Chapter 3

Shame on Me

 

 

A month after

 

"Ms. Park" Mrs. Gong, the dean of the school greeted. "Please sit down."

I sat down the luxurious black leather chair across her brown mahogany desk. "Yes, Mrs Gong. You called me for?"

Mrs. Gong took off her eyeglasses and placed it in the desk, looking at me with a big smile on her face. I swear, it is creepy."How would you like to be a part of the expansion and the widening of our school's standards and education"

"I would love that"

"Well there is this program that the school set" She continued her long speech. "You need to transfer to another school for about 2 months"

I looked at her in an uncertain manner. I was going to leave everything for two months. My family, friends, and most especially Minho. "Does my parents know about it?"

Mrs. Gong nodded her head like it would disconnect. "They agreed willingly. We've planned it already" They really do keep things from me.

"Where will I be tranferring?" Maybe Incheon or somewhere populated?

"London. You will also be going with a student from our sister school, Shinhwa High"

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY? LONDON?

Oh baby baby, don't you know you got what I need. Lookin' so good from your head to your feet. My One Direction vibes just went out. We're gonna stay up all night and jump around until we see the sun.

 

-----------------------------

 

At the cafeteria

 

I can see the popular crowd on the place that they have claimed a long long time ago. They love that spot. If anyone tries to take over that spot, they will torment their school year. They don't make an exemption for new students.

"Minho!" I called him loudly, while smiling widely, my lips would tear.

He looked at me with a glum expression. Something is wrong. "We should talk"

"Yeah. I have to tell you something" I replied him with the opposite tone of his voice. I am excited to go to London, but there are things that is pulling me back.

We went to the hallways. It was secluded because most of the students were in the cafeteria.

"I am offered to join into a--" I was cut off by his statement.

"We should break up" He said with a face so straight, I want to punch it.

I tilted my head to the side, trying to force myself into believing that he said it wrong. "What?"

He scratched his head. That is what he does when he is nervous. "We. Should. Break. Up" he said it loud and clear.

"Why" My voice is faltering. I'm trying my best to stop the tears from gushing out. When he said those words, I felt like Thor's sledgehammer just went straight out of my face.

"It was just a bet"

All of those dates, hugs and smiles were fake? For what? He was already rich. Luxury cars, mansions, butlers and maids, Emperio Armani suits. I get it. I know what he wants. POPULARITY.

My eyebrows twitched. I looked around the hallway to see his group of friends nearing us. I looked at them menacingly, wanting them to melt at my stare.

"Well who do we have here" I said with ice etched in my tone. I am becoming who I don't want to be. "Alpha" I snorted out their name. They don't deserve to be praised at. "My so called friends" I looked at Luna, Jonghyun, Shindong, Jinki and Kibum.

"It hurts, Yeonhee?"Krystal said it with a smirk painted on her face.

I nodded my head. I should be honest about it. My tears were already cascading down like Niagra Falls. "Yeah it does" I wiped my tears and smiled at them. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone your kissing escapade" I walked out from the hallway.

I stopped. I turned to look at Minho, who was looking at me. I raised my middle finger at him. I hope he gets the message.