Awkwardness

Dance On (HIATUS)

We started learning a hip-hop combo. The tempo was fast and the moves quick.I looked at the mirror and didn´t recognize the clumsy and akward person my refelction showed.Everything seemed so loose and relaxed and my body insisted on making the moves precise and gracefull making me look horrible.

Everyone around me was doing fine. And by fine I mean amazingly good. They all seemed to be incorpoaring theyr dance styles in the routine. Hyorin had a way of moving her body that made everything extremely y but without looking trashy. Lay was entirely focused on the footwork and his upper body just moved to the beat making the dance look effortless. Jokwon and Key were also great even tough they were a bit to comercial and girly for my style. Same with Jia and Vic they were awesome but they made every mover overly y and provocative. 

Even though I hate to admit it Hyoyeon was an amazing dancer her steps were sharp and it looked as if the music adapted to her moves and not the other way round.Her cocky attitude was also there making her looking confident and fierce.

Lastly we had Kai Taemin and Jay. These tree were all jaw-dropping, breathtaking amazing! I´m not exagerating they were tree of the most amazing breakers I had seen.

Jay had an neat footwork and flawless technique. He had a way of moving that was really provocative as if he was challenging us to face him. I now understand Lays words, the teachers didn´t bothered him because they couldn´t waist so much talent, even though it wasn´t etic  and he was a idiot I understanded them: I would have done the same.

And then there were Taemin and Kai. This duo was the best. Rather than being focused in learning they were just playing with each other and having fun but at the same time they were (I cant figure how)  able to catch up with the class. Seeing them dance made it look so easy I wanted to join them but I struggled with my clumsiness. They must have noticed me staring at them because they both looked at me and laughed showing me their perfect white teeth.

"Come here"Taemin said as they aproached me and he grabbing my hand"Do it like this" he said and showed me the first sequence of steps I had been struggling from the start. I gave it a try. They both erupted in laughter.I felt a little bit embarassed.

"For a ballerina you look more like a seal than a fairy" Kai joked. He must have looked at my face and realized how embarassed I was with myself because he quickly said " Seals are my favourite animals. And you would make an awesome seal... I better just shut up" he said blushing in embarassement. For some weird reason his sort of cumpliment made me smile.Taemin was laughing loudly. Kai was still embarassed and only said "Let me show you"he said grabbing my arms.

We were only inches apart and i felt the sense of his cologne.I felt a bit embarassed but if he felt the same he didnt let it show. Taemin started giving us the directions and Kai led me to the moves."Stronge.Sharper.Loser. listen to the beat" they kept saying and repeating. Without realizing I had finally memorized the routine and I dint look that bad. "I´m actually a pretty handsome seal" I thought smilling. "Nice progress Myungsoo" said Eunhyuk. I felt really proud and mumbled a thank you to Kai and Taemin. They both winked.

"Tsk" I heard Hyeyeon"Dont start cheering. This was basic and yet you were stiff as a fork. And dont make taemin and kai those eyes. Its not like they will fall for something like you"she said giving me a head to toe look. Her words were hurtfull.I mean she didnt even know me and she was still assuming things.I felt my confidence and pride drop.

"K kids. Lets go throw the choreo one last time." Eunhyuk shouted as the music started blasting throw the speakers.

I pulled myself together. "She doesn´t know you and you don´t have to prove her nothing. Just give your best" I thought lifting my chin after all I got to here I was with hard work she was going to see how I really was.

I looked at the mirror as we all danced in unison. At first sight we all looked like only one person. We got the timing really well. But if you observed each one we were all different. I focused on myself: I had loosened myself. I was just enjoying the moment and moving to the beat. I emptied my mind and let the pleasure I felt when dancing guide my steps I was really into it. Every move seemed right and my smile made the dance thousand times better.I felt proud of myself the akwardness was gone now it was time to show them who they were dealing with and prove them I deserved the schoolarship.

"Not bad bunhead!" Jay congrated with a smirk. I looked around everyone was looking at me astonished.Taemin was the first to break the silence by clapping. Soon Hyorin did the same and then the entire class erupted in cheerings.