The Fangirl

Happenstance

“O nan! Geu nuga nuga mworaedo naneun sanggwan eopdago. Geu nuga nuga yokhaedo neoman barabondago!” The lady inside the shower sings her heart out to her favorite song playing on the portable speakers. She did not mind the suds she had all over her body and the messy lather on her hair, she sang on the top of her lungs like those artists who stage up concerts in Madison Square Garden. If that’s the case, every morning is a concert at her own Madison Square Garden, that is, the shower.

“Hey, grandma, can you speed up a bit? Geez I’m going to be late for Philosphy!” someone pounded on her room door angrily attempting to cut the lady’s early daydream. She just got out of the shower busily humming to the last few stanzas of the song but she ignores the hysterical call to speed up and continued bouncing her feet to the music.

This girl is Tiffany Hwang. 22. Born to Korean parents and grew up in the States, which explains her bubbly character apart from the most Korean teens at her age who are usually timid and shy. She’s a senior at Yonsei University, taking up Literature. She’s an inside geek actually, you’ll get to know more as you read further, but she’s pretty unpredictable like the weather too.

“What the hell is taking you so long Tiffany Hwang!” once again, her room door was thumped by her roomie, Jessica Jung. Her complete opposite, but just as science have proved it, opposites attract. Hence, they became best friends.

“I’m coming in a minute!” Tiffany shouts as she dashed to gather her things and slide it inside her school pack. Books, check. Binder, check. Laptop, check. Phone, check. All in. She turned her heels to open the door when she remembered one thing. “Omo! My prince didn’t get his good morning kiss yet!”

Tiffany skipped to her study table and picked up the photo frame that was sitting by her lamp shade. “Good morning my handsome prince! Be back soon!” she gave the lifeless frame a quick kiss. Yes, it was the prince she was referring too. Anybody who have seen it might think she’s delusional, but no, she’s not. She’s just a fangirl. A pretty normal, obsessed fangirl.

“Oh my gosh, I thought you died in there, what took you so long?!” the brunette haired girl outside her room bickered at door’s open.

“Good morning Jessi, don’t grump out that pretty face or else you’ll get aging lines too soon!” Tiffany smiled her way out of their apartment like there was nothing wrong. Her friend almost rotted in the corner waiting for her and for yelling how many times to hurry up.

“Ugh, Tiffany when will you learn. Buckle up I’m driving.” Jessica sighed as she grabbed the car keys from Tiffany’s grip.

“What?! Where’s your car?!”

“Donghae sent it to a mechanic, some radiator stuff that I don’t really like to know about. It’s a guy’s duty, not mine’s. Anyway, just get in the car, we need to get to Yonsei in 30 minutes! All because of you.” Skipping a long chat, Jessica put on her Wayfarers and entered the car without waiting for Tiffany’s response.

“It’s better to arrive late, than to arrive ugly, Jessica.” The girl beside her chuckles. Being the lady she was, Tiffany always made sure she looked nice and presentable all the time, and forces her best friend to do the same, which for Jessi, is kind of a hard sell act. Jessica was simple and she doesn’t like taking too much time on things that are of lesser priorities.

Every day was almost like this, Jessica nagging Tiffany and Tiffany smiling while nagging Jessica. Even though a lot of badgering goes between these two, they really get along well, most especially when Tiffany needs someone to understand her longing for home, since Jessica spent a few years back in the States too.

The car passed by a traffic hi-way street. The usual Monday morning and most of the office people who would be working are out by now. “Ugh, dammit.” Jessica hisses under her breath, while her bestie was busy looking at something else.

“Why are you so handsome?” Tiffany dreamily leans on the car window. Adoring the sight of a giant billboard by the highway. She has Jessica to thank now, if she was driving they could have got an accident not too far from the freeway because of her dedicated attention to that oversized photo of her ‘Prince Charming’.

“Oh, god. What could be worse than being stuck in traffic with a fan girl?” Jessica face palmed. One thing she hated is that she had to endure her bestfriend’s spazzing every single time.

“My prince, Choi Siwon~” she batted her eyes that it would melt the billboard that was standing still. The lady on the driver seat couldn’t take her gushy words and gave her a rude smack on the head.

Few minutes passed and the city traffic went from manic to manageable. Thanks to Jessica’s car racing skills, they arrived at Yonsei five minutes before the first period, but it was such a hassle they were literally dashing by the university halls.

“Hey baby!” a young man who was standing by the hallway greeted the sprinting duo. Jessica stopped noticing the familiar figure.

“Oh, sorry Hae we didn’t see you.” She smiles. She immediately changed into a sweet-talking Jessica that made Tiffany roll her eyes. The couple had their little moment of exchanging innocent but meaningful stares.

“Uh, hello? Guys? The bell just rang? Are we just going to stand here while I watch you two eye make out?” Tiffany catcalls. Donghae shook his head and turned his attention to the other lady.

“Oh, hi Tiffany.” he nods.

“Sheesh. I have no time for this. I’m going to class!” Tiffany walks out of the couples’ scene out of annoyance. 

--------

A/N: *drum roll* Heya! My new fic has finally debuted! Kekekekekeke! So how are you finding it? :D We have a cute, spazzing Tiffany right there haha! :3 I hope you guys like it, and I'm starting to get excited on the following chapters too! :D 'TIL THEN, I WILL SEE YOU AROUND! :D