Christmas behind the...door?

Christmas behind the...door?

 

Watching pure white snowflakes falling down to earth, glistening in those faintly rays of sunshine, Hoya sighed heavily as he leaned his forehead against the cold, fogged window, cringing a bit as his bare skin touched the surface. It was slowly getting darker and darker, emphasizing even more the golden light shining from the Christmas market across the bar the male was working at. Christmas Eve was knocking on everyone’s door but Hoya tried his best to ignore the event and to ask for work was the only distraction he thought was able to keep his mind off that.

 

His boss’ face decorated a grimace of pure shock as Hoya required because honestly, who would willingly surrender themselves to work on Christmas, also who would even think about going to a bar then, but seeing Hoya’s desperate plea to keep him busy the boss gave in and allowed the other to lead the place as long as he wants that day.  

 

However, even being away from his flat did not really help to prevent the loneliness once again creeping up Hoya’s heart, engulfing it completely, leaving only sad and empty eyes glued onto the street on which happy couples and children were lazily strolling down after visiting the church or just for taking a walk to inhale fresh air, anticipating the presents nicely placed under the Christmas tree.

Something in Hoya’s chest tightened watching those people interacting with others so friendly and caringly. Though he loved the fact, he could not deny that he envied them.

I wish I had someone precious to me as well.

 

After seconds of discussing, what would be the best next Hoya eventually decided to close the bar. It was no use to waste electricity anyway.

 

Snatching his scarf, his fluffy beanie and the coat, Hoya made his way out of his workplace after making sure he turned off the light and closed the doors properly. He exhaled heavily as he leaned his back against the door, making small, white clouds in the air concerning the cold.

He streamed down the streets to his apartment, which fortunately was not that far away. The snowstorm slowly was getting heavier, causing the male to pull his clothes closer to his body to keep himself warm. Due the darkness engulfing him, his eyes were scanning, every so little detail the world offered him in front of him. The trees, hardly to see, snowflakes raining down the ground, wetting his black hair and clothes ever so lightly.

His cold hands unintentionally sneaked into the pockets of his coat to warm them up, spending all his money on important things like shoes and a coat, which should be able to protect him from the cold, there was no money left to buy some gloves.

 

Hoya actually was a student before, a student, who was not able to make it in his first semester due many problems with money, so he decided to wait a year until he had gained enough money, just so he could apply to a university one more time to study without worries. However, by now there was no change in sight at all.

Having to watch his budget closely, Hoya slowly became frustrated. He worked his off but to no avail, no matter what he did he still was poor. Even though he missed his parents not only because of financial support but also because he loved them dearly, he sometimes wished he had inherit something after their death in an car accident. Something he might be able to survive this situation with.

 

Sliding the tip of his key into the slit of his door, Hoya opened the way to his apartment and switched on the light. Slowly but steadily the rooms were running down, one by one, due low payments and their appearance became more and more unbearable. Day by day, seeing no improvements in the last few months, Hoya ruffled his hair desperately and let out a gust of air. Bouncing on his half-rotten couch in the middle of a room, which was split into a kitchen and a living room, Hoya slammed his head back onto the backrest.

Silence filled the room, apparently calming down the male’s stressed out body. His eyes almost fluttered close as suddenly an annoying ringing noise made them shot open again.

 

Muttering a curse under his breath, Hoya got up and made his way to the door, asking himself who the heck would be on the other side. After all, he had no friends.

He was all alone.

Creaking open his wooden door with his right hand attached to the doorknob, Hoya’s eyebrows raised up immediately.

“Hello?” he asked quietly. A slightly smaller boy with blond, styled up hair was standing in front of him, a bag hanging loosely around one of his shoulders.

“Uhm, hello, there.” The other male smiled happily and briefly waved with his hand.  “This isn’t room 12A, right?” he questioned as the hand slowly lead to his neck, scratching the back of it awkwardly.

Shaking his head, Hoya kept quiet. Honestly, the other man’s appearance overwhelmed him. For a long time already, he had not talked to someone his age, who also looked that good.

“So, may I ask where room 12A is?” the blond haired man questioned, now a smile playing around his lips. Hoya gulped nervously before nodding shortly. “It’s right next door.”

