[oh maknaes] flowers of happiness

Rains and Sunshines

"I open the book of reminiscence and open your page, I'm in there, together with you"

pairing: seyoung (2oh); hayoung || sehun


Hayoung rode her bicycle in deceleration and came to a halt when she finally reached the front of her home. Holding her bicycle to prevent it from falling, she turned down the kickstand with her foot and secured her bike in place.

 

"Oppa, I'm home!" Hayoung called out as she twisted the doorknob and pushed open the door that led to the living room of her house. There was no respond. She put on a puzzled expression on her face and questioned herself what was her cousin up to since it was quite unusual for her to not receive or hear a reply from him everytime she returned home from somewhere.

 

She stepped into her house and the first thing that came to her sight was a figure laying down rather cozily on the couch in the living room. It was her cousin, apparently he was dozing off. His face looked so peaceful, and his hair was fluttering in the wind that was blowing toward his face, given out by the fan standing opposite him.

 

Hayoung shook her head. "Sleeping again." she whispered to herself, sighing, but still smiled. "He must had been cycling the whole morning." 

 

Sehun didn't know how to ride a bike when he first met Hayoung, though Hayoung, who already had the skill when she was just 4, was so enthusiastic to give him lessons so she voluntarily took her time to teach him.

 

"Oppa, let's go out and ride the bike!" Hayoung invited. "You can ride while I'll just sit on the pillion!" 

 

"B-but I-- I don't know how to ride a bicycle." 

 

"You don't? It's easy!"

 

"I'm just afraid of ......... falling."

 

"Don't be! It doesn't hurtI I'll stay on your side, okay?" she suggested. "If you lose your balance I can quickly catch your bike so that it won't fall hard!"

 

"Um, okay then. I'll give it a try."

 

"You need to master it! So that I'd know how it feels like and finally have a reason to sit and ride on the pillion!" She giggled. 

 

Hayoung hugged herself and rubbed her arms as she felt the cool breeze penetrating her skin. Seeing her cousin being exposed to the low temperature, and being the concerned cousin she had always been, she doffed her thick, knitted scarf that was wrapping her neck, and immediately placed it on his body, tugging him cozily, in hopes that that would provide warmness to him. 

 

"There, that should do it!" Hayoung blurted out, before making her way to the top level of her house.

 

==

 

"Oppa, let's go out!"

 

"But where do you want to go?"

 

"I don't know. Let's just stroll around."

 

Hayoung walked while deeply inhaling the fresh air, with Sehun beside her. Suddenly she stopped when her eyes landed on something colourful. "Oppa! Hold on a sec!" She instructed, heading to what caught her attention.

 

Sehun just blinked cluelessly as he stared at Hayoung plucking out some flowers from the public garden situated approximately 6 steps on his right. 

 

"Here! As usual, flowers for you!"

 

He chuckled, "Thanks, Hayoung-ah."

 

And that very moment seemed like a dejavu to him.

 

Everytime Sehun went to the park or playground with Hayoung, he would just observe his cousin mingling and playing with the other kids from afar. He was once a bright kid, so bright to the point that he didn't know when to stop presenting a gleeful smile to random folks. Unfortunately all of that seemed to be thrown away in a flash after he found out that death had already picked up his parents. Hayoung was aware of this, and since she hated seeing someone with a frown on his face most of the time, making people happy had been something like a daily job to her.

 

Since little, Hayoung had this habit of presenting Sehun a bouquet of flowers, usually the ones she randomly picked from the park whenever he took her out to play. Sehun couldn't completely fathom why she loved to do that, especially when it had come to Hayoung's awareness that he didn't have any special interest in flowers.

 

"Oppa! Here!" Hayoung merrily said, as she handed out a bouquet of colourful flowers to him.

 

Sehun asked as he hesitantly took it, "But what's this for?"

 

"Aren't they pretty? Flowers make me happy just by looking at it." she exclaimed. "I hope it could make you happy too!"

 

Sehun couldn't help but to just warmly smile at his cousin's thoughtfulness. That was the first day, and probably the first time in his life he received such a gift. And his love for flowers grew as the same occurrence kept on happening time by time. 

 

Sometimes he felt so blissful to be given someone who's constantly looking after him, making sure he's in a good condition, encouraging him, turning his frown upside down, and basically giving him company whenever loneliness decided to haunt him. Sehun was an only child, and after his parents left him, the thought of him feeling alone for eternity had been sticking on his mind for quite a while, but he was proven wrong when he started living with his grandparents as well as his cousin, Hayoung, whom had been under their grandparents' care since not long after she was born.

 

Whom he had considered her as his own sister.

 

"I guess this is what having a sibling feels like", he thought. 

 

"Sehun-ah!"

 

Sehun broke free from his reminiscence as he switched his gaze from the bouquet of flowers in his grip, to where the voice came from.

 

"Oh, Naeun. You're here."

 

"Did I make you wait?" Naeun asked, a slight guiltiness in her tone. "Let's go, we don't want to make Hayoung wait, do you?"

 

"Ah it's all right. Let's go."

 

Sehun just tailed Naeun as he silently broke down into tears.

 

"I'm sorry for not being able to be a good brother."

 

"I'm sorry for letting you hold the caretaker role, when I'm the one who was supposed to be responsible for it."

 

"I'm sorry for not making the effort to give a gift to you, not even on your birthday."

 

"I'm sorry, Hayoung-ah."

 

"But thank you for introducing me to new things. Thank you for teaching me to love and appreciate the things around me. Thank you for bringing happiness to my life."

 

"This time, it's my turn to give flowers to you."