First meeting with a mysterious guy

I think you've enrolled me in the wrong college

 

After that day, Kikwang and Sujeong kept in contact with one another and their friendship grew stronger. They spent almost every day together. They studied together, played together, ate together. Until one day, Kikwang decided to ask Sujeong to be his girlfriend and she accepted without hesitation. But things started to change since... Kikwang became very cold towards Sujeong after they became official. Sujeong would text him many times a day and only received a reply at night saying that he was tired and apologised for not replying her earlier. They rarely met up after that too. Sujeong began to feel that the relationship was one-sided and that Kikwang did not love her anymore. Kikwang’s behaviour really got onto her nerves. So, she decided to ask Kikwang out to talk by the beach.

Sujeong was sitting on a breakwater. She looked into the horizon, collecting her thoughts.

“Sujeong, sorry for being late. I had something on,” Kikwang tried to catch his breath while bending down with his hands on his knees, as he stood behind Sujeong.

“Are you that busy? Too busy to reply my messages or go out with me?” Sujeong asked him fiercely as she stood up and glared daggers at him.

“I... I had a rough time,” Kikwang tried to defend himself. His eyes told the truth.

“Whatever it is, I can’t stand you giving me the cold shoulder. We’re.... We’re over!” Sujeong stomped off coldly.

Kikwang held out his arm but retracted it back. His eyes was b with tears as he saw Sujeong walking down the breakwater without turning back.

You have no idea what I’ve been through, Sujeong...

I can’t believe you lied to me. You obviously had another girlfriend. I hate you!

Present

It was recess. Sujeong pushed her chair back. It made a screeching sound. She stood up from the chair and walked towards to door. She wanted to avoid Kikwang, that unfaithful jerk. Kikwang heard the noise and brisk walked towards Sujeong. She quicken her pace to shake Kikwang off. Kikwang grabbed hold of her arm.

“Sujeong, are you free now? Can we chat for a while?”

“Let go of me! We have nothing to talk about. I made everything clear to you 3 years ago,” Sujeong barked, pushing Kikwang’s hand away.

Kikwang tighten his grip. “Did you give me a chance to explain? You cut me off and walked away before I could. And you left me crying there...” His volume decreased as he spoke his last sentence.

“What is there to explain? Even an idiot would’ve guessed what was going on. Let me go before I scream!”

A hand pulled Sujeong towards him. “She’s mine. I saw her first,” a low and manly voice spoke.

Then, the mysterious guy pulled Sujeong away from Kikwang. Kikwang loosened his grip as he saw Sujeong walking away from him, again.

The guy pulled Sujeong until they reached the school’s garden. He let go of her arm and turned to face her.

“Mianhae... I saw that you needed help getting away from Kikwang so I stepped in. I hope you don’t mind. I’m Junhyung. Nice to meet you.” He said warmly and bowed. He held out his hand for a handshake. Sujeong was surprised when she saw his face. “He’s so handsome...” she thought. She gladly shook his hand and introduced herself followed by a bow. That was their first meetng.