Chapter two

Memoirs of an Assasin

Leah


*got the dictaphone back, Jello-Face!*

We stopped in a small town in Arizona and went to a motel there. It was already fairly late and getting dark. While Zelo parked the van, we went to the “lobby” where Kris asked for a room for 8 people.


Honestly it’s a miracle that he can drive, never mind parallel park *Hey! At least I can drive, unlike somebody else around here!* *Shut up!*


When she heard that, Sam protested strongly, “No way, I am not sharing a room with you…guys!” She said the word “guys” like it was the worst insult she could think of.
Kris laughed, “Unless you want to beg on the streets until you have enough for your own room, you’re going to have to deal with it. We don’t have enough money for two rooms.”


Tao waggled his eyebrows, “I don’t think this is bad at all.”

Luhan agreed, “Yeah, it could be a lot worse, they could only have a room with four beds!”

Just then the guy behind the counter said, “Sorry, guys, since this isn’t a youth hostel, we only have the big family room which has a double bed and two single beds. Here” He held out the key.

Sam and I looked at each other and I knew we were thinking the same thing. She grabbed the key and I snatched Kris’ gun. Together we raced up the stairs to the room with Kris in hot pursuit. We yanked open the door and threw ourselves onto the beds.

Zelo

*got it back! ha-ha!*


I walked into the motel room to find Leah standing on the double bed pointing Kris’ gun at Tao, Sam standing on one of the single beds pointing her taser at Kris and Vera trying to push Luhan out of the last bed. Lin was sitting cross-legged in the middle of it all, trying hard not to smile.

“Guys? What the is going on?”

Lin looked at me, “As you can see, there are only three beds. The boys were a little late to claim them.”

Leah stood up, ”Sam, guard my bed.”

“I taser anyone who tries to steal your spot?”

“Knock yourself out”

“Awesome”

As soon as Leah closed the bathroom door behind her, Luhan and Tao leaped on the bed and  were  tasered immediately.
Leah came out wearing a large t-shirt that seemed familiar. Kris noticed it, too.

“Where did you get that? I think I know that shirt….”

“Kris” I pointed to his bare chest.

“Oh, that’s why. Wait a minute….. You stole my shirt! Why?”

She sighed, “I couldn’t keep away. I just wanted to see your muscles” *I do not talk like that!* *really? I thought I imitated you perfectly*

“Really?” Kris his abdomen.

“No! I just didn’t feel like getting my own pajamas.”

I cracked up, because Kris was glaring at me *not just you…* *fine!* and everyone else. *happy now?*
Leah threw herself on her bed after Sam had given her the task of tasseling anyone that tried to steal her bed, a task I’m sure she loved and - *Yup! Unfortunately nobody actually tried to take over her bed* *please don’t interrupt me, Leah*- and stalked into the bathroom to change.

Sam

*give me that! You’re ing up the story!* *am not! Give it b-OW!*

I woke up because something heavy was tapping my head. Opening my eyes and looking up I saw a hand on my head. Weird. Since I had drooled a bit, I looked down to see what had been under my face and was possibly soaked.

My head was resting on an awesome six-pack.
Embarrassed by my drooling, I wiped the spit off the abs and smeared it on his boxers.

I only really understood the situation when I saw the pink locks of a peacefully sleeping Zelo. *you drooled on my precious six-pack?* *sorry! I have no control over my bodily fluids in my sleep!*

Taking a deep breath, I started screaming at the top of my lungs, “Zelo, what are you doing here? Get the out of my bed!”

He leaned on one elbow and rubbed his eyes, “I would, but you’ve got to let go first.”

I looked down again and noticed that my arms were slung around his waist.

“Oh”

I let go and he fell right back to sleep.

“Zelo,” I warned, “Three, two-“

He sat up and scrambled away.

Meanwhile, Leah had woken up to find herself between Tao and Luhan, both cuddling her like a stuffed animal. She started yelling, too and pushed Tao out of the bed.

Leah

I heard a grunt and looked over the side with a raised eyebrow. Kris was lying there in boxers under Tao in boxers.

“Man! Are you gay, or something?” Kris asked.

“Yeah,” Tao stood up knuckling his back, “Didn’t you know? Ow.”

Next to me Luhan as curled up into a ball with a pillow as a shield, “Please don’t! Uh…Zelo tried to… me!”

