If We're Alright- final

If We're Alright

T/N things written in italic are thoughts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV


"Jesus Baek, can't you stop being on your phone while we're having dinner?!" you asked for the nth time this month. You and Baekhyun had been in a relationship for about 2 years now and you loved him more than anything, but sometimes he really pissed you off. A good example of an annoying thing about Baekhyun was that he was always, literally ALWAYS, on his phone. You knew he had a lot of important things to handle and all, he was one of the most loved singers of South-Korea, member of huge idol group sensation EXO, but you felt like he didn't care about you anymore.

This wasn't the only thing you were pissed off about though, there were many more things. Like how he never cleaned up or how he made noise with everything he did.

Usually you wouldn’t get very mad, you’d just glance angrily at him to let him know how annoyed you were, but this time was different. You were sick of him being such a jerk to you every time he came home.

“Baek! What did I just ask you for God’s sake?!” you yelled again when he started typing on his phone again. He just glanced at you, sighed, then locked his phone and put it next to him. You rolled your eyes at him and continued eating your dinner.

As soon as Baekhyun finished his dinner, he reached for his phone again. “ahem” you coughed, as a warning for him better not to pick up that phone. “, ___, why are you making such a big deal of this? You know I’ve got important things going on and I need to be alert!” “am I not important to you?” “why are you talking such nonsense, you know how much you mean to mean!” “no I don’t Beak, because you don’t ever talk to me, never even look at me! can’t you understand that being here feels ing useless? I know your job is important but don’t you think maintaining your own relationship is important too?” “this is bull ___! You know very well how much I love you!” “FOR SAKE NO I DON’T BAEK!” you stood up angrily, make the wooden chair you sat on fall backwards and land on the ground with a loud noise.

“I do not know that, because you don’t show me your love! You know how you came back from a 2-week-trip to China a few weeks ago? You just gave me one peck on the lips and then went off to charge your ing phone! Do you even realize how much I’d missed you? How much I wanted to be in your arms forever to cuddle like we used to? It’s like you don’t even notice me! like I’m just something that cooks your meals, cares for you and cleans up all the that you leave behind you all over the ing house. Am I really less important than your fame, your money, your job? Because if so, I’ll pack my bags. I’ll leave. I’ll let you become a bitter, selfish, rich jerk on your own.”

Baekhyun just stared at you absentmindedly, as if in a trance. Probably thinking about how he can charge his phone as quickly as possible. ing . “Whatever Baekhyun, I love you but I can’t deal with you being such an .” Tears started forming in your eyes, of anger, but also of fear of losing him. You walked out of the kitchen, to the bedroom. You could hear Baekhyun’s hurt voice trying to call you back in but you ignored him. As soon as you got into the room, you locked the door behind you and threw yourself onto the bed, where you started crying uncontrollably before falling into asleep.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

She was shouting at me. the girl that I love so much, was shouting at me. she never does that. Most of the time she just glares at me when she’s angry, but this time was different. This time I knew I had really screwed things up. I knew I had to make it up to her, make her happy again. I hate seeing her hurt. I hate myself for hurting her. I love her with all that I am, she needs to know that. And she’s right, about me being a jerk. I should spend more time with her, should appreciate all she does for me, should be a better boyfriend. Because to be honest, I’m a boyfriend right now.

I wasn’t listening to her anymore, because her words hit me like big, heavy rocks. She had every right to shout at me. I’d be pissed at myself too. I was caught up in my thoughts until she suddenly calmed her voice down and called me an with a broken voice. Again, she’s right. I’m an . She stomped out of the kitchen. I tried to stop her. “babe, ___, wait, I’m sorry, I just…”, I tried running after her but she was already in the bedroom. I heard a clicking sound. Did she lock the door? Did I really mess this up that bad?

I pulled the handle down and tried to open the door, but I was right. She locked it. . I had to apologize. “___, babe, I’m sorry!”… there was no answer. All I heard was a thud and then some soft, muffled sobs. She must be laying on the bed right now. Our bed. Our king-sized bed where memories of us are. Where we always used to cuddle and talk and well… do other things… and now she was in there. On her own, in the cold room where the heating wasn’t on. Without me. and that thought killed me.

I suddenly remembered we had an extra key to every door in the house, which I had to find. But then I remembered how she was the one who knew where they were. She was the one who came up with that idea. She was the one who decorated the entire house, by herself, because I was too busy doing other stuff. Useless that I can’t even remember anymore.

Tears started forming in my eyes while I slowly realized how terrible I’ve been. I searched the living room and the hall way for the keys, but couldn’t find anything. I then continued my hunt for the extra key in the kitchen.

After a whole lot of desperate searching I found the key in the back of a drawer and immediately ran to the bedroom. I unlocked the door and quietly opened it. She’d fallen asleep, curled up into a ball, looking more fragile and hurt than ever. My princess, I’m sorry for hurting you like this.

 

Your POV

You heard a click of someone unlocking something, and then a creaking door followed by soft footsteps. You weren’t asleep, but you weren’t awake either. You knew what was going on but wasn’t conscious of it. You suddenly felt something next to you, something big, soft and warm. ‘it’ then wrapped his arms around you, pulling you back to reality. You were now awake, but your eyes were still closed. You realized that the ‘it’, was Baekhyun. Just thinking about him made you burn with anger again.

___, babe, wake up please” he whispered in your ear, making you shiver a little. He tightened his grip around your waist, pulling you closer to him. He then kissed your shoulder softly. His sudden action made you shock a bit, giving away the fact that you were actually awake. Your eyes had opened because of the shock as well, and you knew Baek had seen that.

“please listen to me, ___. I’m really sorry.” You shut your eyes again, trying to close out everything he said. You knew that Baek would rather fight all day long than be a victim of the silent treatment. Ignoring your resistance, he continued. “___, you have every right to scream and let it out. Call me names, I deserve them. I’ll take them all, gladly. I’ll take the blame, I’ll take the fall, I’ll be wrong, as long as we’re alright. I’ll fix this, just tell me how. We’ll fix this together. I was wrong, I ruined things, I know that. I hurt your feelings, but you should know I don’t mean it. I love you, you mean everything to me. I’ll clean the entire house, every single millimeter. I’ll throw my phone out the window, together with my laptop and iPad and everything. I’ll do anything, as long as you won’t leave me, as long as we’re alright. I just want us to be alright. Please, ___, forgive me.”

You didn’t say anything. You stayed still for a while, thinking about everything Baekhyun just told you. You heard him sigh a couple of times, but he didn’t leave. He stayed with you, close to you, until he fell asleep. You heard his little snores, the ones that you used to bully him with, because he sounded like a piglet. You smiled at hearing it, remembering those good moments with him. You hoped everything could turn back to those days, and decided you should give him a chance to proof what a fantastic boyfriend he once was, and deep in his heart, still is.

You slowly turned around and wrapped your arms around his strong waist. You laid your head down on his chest, that was moving up and down in a slow but steady rhythm. Feeling you next to him again, he pulled you even closer, and together, surrounded by each other’s warmth and love, you fell in a deep sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed that! please comment and leave feedback and maybe leave a request if you'd like to :) thanks for reading! xo