Chapter 2: Rumors

I am Cha Hackyeon's Married Girlfriend

Chapter 2: Rumors

[N’s POV]

“She got pregnant?!” I heard one lady squealed in surprise as I pass through a crowd in the corridor. “Is that true?” another one in the conversation. “They said Sangmi got pregnant then aborted the child after knowing about it,” my ears rang after hearing Sangmi’s name. “Yah! Don’t give names! It might spread,” somebody warned them.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking to our classroom. My eyes wandered and got satisfied when it landed on the girl sitting in front of my seat staring at the window pane. “Good morning,” I greeted her as I walked to my chair. She gave no response and it made my heart feel down.

The class started boringly and just made sense when a piece of paper landed on my desk. I flipped it open and my eyes widened when I saw what is written on it.

“1000 won per bet! Sangmi’s pregnant or not?”

“Pregnant: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-“
“Not: 1-1-“

I glanced around the room and Rui, a transfer student, winked at me. It’s as if she’s telling me that she was the one who started it. I passed the paper to Sangmi and waited for everyone else’s reaction. Sangmi unfolded the paper but I can’t see how she reacted.

My mind was boggled when Sangmi grabbed her pen and wrote on the paper then silently passed it to the student beside her. I chuckled secretly.

[END OF POV]
[Sangmi’s POV]

“Rumors were spreading fast and furious. Everyone else is thinking that I got pregnant. That I am not a good mother.”

I sighed as I write on my diary. If only I could really have a child right now and quit school which is actually a very rude idea for my parents. They would want me to finish my studies and start a new clothing line to start the trend. I wonder how I could get that new clothing line when everyone else is bashing and hating.  

The bell rang and I immediately fixed my things. I glanced around the room and realized that everyone in the room is not moving and just staring at me.

“Uh… Wae?” I asked them. They are still speechless and won’t dare to breathe.

“If you think I’m angry with what you’re doing. Please, don’t think that way. I, myself, want to get pregnant now and leave this school actually,” I told them then grabbed my bag to leave.

I was stopped when someone held my wrist. I looked at the person and it was Hackyeon. I stared at him with a questioning look.

“I’ll go with you,” he said then smiled at me. I nodded confusingly and went out of the room with him. I could feel the girls’ eyes burying on my skin. Why would they stare at me like this? It’s annoying.