Zelo rose from where he was sitting on the floor, “You wish”

Since Luhan was being totally adorable *really? Thank you, I was trying my best* *shut up, Lulu* and had a knife strapped to his ankle I decided not to kill him. Apparently people appreciate that, because when Luhan realized that his life was no longer endangered he put down the pillow, held out his arms and said in a baby-voice, “Shnuggule?”

We had to be at least a little friendly with these guys, a concept that was then practically impossible for us to grasp, so I accepted the hug. He smelld like cinnamon.

Tao wanted a “shnuggule”, too, so he ran over to Sam and grinned an oversized grin, “Me too?” *come on, admit it, I looked cute* *nope, you looked really stupid*

She raised an eyebrow, but sighed, “Oh what the heck!” and accepted the hug. After 3 seconds she pushed him away and said, “Okay, now you really need to put something on. Please. All of you?”

Tao scowled and picked up his pile of clothes, grumbling, “Fine! But you’re not much better yourself”

Sam looked down at her spaghetti strap shirt and pajama shorts, “Yes, I am. I’m covering all the important parts!”

“So are we!” all the boys shouted at once.

Glaring, Sam lay back down with her arms crossed and mutinously stared straight at the ceiling. Suddenly her eyes went really wide and she started kicking and flailing so hard, that she was actually bouncing on the bed.

As soon as I saw the tiny black dot on the ceiling above Sam’s head, I knew what was happening and I started laughing my off.

The guys were all looking around franticly, saying things like: “Oh my god!”, “Is she having a seizure?”, “Does she need medications?”, and “Is it contagious?”

Sam started kicking so hard, she fell out of the bed. I had seen many of these episodes and I knew what happened next. It was not good.

“Uh-oh,” I muttered.

She stood up and ran over to the window, muttering, “I need to get out of here!” over and over again.

Lin got up and said in a professor-like voice as Sam was fumbling with the window, trying to open it, “I do not believe it is wise to jump out of this window. We are on the 2nd floor and, logically, if you were to jump or, as the cue may be, fall out, the chances of you getting gravely injured are very high.”

I wasn’t laughing anymore -I’m not that immature, she’s my best friend! Do you think I want her jumping out of a window? Unless it was proving me right….     

*wow. That was almost touching. Almost*

“Lin!” I yelled,”Logically, there’s also a fairly large chance of her dying, since were on the 4th floor, hmm?”
 

We’re Austrian. That is, Lin and i are Austrian. Sam is American but moved to Austria when she was six. Vera is Russian, but grew up in Austria. Any way, the floor count is different.

“She’s hardly going to listen to your precious logic, she’s crazy with-“ I hesitated before revealing my friends most treasured secret, that, for some reason, everyone knows. It’s even in her files! “fear! There’s a ing spider up there! Zelo, Tao, get over there before she does anything stupid!”

They rushed over to Sam, picked her up by her arms and carried her away from the window, with her making the closest noise to screaming I’ve ever heard her make. I’m not sure if there’s word for it.

By then Kris had seen the spider, too, and understood what was wrong. Calmly, he took his gun out of his boxers, took aim, and shot. Slowly, Sam started to calm down again.

“Thank God, that’s over,” Vera sighs in relief, “Last time I had to shoot her with a lion-tranquilizer to calm her down.”
Luhan raised his eyebrows, “All that because of a tiny-“

“Don’t say it!” Lin interrupted, “She’s afraid of the word, too”

That gave me an idea. Don’t hate me for this, I know it was mean, but that’s just the way I am!

Casually, I strolled up to Sam, who was still dangling a foot in the air, because Zelo and Tao were holding her. At a nod from me they put her down and I hugged her. *god, you make us sound so obedient* *you’re welcome*

“It’s alright, it’s gone!”

I got really close to her ear and whispered, “SPIDER”

The scream I got in return was so loud, I stumbled back, slightly dazed. Kris looked at me disapprovingly while I cradled my right ear.

“You should have done that differently”

“I know!” I wailed, “I should have done that from the far corner and now I have paid for my mistake!”

“We all have,” Tao remarked drily.

This time Sam couldn’t be calmed and Vera groaned. While Tao held Sam down, Vera gave her a shot to make her sleep. I noticed that Luhan was staring at her wild animal-like eyes closing with a scared look on his face.

“Don’t worry, that shot only lasts about 20 minutes, tops.”

He hardly looked up, “Mmhmm”