Slamming his hand against his forehead, the other male laughed. “Ah! Right, close, but no banana.” Hoya tried his best to turn down a smile, which threatened to show up and remained uninterested, though the blond seemed kind of fun.

 

Stealing a glance beside Hoya, the other male’s eyes peaked through the crack of the door, scanning the visible things in the room. It was quite empty, just a seemingly dirty and old couch was filling the place aside from a small, slightly broken table. At least that was all Dongwoo was able to see. His heart cringed at the thought someone would celebrate Christmas like that and additionally all alone in that kind of shabby flat.

Suddenly an idea popped up in his head.

 He quickly shifted his eyes back on the male across from him. “Uhm, y-you live a-alone?” Hoya heard the other stutter and watched him fumbling with his fingers nervously. Why did he suddenly get all shy?

“Yeah. Why?”

“You also celebrate Christmas all by yourself?”

“Seems so.” Hoya shrugged and rubbed his upper arm in thought, irritation slowly creeping up its way to his mind.

Becoming slightly more confident and determined to change that fact, the blond male hastily grabbed Hoya’s wrist, tangling his fingers around the bare flesh and dragging him somewhere the latter did not even know.

 

Trying to break free through some struggling, Hoya’s eyes widen as the other took a hold at the door beside his own apartment door.

“Now, we’re gonna celebrate Christmas properly, ok?” The blond showed off one of his bright smiles, locking his gaze with Hoya’s, who was not able to do anything but nod in return.

“By the way, I’m Dongwoo.” Said man informed the other and in the same time knocked on the door, which quickly was opened up by some tall chubby cheeked boy.

“Dongwoo hyung!” he shrieked and engaged the latter into a bear hug before taking a glance at Hoya, who awkwardly stood aside. “Hi.” He mumbled as the look of the other made him quite uncomfortable causing to shift his weight from one leg to another. In a blink of an eye, he was not able to breathe anymore due the pressure on his lungs.

“Sungyeol, let him go!” Dongwoo laughed and pulled Hoya out of Sungyeol’s embrace.

“I could have died.” Hoya clenched his chest and took a deep inhale but the sound of Dongwoo’s lovely laugh rang in his ears, making him stop in his tracks. The blond was mesmerizing in every way possible. His wild eyes, which were forming into crescents while laughing. His full and fluffy lips, causing his innocent and pure smiles make someone craving for those pink pillows of flesh. “As if. You’re well build.” Dongwoo said and pinched Hoya’s upper arms in astonishment, the latter just blushed slightly hearing the comment.

 

 

After some time passed, Hoya got to know all a bit more of Dongwoo’s friends including Dongwoo himself.

Sunggyu was the oldest, had barely visible eyes and liked to nag a lot according to the others.

Dongwoo loved to laugh, joke around and the color green, Hoya noticed as Dongwoo admired the Christmas tree with big teary eyes.

Woohyun was a cheesy grease ball with an angelic voice, who loved to throw hearts at everyone.

Sungyeol was tall as a tree and did not use his brain often.

Myungsoo had a mystery aura around him and his eyes seemed to show off a certain coldness as well.

Finally yet importantly, Sungjong, the youngest, had big eyes and beautiful features in general and if you were not going to tell him he is gorgeous all five minutes, you will not be able to see the next day alive.

Overall, it was a unique group of people Hoya got himself into, all thanks to Dongwoo.

He was happily welcomed and was glad that no one seemed to mind him at all. On the contrary, they quickly accepted him as one of them, much to his surprise.

 

They drank; they laughed and celebrated Christmas. Never in life did Hoya was that grateful to have met someone like Dongwoo before. The latter did not even ask why Hoya was alone; the reason of why he did not celebrate at all or why’s generally.

Yet the most important reason Hoya was happy every time he looked at the other, was Dongwoo’s laugh. It radiated such comfortable warmth it made his heart flutter in delight, almost skipping a beat.

It was weird, only in a short amount of time the other male caused him to feel a certain prickling feeling in his stomach.

 

It was when all of them were sitting on the carpet in the living, gathered up in a circle, only with the Christmas tree as source of light in the room whilst snow was silently falling down in the darkness, outside of the apartment, that Hoya felt fulfilled and pleased.

