Xiuhan | Fluff, Non-AU | 1038w

EXO Drabbles

Prompt: Xiuhan at the Idol Star Olympics ft. Ze:a's Jung Heechul.


There’s something about Minseok that makes their idol seniors want to take care of him. Luhan supposes that with Minseok being the oldest in the group, he didn’t really like to be coddled by anyone in the group. But with his small statute and cute face, he naturally attracted older brother figures who wanted to treat him. 

Luhan thinks he entirely capable of taking care of Minseok himself. He believes he’s made it clear that he’s the main person allowed to baby Minseok and should therefore receive must of his attention and affection. Of course, he can’t object when Yunho or Donghae slings an arm around him because that’s to be expected, but he’s pretty successful at keeping Minseok to himself.

No, it’s not that Luhan has a crush on him, he insists every time Yixing teases him about it. He just wants to protect Minseok and be the only one that makes him happy and maybe be around him for the rest of their lives.

Okay, that sounds that a crush.

But he’s never been this attracted to another man before so he likes to think that it’s just something about Minseok that makes him feel this way so he needs to figure this out and keep other men away from him while he does so.

Then, the Idol Olympics happen.

The first Olympics they participated in had been fun, he thought. Back then he was still a little star struck and spent most of the time wrapped around Sehun and debating whether he should get autographs. So, he’s excited when he finds out that Minseok will be joining them for the upcoming Olympics. For some reason he imagines himself introducing Minseok to the few Idols he met and then Minseok would compliment him on how social he is and then kiss his cheek-

Okay, maybe not the last part. That’s weird. But all the other things would still happen.

But he forgets to take in the fact that Minseok can be very social when he wants to. They’re at the event for no more than 10 minutes before Minseok wonders off to talk to the U-Kiss members.

Soon, Luhan’s day becomes periods of actually competing and trying to keep up with Minseok. He tries to do his best of not seeming so clingy, which Minseok doesn’t seem to think he is, but he misses the looks other idols give him.

He’s been sort of glancing over at Ze:a members for most of the day, particularly at Heechul who’s been looking at Minseok a little too long. He doesn’t know much about him (well they performed the same day on MuBank once), but he has read that he wasn’t particularly a very friendly person, so of course he’s concerned of why he’s looking at Minseok like he wants to eat him. Luhan tries his best to keep Minseok distracted so he doesn’t walk off again, but unfortunately, keeping Minseok occupied doesn’t keep Heechul from walking over to them.

“Xiumin!” Heechul calls out. Luhan quietly seethes from how bright Minseok’s eyes are when he looks over at the older man. “I’ve been wanting to talk to you since I first saw your name on the list.”

Minseok, being the every polite person he is, bows and shakes Heechul’s extended hand. But Heechul has no real intention of releasing Minseok’s hand and pulls him closer after a quick, disinterested glance at Luhan.

“It’s weird seeing you in a track suit after that Growl performance,” Heechul comments as he unnecessarily adjusts Minseok’s jacket. “But amazingly, you pull it off well.”

It takes everything Luhan has to not say, , get your filthy hands off him; we’re all wearing the same tracksuit so your pickup lines are horrible. But he knows better than to say what he’s thinking, but he can’t help but stare as Heechul blatantly flirts with Minseok. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re hitting on Xiumin,” he blurts out before he can stop himself, but he tries to save himself by letting out a stilted laugh to pass off the comment as a joke.

Both Xiumin and Heechul laugh while going to hold hands again. Luhan only has so much self-control and is prepared to physically drag Heechul away when the other Ze:a members call Heechul over so they can practice for their events.

Luhan allows Heechul to live another day.

He doesn’t really realize how much he fails to really hide his emotions until Dongwoo pulls him aside during an event, when little attention would be on them, and asks how long he’s liked Minseok. Luhan sputters and tries to play dumb, saying that he’s liked Minseok as long as he knew him, just like he likes the other members of his group. Dongwoo simply crosses his arms and stares at Luhan. “Okay, fine! I’ve had a tiny, tiny crush on him since we first met, but I don’t want him to… I don’t know, freak out about the whole thing so I can’t let him know.”

Dongwoo laughs and pats Luhan’s (Luhan doesn’t appreciate this). “He already knows. Everyone knows.”

Luhan’s eyes widen and he shakes his head. “I’m not that obvious.”

Dongwoo looks over Luhan’s shoulder at something and Luhan turns to see Minseok talking to Heechul again and Luhan knows he should have threatened Heechul’s life earlier to make sure this didn’t happen again. Minseok feels the pair of eyes on him and looks over at their direction. Luhan doesn’t even try to hide his displeasure and pouts before turning back to face Dongwoo. “See?” he says, reiterating his point.

But seconds later Minseok is running up behind him and slinging an arm over his shoulders. Dongwoo makes some excuse to leave the two alone, but he doesn’t leave before mouthing ‘He knows’ to Luhan when Minseok’s not looking.

Minseok waves goodbye to Dongwoo and turns to face Luhan. “Sorry about Heechul Hyung,” he apologizes. “He just wanted to ask about my MC gig, so you can stop glaring at him like he stole your favorite teddy bear.” Luhan makes some lame excuse about how he wasn’t glaring, but he knows it’s no use because one thing’s for sure:

Minseok knows.


Based on this lovely moment.

Requested by MuchAdoeAbout. Sorry it's so late, but I hope you still enjoy it!

This one might have a continuation somewhere down the line.

Keep sending requests! (someone request something that's not Xiuhan so I can add more tags)