHyun couldn't take it and walked up to him, locking their arms together and helping ChanYeol out.

"BaekHy..."

"Just let me help you." He cut off ChanYeol and led him to the apartment he pointed at. He took the keys and opened the door. He saw rails all around the house. What is all this needed for? He sat ChanYeol down on his bed and got him a drink from the kitchen.

"Here, drink." ChanYeol gave him a shy smile and thanked his companion.

"ChanYeol, tell me, what is wrong? Why do you keep swaying all the time? Why do you keep falling?" He asked, his voice sounded full of concern.

"It's nothing to worry about."

"Just tell me. Please" He patted his back comforting him and searched into his eyes looking for an answer.

"It's just, I just. I have a balance disorder. Nothing to worry about, it's nothing serious."

ChanYeol lowered his stare in embarrassment, he didn't like having a 'disorder'. He hated that word. It seemed like nothing, but it wasn't easy.

"ChanYeol, it's not nothing, it can't be nothing if it's hurting you. You have bruises all over you arms." BaekHyun hidden his face in his hands and let out a slow, long breath.

He stood up.

"I'll make you something to eat, you have some food right?" ChanYeol gave him a weak smile and nodded, pointing to the kitchen. BaekHyun thought food would help. ChanYeol seemed to love eating from what he learned over the past two days.

While making rice, he heard a loud thunder and a noise in the other room. He walked over to check on his friend, only to see him laying on the bathroom floor. Unconscious.


 


 

"Where am I? BaekHyun? What are you doing here?" ChanYeol opened his eyes and let out a sigh, speaking very quietly. He was tired.

"You fainted in the bathroom. The doctor will be here in a second." BaekHyun gave a mere smile and greeted the doctor.

"Well, Mr. Park ChanYeol. Your heart rate and blood pressure is back to normal. Do you still feel dizzy?" The doctor announced, noting some things on his paper.

"No, I'm ok now."

Good, you should be careful next time, loud noises can make you more prone to increased hear rate and blood pressure, which, unfortunately could lead to fainting. Your head got better now, since the last time you were here, but still, please be careful. Balance disorder isn't something to ignore. Thank you, I will leave you two alone now." The door closed and the boys glanced at each other.

"You were here before?" BaekHyun's eyes went wide and worried.

"Yes, fourteen years ago. Shocking he still remembers me."

"What were you doing in hospital?" The petite guy, now growing angry without a reason, stood up and sat on the bed.

"When I was seven, I was.. Well, I was bullied at school and one of the bullies hit me with a brick on the head. I fell unconscious and since then I had the disorder." ChanYeol closed his eyes and patted himself on the head where he must have hit when he fell. He then sat up and drank some water.

BaekHyun sat next to him and, looking straight into his eyes, he said.

Next time, don't let go of my hand. Don't you ever, let go of my hand. Because next time, I'll be there to help you get up. From now on, you will not fall on the ground. You will fall for me." I already did, Byun BaekHyun.

BaekHyun let out a breath as if he just gave a speech in front of the world. A single, lonely tear escaped his eye. He was nervous, not quite sure about the reaction of the other boy.

But ChanYeol, simply, without a word, glanced at him and hugged him tight. He smiled to himself and just whispered.

"Thank You."