[baekchenmi] voices, dumbfounded

Rains and Sunshines

pairing(s): chenmi; jongdae || bomi // baekmi; baekhyun || bomi


She had been hearing it for quite a few times since the last few days. It's been bugging her, and she still couldn't find the time to ask him.

 

Not yesterday, not the day before, but finally, yes, today.

 

Bomi clicked on her heels, sauntering calmly along the narrow path bounded by series of classrooms on both sides. She was aiming for one of the vocal practice rooms as her destination, though her eyes were glued on the music sheets in her clasp, totally unconscious of what was ahead of her. 

 

It was Thursday - that day of the week where she'd undergo personal vocal training, receiving new lessons regarding various proper techniques to achive good voice control. One thing she fancied about that day was the fact that there weren't much trainees passing by. Not really hating on the juniors, though. She just hated crowded places and having to jostle a bit in between the swarm of people. Bomi just simply desired the comfortable atmosphere.

 

As she was humming according to the melody on the music sheets, her forehead received an abrupt tender poke by what she felt like fingers - the index and the middle one, to be specific. "Ack!" Staggered, she jerked back a little and her pace accepted a halt. Her complete absorption in the music sheets were repelled from her, so finally she looked up from the papers in an attempt to know who was the one behind the poking, while rubbing her forehead as if it was in that much pain.

 

A male donning brown wavy locks fell into her sight. Although he was considered short for a male of his age, Bomi still had to eye up to look at his face. "Stop poking my forehead!"

 

"Stop averting your attention from the front when you're walking. What if you were crossing the road?" He fired back, scolding her for her reckless action she committed. He wasn't mad, actually, and he was way too nice to use a serious tone.

 

Bomi realised her mistake, pressing her palms against each other in front of her to gesture an apology. "Okay, I'm sorry!" And Jongdae had a reason to ruffle her hair, tittering at her. "New song?" He guessed suddenly, jumping to a new topic.

 

"This?" She lifted her sheets in her grasp to the side of her face. "Yep! It's quite catchy."

 

"Well that explained your engrossness." Jongdae figured out, and just received a wide grin from the female, showcasing the upper part of her teeth.

 

One thing for sure was that they didn't realise they stopped and were standing in front of one of the practice rooms.

 

"Oh?" A voice travelling gradually from her side caught her attention. Since it sounded soft and blurred Bomi attracted her ears towards the door to get a clearer sound. That was enough to get a puzzled gaze from Jongdae. "What are you--"

 

"Shh!" Cutting in, she grabbed Jongdae's arm and pulled him towards the door. Now his side of his face and ear were also glued to that painted wood separating the room and the path. "Listen!"

 

They dragged themselves into eavesdropping. Undeniably, it was a rap that they were listening to, and the voice they sensed sounded very familiar.

 

There it was, that voice again. The one that had been making her question herself whether the thought haunting her was true or otherwise. "Doesn't that sound like," Bomi paused for a bit, squinting her eyes and listened again attentively to confirm it is really who she thought it is. Jongdae was also quick to recognise and perceive that voice. Well, if he wasn't mistaken.

 

And the duo ended up widely eyeballing each other in disbelief, gawping not so exaggeratingly. "Baekhyun?!"

 

###

 

They part themselves away from the door as soon as the rap stopped, proceed to descend below their head and sit on the bench provided in front of the room. Not long later the door got pulled open over the room's tiled floor and a figure exited the small chamber. "Thanks, senior!"

 

They were right, it was indeed Baekhyun.

 

"Don't mention it. Have a nice day!" The older one bidded. Jongdae managed to throw secret glance towards the trainer's face. 

 

The trainer got back in into the room and slowly shut the door in front of him. Baekhyun stayed in his spot and didn't move away yet. It still wasn't in his awareness that two pairs of eyes were directed towards him, as he were scanning the content printed on the papers he was holding.

 

Until Bomi snapped him out of his oblivious self. "Yah! Baekhyun!"

 

"Oh?" He turned his attention up. "Yo! What's up?" 

 

"Were you," diffused with hesitance, she connected her broken words. "Were you secretly, receiving rapping lessons?!"

 

Baekhyun blinked, and took a moment to process what he just heard. Then his face broke and jolted into an astounded look. Thankfully he wasn't eating or drinking anything, or else he would choke and spill everything if he was. "What?!??!"

 

"I heard your voice! Rapping! And seconds later you were singing." Bomi insisted as excitement took her over, much to the puzzlement of Baekhyun. 

 

"You were eavesdropping." Skidding a bit from the topic, he blurted out his observation much in a nonchalant manner, which made Bomi realised she was caught red-handed. "Jongdae too okay! But scratch that! You were rapping right?"

 

"I don't even have that much time to properly improve my singing alone and now you're asking if I'm stealing a bit of my time to learn rapping?" His words flow so smooth out from his mouth and he wasn't stuttering even a bit.

 

"You're making things up!" Bomi still couldn't digest Baekhyun's real story. "I'm pretty sure that's you!" 

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but to just facepalm. "God." He reached for his iPod in his pocket and fished it out, immediately hovering the screen and tapping on the relevant buttons until he reached his playlist. Scrolling down with his thumb, he clicked on their seniors' song that he was speaking about earlier, forwarding it to the minute when the rap is performed. He lifted his device after letting his peers listen to it and had confirmed it was the one that they're referring to. "This?"

 

"Yes!" Bomi gave a confirmation. "But bummer, it's really not you." Bomi frowned and pouted a little. "He sounded exactly-- okay maybe not." Her sentence was incomplete as she tried rewording her message. "Almost exactly like you."

 

Jongdae wasn't as anxious as Bomi, but he also thought the same. "Agree." He in shortly.

 

"Senior Hoya? Please. I only know how to sing while he, on the contrary, posess the ability to perform both. I don't sound anything like him because he's too good. Now stop crapping, I'm off." Baekhyun hurled to his right and began pacing, now his back was facing the two. They could see he raised his hand to gesture a man's goodbye, without even looking at the the duo. Slowly he distant away from them. 

 

"Wait--" Dumbfounded, Bomi was about to tail Baekhyun but was stopped by Jongdae, who was quick to react by getting a grasp of her backpack. "Young lady, don't you have a training session to attend?"

 

"Dang it."

 


prompt: "hoya and baekhyun's voices sound (almost) similar"

Well, almost. Here's.... a thing. apologies for the 5 months(?) break. *listens to hoya's rap/singing while visualising baekhyun*