 

He let out a sigh of satisfaction when he sensed an unusual weight on himself. His eyes traveled down south to see a snoring Dongwoo with his head placed on Hoya’s shoulder, some drool threatening to drop. The black-haired man chuckled, causing Dongwoo to stir slightly in his sleep. Carefully he let his fingers ran through his soft blond hair, admiring the small smile decorating Dongwoo’s lips.

“Yah! Dongwoo hyung! Get up your lazy , will ya?” Sungjong yelled and threw a pillow straight at his face, making him jump in shock before dreamingly rubbing his eyes. “What?” he asked sleepily.

“Get over here.” Woohyun demanded slightly politer than the youngest and pointed at a certain spot in the middle of them all.

Without questioning anything, Dongwoo did as he was told and got into the centre of attention.

“You too, Hoya.” Sunggyu smirked and lifted his index finger to the same point. Being too oblivious towards their doing, Hoya got up, making his way beside the blond male.

“Now what?” Hoya asked and tilted his head to the side, lifting up a brow.

“Now kiss.” Myungsoo stated with those unreadable eyes of his.

“What?!” Both, Dongwoo and Hoya shrieked, changing their gazes between the other five pairs of eyes. “Why?”

Smile growing larger, spreading from one ear to the other, Sungyeol chuckled darkly and motioned them to look up. “There’s a mistletoe above you both.”

An awkward silence fell over them, as their eyes met the little plant hanging about their heads, smiling ever so teasingly.

“You’re kidding, aren’t you?” Dongwoo tried to laugh, ending up into a nervous smile.

Five heads were shaking in triumph with a sly smirk glued one their lips by hearing that question.

Looking back into the eyes of the person, they should kiss next, Hoya and Dongwoo cracked up an awkward smile. “So that means th-“

“For god’s sake you both are so lame.” Sungjong complained, smashing Hoya and Dongwoo’s lips together.

 

Hoya shot up in his seat as sweat trickled down the side of his head. His hands were tightly pulling at the fabric of his couch, his eyes widened in shock. He let himself fall back with a sigh escaping his lips.

He dreamt. He had dreamt all of that.

He never even has met Dongwoo!

Sudden sadness sting in his heart as the urge to cry came over him. The only light in his life of darkness was taken away from him or rather, it never existed.

Pulling at his hair and gritting his teeth, Hoya cried out in frustration and threw one of his pillows somewhere he did not know. Apparently a vase, as he heard a shattering noise but he was too caught up in his anger to care about anything else.

 

He was alone again.

 

Every hope he got due Dongwoo, who might be able to lighten up his life, was destroyed through simple waking up into the real world.

Growling and letting a curse roll from his lips, Hoya got up of his couch as he heard an annoying ringing noise. Someone pushed the bell.

 

However, when he opened the door, hands attached on the doorknob, Hoya thought his heart would stop beating by the sight in front of him.

“Uhm, hello.” A blond male waved cheerfully before realization hit him, causing him to scratch the back of his neck awkwardly.

“This isn’t room 12A, right?”

It had to seem pretty creepy but Hoya couldn’t help the wide, happy smile which now was spreading onto his lips as he noticed the same line the other had spoken in his dream.

Dongwoo.

Though, his eyes immediately took a look through his window as he heard noises around, watching a shooting star in the night sky. He wondered what all of that meant but something else distracted him to think any further.

Motioning Dongwoo to wait a second, Hoya walked over to his shabby table in front of his couch as a small piece of paper caught his attention.

 

Please take good care of him, Hoya!

Merry Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho

 

“What the-“

“So you’re living all alone?” Hoya turned around to look into Dongwoo’s curious eyes and suppressed a smile.

“Yeah.”

“So, you also gonna celebrate Christmas all by yourself?”

“Yes, why?”

The blond smiled and looked down while fumbling with his fingers. “Do you wanna join my friend’s party?”

Hell yes!

“Uhm, yes. Yes, I would love to.”

 

Hoya did not know how to explain that incident. Not even with a lot of imagination.

All he was able to do was, to call it a Christmas miracle. 

Now he had someone precious to him. Someone to care for.

He never thought all he needed, to find true happiness was knocking on his wooden door of his shabby apartment on Christmas Eve.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S SO CRAPPY!!!

I've the feeling this whole story makes no sense at all...especially the ending!! >__<

 

 

Please tell me what you think♥ please!♥