First Encounter

Library Romance

"Hey, ~~~~, can you please go restock the books in the back?" the librarian asked you.

"Of course." You took the carts full of books to the back.

You walked to the back of the library. Before you closed the gap on the shelf with books, you noticed a sleeping figure at the farthest table.

You walked over to the table to find a boy sound asleep. The blonde haired boy looked adorable in his sleep. You noticed that he was reading a skateboarding magazine. You carefully slid it out from under his arms to not wake him up.

You continued to stack books on the shelf quietly to not disturb him. You noticed that at the top shelf, the books weren't organized properly. You tried to reach for them, but couldn't. So you tired to lightly knock out a book one at a time, but you failed. A pile of books came falling down at you. You ducked to protect yourself from the falling books.

The books made loud noises as they fell onto the ground. It echoed throughout the small library. You looked over to the librarian who shot you a dark look. "Mianhae" you mouthed.

You remembered the blonde haired boy who was asleep. *I hope I didn't disturb him.* you thought.

You looked though the shelf at the table, but found that the boy was no longer there. *Where'd he go?* you wondered.

You spun around and jumped to find that that he was standing behind you. You dropped the books you were holding.

"You woke me up with your recklessness." the boy said.

"M-mianhae.." you stammered. You brushed your hair back behind your ear and started to pick all the books.

The boy gave a light smile and started helping you pick the books. "Where do these books go?" he asked.

"You can just give that to me. I can put the books away." You reached for the books in his hand, but he turned away.

"Let me help you." he insisted.

You eventually gave in and let him help you. "Those books go up on that shelf." you pointed to the highest shelf.

The boy was very tall so he was able to reach the top shelf easily. Because of the narrow aisles, the wasn't much room to move around, so as he placed the books on the sehlf, you can feel his body press against your back. Your cheeks started to heat up. He was so close to you. You nervously placed books back on the shelves that were at your level.

"Is there anything else you need help with--" he looked at your name tag and smiled, "~~~~?"

You placed the last book on shelf and turned around, "Nope that was the last book. Thank you for the help."

You waved and turned to leave, but the boy called out to you. "Because of your carelessness with the books you woke me up."

You turned and apologized. The boy walked up to you, coming closer and closer making you bump into a book shelf. He stopped the shaking book shelf with his hand and leaned close to your face and smirked. "I don't want an apology. You owe me. How bout a date?" *Mwo?!?!* Your eyes widened at his sudden request.

"B-but, you d-don't even know me! This is so sudden!" You stammered.

"That's true, but I find you really adorable. I'll come by at 6. See ya later Mai." He winked at you.

You watched him leave the library on his skateboard. He saluted you through the window as he skated down the street. Your cheeks flushed.