Chapter 6: Unfair

"Not Soon Enough" (HoyaxOC)

"It's totally unfair!" Jie whined, pouty.

"Well you ask them to give you Sunggyu's number," you said, grinning like an idiot. The boys have already left their apartment, grinning in amusement to the end. Even with Jie whining to them about her non-given "welcoming gift", they grinned even more, if that was even possible.

"Pfft, as if. Your bias actually gave you his number, which means he's interested in you. Even though I think it's kind of cowardly to ask his friend to do it. Then again, it's kind of cute that he's all shy about it," Jie said, feeling jealous.  "Unlike me, my bias might not even be interested in me!" she whined again, rolling on Aya's bed. "So are you going to call him?"

"Um, yeah. Maybe tonight," you sheepishly grinned at Jie, whom rolled her eyes in returned, but smiled as she did.

"Good luck with that!" she grinned as she sat up right on your bed. "For now, let's go and go to that place we were planning to go before the boys popped out of nowhere again."

You laughed and nodded.

------------

That late night, when you got home, ready to go to bed, you pondered whether to call him or not. You looked at the clock on the wall. "10.45" you whispered to yourself. "Isn't it too late to call him, Aya...your bias. YOUR BIAS! For good sakes!" you thought, it sounded like a mental scolding in your head.

There was a knock on your closed door, before you could respond, you heard Jie spoke through it. "You better call him now, Aya! He might not sleep if you don't do it now. Good night!" You could hear the teasing smile she had, that was glued to her face all night. You rolled your eyes at the door.

"Good night, Jie!" You spoke loudly, in a semi annoyed tone, which a faint laugh was your reply. 

"Huuuu~" you breathed out, "Okay, let's do this." You key in the number and pressed 'dail'. Your heart was pounding so hard you could barely hear the ringing. Then the ringing stopped, and so did your heart.

"Hello?" You couldn't tell if it was Hoya or not, because you weren't sure how he sounded on the phone.

"Hello? umm," you breath in, realizing you weren't breathing, "Uhh, is this Hoya's number? Cause I---"

"Ah, yeah! Aya right?" You could hear that he was excited.

"Um, yeah. Sorry I'm calling so late... Uh, I thought I'd try just leaving you a message or something, but--" you were extremely nervous, you started babbling.

"Aya, it's okay. I'm glad you called, cause I think I wouldn't have been able sleep if you didn't," he shyly laughed, sounding a bit nervous too.

You blushed, feeling shy, but giggled. "I guess it's better late than never, huh?" you joked.

He chuckled at that.

 

Surprisingly, it was easy speaking with him. Even though he's like your ultimate bias! Yes, you've been trying to control your squealing spasms now and then, but you wonderfully managed. Somehow.

You talked about yourself, your country, your university studies, how long you've been learning the Korean language, a little bit about Jie, about your short stay here with Jie, and of course being a big fan of infinite. While he talked about himself, his job, his schedules, you being his bias (he claims; if not, he said the boys wouldn't have given you his number to you, he teased) and about him being a fan of yours. You were confused at that last part, but he explained about what happened with you and Jie near the apartment building. You couldn't help but blush and laugh. You both spent the next 2 hours talking on the phone. That is before one of you yawned. Which was you.

"Ah, sorry I kept you up. it's kind of late already."

"Kind of?" you teased. He laughed.

"No, it IS late. You should go to sleep." Hoya sweetly said.

You blushed, as you tried to stop another yawn coming, but failed. He laughed again.

"Oh, hey listen, Aya. Tomorrow afternoon, how about you and Jie come over to our dorm? I know we haven't met each other personally yet, so it'll be a good chance to, and you know, you could meet the others too....Uh, Aya? you there? ...Oh man, she fell asleep--"

You laughed, "no, I'm still awake. I'm just in shock. it's not a good chance--"

"What? why?--"

"It's a GREAT CHANCE," you gleefully said, grinning ear to ear.

He laughed, "I know right? too bad I didn't thought about it."

"Eh? then?" you said, curiously.

"Sunggyu hyung did," he said. Maybe you imagined it, but you detected a double meaning to his tone, but brushed it off.

"Ohh~" you chuckled. "Jie will be psyched! Well, after I calm her down from dying."

He laughed at that, "Sweet!"