U & I

U & I

It was the time when the Sun is about to bring out the flowers. Luhan was there, in the college, Kyunghee University. The shower of cherry blossoms has taken a big space of the whole university.  He took his breath and released. Piles of books inserted into his locker and he gracefully closed its door – as usual. He closed his eyes, slowly let himself immersed into the echoed voices of the students; discontented happiness mixed with relief from the end of the quiz. Luhan was not in a good mood so every girl who greeted him would end up getting a cute stare filled with rage. His rage grew as he saw a glimpse of her. Yoojin.

Yoojin stared into his eyes as they were approaching each other. Luhan swallowed his saliva; reminiscing the pure beauty in front of him. He blocked her way. She scoffed and turned another way. He blocked her way too. The next thing she knew, she shouldn’t face him anymore. It was useless.

“Why must you appear in front of eyes?” Luhan said, trying best to keep calm at his coming wrath.

Yoojin didn’t feel like replying him; afraid of pissing him off. The last thing she remembered was Luhan was angrily sulked because he happened to saw her talking to Oh Sehun, which was a boy from her neighborhood. Luhan wasn’t a jealousy type but he certainly got mad after Sehun’s lips landed on Yoojin’s fluffy cheek. Yoojin’s displayed no emotion of excitement at all, and clearly she didn’t like it. His rage grew as he flashed the memory back.

“Stop sulking like a girl, Luhan.” She said; harshly consoling the inconsolable Luhan. Luhan used to like it, in that way but when she said it at that time, his reaction was unfamiliar; his eyes rolled and his breathing was heavier.

Luhan gazed into her eyes deeply, with a different gaze. “Say that again, I’ll kiss you hard.”

Let’s appreciate the temporary silence between them.

“You’re feminine, Luhan. So feminine. You sulk over small things, like a girl.” She said, pulling off a little teasing smile.

Last thing she knew was, her body was hammered against the wall and sandwiched between Luhan’s body and the hard-rock wall. In a helpless mode, she pushed herself but it didn’t turn better. Luhan’s lips crashed onto hers, hardly when he got the chance. Yoojin didn’t respond to the inviting kiss but when Luhan’s plump lips brushed against her jaw, a slight moan helplessly escaped from . Luhan smirked and pulled away.

“You do love it, Yoojin.” He smiled and the back of his finger trailed on her cheek.

Yoojin flinched. It was not true, her mind said. It had been a month since the big fight between them and surely she missed that tempting lips on hers. She shook her head, denying Luhan.

Luhan was speechless, appreciating Yoojin’s silent confession.

 

Petals like popcorn fly high
If you tell me that you love me, I really melt
When the wind blows like today
I go crazy all day
Because I constantly think of you

 

He saw her, again. Luhan smiled to himself as his eyes caught a sight of her smile. At the usual bench, she used to sit there with her friends, enjoying hot chocolate and laughed at silly jokes while enjoying the scene of the park. It was beautiful and pure, he thought. Luhan pulled off his earphone from his ear and took a deep breath.

“You can do this, Luhan.” He said to himself and gently patted his chest, gaining some non-existence spirit out of nowhere. His brows furrowed as he recalled his friends’ ‘wisdom’ words.”Luhan, stop being so shy like a girl.” “Luhan, prove that you’re a man! You can do it!”

“You can do it, Luhan.” He said to himself again. His trembling legs moved slowly, stirring the puffiness of the cherry blossom petals and his shivering lips keep recalling a killing line.

He walked towards her and it was the time when she turned her face, and their eyes met. She smiled and giggled. The thing in her mind was all about how good looking Luhan was. He was like a mixture of cute and handsome.

“It’s you? AH! It’s him!” she blurted out and laughed like a crazy fangirl.

Luhan flashed a clueless face. “Me?”

She nodded and glanced at her friends. “It’s you! In these pictures!” She shoved a picture in front of Luhan’s face and he was completely taken aback. It was him, caught staring at her beneath the cherry blossom tree.

Luhan’s face lowered, facing the pink petals stuffing themselves on the ground. The girl just laughed awkwardly and smacked Luhan’s shoulder. “Hey, act like a man. Do you like me?”

Luhan faced her, stared into her eyes; slightly surprised at her random personality. “I... I like you since the first time we bumped at each other.” He said and added, “I like you.”

She laughed again. “There you go! Confess! I knew it! Because your stare is something! Hehe!”

A smiled crossed Luhan’s baby-like face. His doe-like eyes shone. She’s amazingly beautiful. The one he can rely on.

She smiled, replying Luhan shy smile. “Thanks for liking me....”

“Luhan.”

“Right. Luhan.” She said and nodded. “I’m Ji Yoojin and I like you too.”

Luhan was shocked abruptly. “Eh?”

She giggled and smacked Luhan’s shoulder again. “Can’t you hear me? I like you too!”

Yoojin’s tear dropped on the floor. It got dry after a moment because of the spring wind. Luhan sighed and smiled bitterly. He must act like a man, a man who will never let his girl cry, a man who will never let his girl go and a man who will love and protect his girl. He loved this girl; he loved her random cheerful non-talkative girl. Yoojin’s petite body was slowly pulled into Luhan’s arm and he hugged her. At that particular moment, petals of cherry blossoms showered them, as if they were celebrating their reunion.

“I’m sorry for the mess that I started, Yoojin. I should’ve believed you.” He said and tightened the hug. Luhan’s eyelids are closely shut – holding back the tears.

“I love you, Luhan.” She said. She smiled between the hug and wrap Luhan’s abdomen with her small arms. “I know you’re always manly for me.”

“Don’t say like that! Say that I’m handsome, please... baby.” He pulled away and d her shoulders with a pout.

She lightly slapped Luhan’s cheek and chuckled, “Stop pouting or I’ll kick your non-existence , Luhan.”

He smirked, “You haven’t seen my abs, dear.”

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She said. “Oh yeah, it’s spring so how about we have some hot choc...”

“Under a cherry blossom tree?” They said in sync. Both of them end up chuckling, flashing the memories back.