Subin

Shadow Academy: The Secret of Birth

P-Goon walked over to Haneul and JinAh and asked, "Where is Subin?" Jin Ah covered in shock and said, 
"I'm so sorry! I forgot to inform you that Subin sneaked out  from the camp area." P-Goon sighed and says, "I knew it." A-Tom interruped as he held up his phone at the face of P-Goon's face. 

"She say she is coming back at noon. Do you want me to fetch her?" A-Tom asked as he yawn. P-Goon nodded his head, "It is dangerous for her to be out at the mundane world when she is just a newbie and the fact that she is the only one with all those runes. She is what the demon want." 

A-Tom nodded his head and says, "I will get to her now. She is at home with her mom," he showed them the selfie that she sent to him. He chuckled and says, "She's so silly." 

"Subin why are you sending our selfie to a guy? Is he your boyfriend?" Her mom grinned. Subin shook her head, "No, he is my best friend. One of the friend that I'm close with in that school." 

Her mom smirked and asked, "So who was the other friend?" Subin sighed and explained, "The other friend, Xero, I'm not close to him. I'm his friend, I mean, I'm not his friend but he is my friend. This is getting complicated. I mean, I wanted to get close to him and become friend with him but he kept everything to himself and pretend to be hash when he is a gentle person." 

"You like him?" 

Subin shook her head, "N-No. I just want to be friend with him. He is too stubborn." Her mom laughter rang across the room, "Isn't he similiar to you?" 

Subin looks at her mom in confusion, "In which way?" 

"You're stubborn. You kept your deepest feeling to yourself and you are actually a gentle person but always judged as someone that is hash and cold." Her mom exclaimed. Subin's lips parted in shock as she only noticed how similiar she is to Xero. She will never thought that she was alike to him - the evil him. At least that's what she called him as.

"The only way you can become friend with him is to be yourself. Don't be someone who you are not just for him." 

 

Xero dragged his feet as he walked over to his friend at the dinning area. He sat down and placed his head on the table to take a nap. "Why are you so tired? Are you out training in the middle of the night?" Yano asked as he took another bite of the pancake. Xero shook his head and lifted his head up, "I was up all night worrying." 

Hansol chuckled and exclaimed, "This is the first time I heard Xero saying he was worry in so many year. What happen, dude?"

Xero coughed as he looked away, "Umm, worry about today mission." 

Seogoong laughed and shook his head, "Don't lie. Legendary Xero will never be worry about small mission like this. So what's up with you?"

HoJoon raised his eyebrow, grinned as he sat closer to Xero, "Is it about your roommate, Subin?" Xero looked at him with his lips parted in shock, "How do you know?" 

B-Joo whinned and shouted, "What happened with you and Subin?!" Xero rolled his eyes and said, "She sneaked out of the camp area last night." 

Hansol spitted out his orange juice and shouted, "What?! She is a newbie and she dare to do this. I don't even dare to do it." Seogoong nodded his head, "Expect from you, no one in this school dare to do this. Does P-Goon know about this?" 

Xero shrugged his shoulder, "I don't know. If he found out she is gone, he will definitely rant his anger at me for not taking care of my roommate." 

"Did you ask A-Tom about where she could be right now?" Jenissi asked.Seogoong turned his head to him and asked, "Why will A-Tom know?" 

"Isn't A-Tom closest to her among us? She don't talk to anyone expect her friends and A-Tom." He explained. And that's when Xero realized that Subin doesn't have much friend unlike him. She's alone, she's always keeping to herself when he know that she is a great talker and listener to people, she could have make many friends if she open up. 

"Do you want to go with A-Tom?" P-Goon asked. Xero came back from his own dreamland and look at P-Goon who was standing in front of him. "Go and fetch her back if you are worry." 

A-Tom walked down the street of the mundane world with an ice-cream in his hand with Xero. "I can't believe you agree to come along!" Xero took a deep breathe and smile as the fresh air entered his lung that is craving for fresh air, "I can't believe that I agree to it too but it is worth it for mundane world." 

A-Tom stopped in his track and walked to a white gardenly house, he knocked the door and await for Subin to open the door. Xero stood behind A-Tom quietly as he observe the surrounding. Subin's voice was heard clearly from inside the house, she opened the door with a wide smile on her face, "A-Tom! You're here!" 

A-Tom laughed as he pulled her into a hug and mess up her hair, "Oh my god! You're so smart. How did you know?" Subin grinned and says, "Because I'm smart." 

Xero watched the whole scene at the entrance and he was surprise by how close A-Tom and Subin are. He didn't realize that they're such close friend till it happen in front of him. And he never realize that Subin could be so cheerful. Subin pulled away from A-Tom and noticed that Xero is here too. 

