Nightmare

Nightmare Before Christmas

Christmas Eve.

 

Cho Hee went out doing a little Christmas shopping for her boyfriend, they had been together for about 5 years. She came across a jewelry store and looked inside the window.

 

Cho Hee saw Luhan smiling and laughing with another girl. Her heart sank, she felt like she been stab by a million knives.

 

He notice her and his eyes widen. He drop everything and was about to come to her but she immediately ran away. He chased after her.

 

She started crying. This can’t be happening! It can’t, not before Christmas. How can he? Cho Hee was panicking in her head that she didn’t know the light changed. He almost caught up to her.

 

EBh2tE-WpQxflHCcHFUkomONdrLK3x9zWKxHZjkV

 

She couldn’t bear to see his face. As she ran across the street, she saw a car coming toward her, honking, to get out of the way.

 

 

k2nJ24xIIWSuNC32eQAfxqHKAtMf7THac209hreC

 

She froze like a deer. She shut her eyes tight and felt someone pushed her to the side. Cho Hee groan as she hit the concrete sidewalk.

 

She slowly open her eyes. Am I still alive? It started snowing.

 

. 99fW-nMFccBH2GzYb5VKUjoRGJi6EOjHJehMTz0G

 

Cho Hee slowly got up trying to analyzing everything. She looked forward and saw Luhan covered in blood. She immediately went over to him, he was in her arm.

 

She cried, “Luhan! Wake up. (She lightly tap his cheek) Please… wake up...”


 

He immediately went to the hospital and was in the emergency room. Cho Hee were outside crying for who know how long.

 

After few hours the doctor came out. She got up from her seat walk towards the doctor. He took off the face mask. Her voice began to shake when she spoke., “How... is he?”

 

The doctor took a deep breath, “I’m sorry but he didn’t make it.” She collapse to the floor and cried again.


 

Christmas Day

 

Cho Hee and his family had a little funeral. The girl that Cho Hee saw yesterday came to the funeral. She was too sad to be angry at her.

 

The girl came up to her and asked, “Are you Cho Hee?” She nodded in silent. “Luhan wanted to give you this for Christmas.”

 

-56ocIh7ed_1FKfqHHnngGTyNJZf_WT-Xh5JREl9

 

“I hope there no misunderstanding. He asked for help and he wanted to give you the perfect gift. And I’m so sorry.” She gave her a hug and left. She cried.
 

She was at home. Cho Hee got out the little box from her bag that the girl gave her earlier. She open it and saw it was an engagement ring.

 

HDbaQHKh72-UV7erwmR5ElrvSmQxCdBv4DjluJAk

 

She didn’t realize tears started falling down from her face. Cho Hee felt guilty for not giving him a chance to explain.

 

She was alone by the fireplace hugging her knee, thinking many possible ways what could have happen instead of what did happen yesterday.

 

It was getting late and decided to go to bed. Before she went to bed she prayed. “All I want is Luhan to come back…”

 

During her sleep, she felt wind coming in her room. Cho Hee woke up and realized she weren’t in her room but in the middle of the forrest. Where am I? Am I dreaming?

 

5kWofZ-cvs_eq1UW2UrchMFKChgEzZ-7jKS72qTs

 

She blinked few time, not believing any of this. She got out of bed and let her feet touch the soft snow. This feel so real.

 

Cho Hee suddenly felt something or someone wrapping warmth around her, like someone is hugging her.

 

“Cho Hee.” A person spoke. She cried knowing that voice. The person turn Cho Hee around. “Smile, it looks good on you.”

 

She was still crying, “How can I smile when you’re not here anymore?”

 

“I am, in here.” He points at her heart.

 

She buried her face in his chest, ”I’m so sorry Luhan. I’m so sorry.”

 

He her hair. “Shhh, it’s okay. I’m always here for you.”

 

Cho Hee sniff and hiccup, “No you’re not. Not anymore…”

 

He smiled, “What are you talking about? You can see me. I can see you. I am here.” She cried harder.

 

“I didn’t want to lose you.”

 

Luhan broke off the hug and place his hands on both of her shoulder. He stared at Cho Hee, eye to eye and smiled.

 

 

pLx-7gwEXPxssiioubaMCGR0xIbOmS4UhLzvSVlw

 

“Wake up.” He said.

 

“But if I wake up I won’t see you anymore.”

 

“Wake up.” He repeated.

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“You need to.”

 

“No. I won’t.” Cho Hee protest. She closed her eyes shaking her head no. He became quiet and her shoulder felt lighter. She open her eyes and she was back in her room. Cho Hee stared at the ceiling feeling lifeless.

 

She heard the door open but didn’t bother to turn her head to see who it was.

 

“Are you awake yet?” The voice sounds familiar.

 

Cho Hee immediately jumped out of the bed and hugged the person. “LUHAN!” She cried.

 

“What’s with the sudden hug?” He asked.

 

“Please don’t leave me.”

 

“Are you okay? And why are you asking? I would never leave you.” She let go of him and stared at him with teary eyes.

 

“Promise me!”

 

He reached for something in the back of his pants pocket. He kneeled and open the little box, showing a ring. “Will you marry me, then?”

 

 

9tI9LQwNrHG-iHWu63fQW3jO5zWH6UsOECZuAMYq

 

She nodded as he place the ring on her finger. She hugged him again. “Merry Christmas.” She whispered.