"Xero." Subin greeted him with a nod. Xero cleared his throat and greeted, "Hi." She invited them into the house and A-Tom went straight to the TV.

"Are you cooking something?" Xero asked as he follow the scent into the kitchen. She ran to the kitchen as she turn off the stove that has a pan that was burned. 

"I forgotten about it and went to get the door instead. Sorry." Subin says as she turned to Xero. "There isn't a need to says sorry. Just be careful in the future. Let me help you with that." He starts cleaning up the kitchen and over-burn pan. Without any idea of how to react, Subin managed to says thanks. 

Xero caught her wrist before she walked out of the kitchen. "Yes Xero?" 

"Are you alright?" He asked. Subin tinted her head and gave him a confusion look, "What do you mean?" 

"I mean, are you hurt anywhere? Did anything happen last night when you're in the mundane world?" 

Subin shook her head as she thought of what happen last night when she saved a woman from a demon. Xero let go of her wrist and said, "That's good."

Subin smiled as she remember what her mom says to her. Xero are indeed alike to her in so many ways, he care about others yet he pretend that he doesn't care a single bit about it.

"Xero," she gathered up all her courage, he turned around to her with a curiousity shown on his face. She hugged him tightly and said, "Thank you so much for caring." 

As the typical Xero that doesn't know how to react, he stood there silently. A-Tom yawned as he turned off the TV, "Subin! Where are you?" A-Tom stood up and walked toward the kitchen. 

"Oh my god," he says to himself as he saw Subin hugging Xero. He walked over to them and pull Subin away from Xero, and whisper to her, "Let go before he got angry. He doesn't like anyone hugging him." 

Subin went 'Oh' and apologize to Xero, "Sorry about that," Xero nodded his head. 

"Oh Subin it's time for us to go. Go and says goodbye to your mom," A-Tom pushed Subin out of the kitchen. Subin pouted and says, "Let's not go back to camp soon." 

"Go up and I will consider your suggestion ok?" A-Tom put his hand on Subin's head and rock her back and front. She slapped his hand off and said, "I'm not a kid of yours." Subin ran away and stuck her tounge out to A-Tom and made a funny face before she ran up the stair. 

He laughed  and entered the kitchen to see Xero pressing one hand on his face as he lean against the sink, "Jiho, are okay?" Xero sighed and stare at the ceiling, he closed his eye and said, "I think I'm going insane." 

Silent embrace the kitchen before A-Tom asked, "Are you falling for Subin?" Xero looks at A-tom and noticed that his expression had harden. Xero shook his head and says, "I just felt that she is so alike to Hwayeon." 

"Just don't hurt her if you don't intend to befriend her," A-Tom said. He put his hand into his pocket as he stood straight up, "Because she is the first friends I made aside from all of you." 

Before any of them could says anything, a cough was heard from the entrance of the kitchen. They turned their attention to a middle-age women that seem weak. They straighten themselves as they greeted her. 

"You must be Subin's mom right, imo?" A-Tom asked. He went over to her and helped her to have a seat at the dinning table. She smile and held his hand, "Yes. You must be A-Tom right?" 

 

 

Subin was humming along to her favourite song "One Last Cry" while packing some of her belonging that she left behind. She took out one old stele from the side of her bed, she held it close to her heart, "Now, I know what you are." She had the stele with her when she was found at the street with her washed-out memories. 

She smiled at it and kept it in the inner pocket of her leather jacket. She took one full view at herself and was amused by how much she had grown when she received her first grown up runes when she entered the academy. All shadown hunters are only allow to have their first runes when they was 12 years old, and she is only getting it on 18 years old.

She was taller now, hip are wider now and eyes seem deeper now. She is a well grown young adult now, her usual casual knit sweater are now replace by tight black dress, glossy long sleeves leather jacket to cover all the runes she tattooed on herself. Her sneaker are now replaced by leather boots. 

The door snapped open while she was admiring herself in the mirror, she jumped a little with her hand on her chest. A-Tom chuckled as he apologized for scaring her. She chuckled, "Don't do that again," she turned to the full length mirror and pull her hair up into a ponytail. A-Tom whinned as he ran to her side, "Why? Am I interrupting you for admiring yourself?" 

Her cheek are tinted in rosy red as she deny it. He grinned and pull her hairtie away from her hair, and her hair fell nicely onto her shoulder, "What are you doing!" He tossed the hairtie around and claimed that she look better with her hair down. She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, leaving behind a whinning A-Tom, "Don't ignore me!"