Part 2

Secret Affair

“Pink faces, the feeling of walking on clouds, the picturesque you makes my heart pound. Just like how you softly smiled with your eyes back then. If only you can fly into the opened window of my heart.”

 

“Oh, Sangmi … you hear that? His voice is really sounded like angel.” Aerin sighed dreamily.

Sangmi laughed, “I think you should stop being pathetic and say hi to Junmyeon.”

“Easy to say, but it’s hard to do it.” Aerin argued. “Do you think he’s not going to freak out if suddenly I showed up in front of him and say hi, I’m Aerin. Can we be friends?”

“He’s not,” Sangmi looked up from her notebook, “I know what kind of person Junmyeon is. Besides, why don’t you just send a message to his radio? It’s anonymous after all.” She suggested. “Or I can help to set a blind date with him. How is it?”

“B-But you don’t know if−if Junmyeon would agree to go to the blind date with me.” Aerin stammered.

“He’s my childhood friend, Aerin. I know he’d say yes.”

Aerin blushed, “But I’m not ready to face him yet.” She whispered.

“Just take your time and tell me if you’re ready.” Sangmi smiled encouragingly.

 

 

**

 

 

“My father may be your family doctor, but it doesn’t mean you can take me as your personal love doctor, Oh Sehun.”

“Come on, Yixing … you know I have nobody else beside you.” Sehun stated. “My relationship with Sangmi is a secret, I can’t tell anyone.”

Yixing then took the seat across Sehun, “You have a point.” He agreed. “So, what’s the matter? Tell Dr. Yixing everything.”

Sehun snorted, “You are really something.”

“Hey, you want me to hear you or not?” The boy threatened.

“Okay, okay.” Sehun gave up. “I’ll tell you.” He took a deep breath, straightening his body in his seat. “I … fought with Sangmi yesterday. I yelled at her in the café and Luhan was there. We’re not talking through the ride to her home and when we arrived,” he paused, “she just left without saying anything. I followed her inside, and I saw her cry in her room. The sight was so painful and I know I’m so ed up.” Sehun groaned.

“And tell me the reason why are you so angry to Sangmi?” Yixing asked.

“I told her to wait for me, but she forgot. I couldn’t reach her through phone and I started to panic. When she finally answered, it was Luhan who speaking. And−and suddenly, I just feel so angry I raised my voice to Luhan.” Sehun closed his eyes momentarily. “I drove my car fast, and when I arrived, I saw Sangmi with Luhan and it made my blood boiled.”

“You’re jealous.” Yixing told him.

“What?”

“You’re jealous, Sehun.” Yixing repeated. “You’re upset because you see Sangmi with Luhan.” He explained. “At first, you’re angry because Sangmi had forgets about your words. But when you heard Luhan’s voice instead of her, your mind started to think the negative things. You never leave Sangmi without you on her side, and when it happens, you’re really come unprepared.”

“But I’m not jealous,” Sehun argued. “I’m just worried if something bad happened to her.”

“I know you’re worried about her, I know.” Yixing said. “Of course you’ll always remember to what happened to Sangmi 8 years ago. But, don’t you think you’re overdone it? You never crossed the line until causing Sangmi to cry.”

Sehun let a desperate sigh, hand massaging his bridge of nose. “I don’t know, Yixing. It’s like an impulse and the next thing I know, I almost ruined our engagement.”

“You’re almost into your third year with Sangmi, and you know her since you’re nine. You spent 9 years with her yet you still can’t figure your feeling to her.” Yixing chuckled. “Sangmi is a beautiful girl, Sehun. She attracts people’s interest by the way she smile. Her action can hold the attention and she’s smart. You have all of her for yourself and here you are, being stupid to make a next move.”

“Who told you I’m stupid?” Sehun glared.

“You may be the smartest in our school, but when it comes to your heart, you’re just clueless.” Yixing laughed.

“Then enlighten me,” Sehun told him, “tell me what I should do.” He pleaded to his friend.

But Yixing suddenly stood up, stretching his body and yawning. “I can’t tell you, Sehun. You know the answer already, all you need is to find it.” He smiled. “Take it easy and you will know.”

 

 

**

 

 

That evening Sehun stayed longer in the court, dribbling the basketball into the ring with Yixing’s statement replaying on his head. It as if the playground knew his situation, he couldn’t score any and it annoyed him. He finally decided to stop and went into the changing room. When he entered, almost half of the team already left and some still organized their things. Sehun put his bag in front of his locker and dragged his body to the shower room, dwelled under the hot water before finally washed.

The room was empty when he finished. He put on his clean shirt after and shocked to see Luhan standing on the corner, as if he was waiting for him.

“You scared me, Luhan.” Sehun said surprised.

“Can we talk?”

Sehun turned around, giving Luhan a skeptical look before nodded. “What is it?” Luhan was hesitating and Sehun knew the older was going to talk about Sangmi. “It’s about yesterday, isn’t it?”

Luhan didn’t answer, simply stared at Sehun before nodding his head. “I know I shouldn’t ask, because you must be have a reason until you,” he paused, choosing the right words, “so upset and lecturing Sangmi in front of me. But I just want to know why are you restraining Sangmi? Like, you hold her with your chain and want her to yourself.”

“You like Sangmi, don’t you?” The question just slipped out from Sehun’s mouth before he could think.

“Yes, I like her.” Luhan answered, and it surprised Sehun. “But not in a romantic way,” he added, “I like her as a friend, she’s a nice girl to have companion with.”

“But you look pretty close with her.”

Luhan then laughed while shaking his head, “It because I’m brave enough to get close with her without you killing me first.” He joked, which made Sehun snort. “You are jealous, aren’t you?” Even though Sehun didn’t answer, Luhan knew by looking at his eyes. “You should be thankful for having Sangmi by your side, Sehun.” He told Sehun. “Sangmi maybe hides it from you, but you must know she often cornered by some seniors or juniors who bold enough to tell her to stay away from you.” Sehun’s face strike with horror and Luhan hurriedly continue. “But she’s okay, they didn’t dare to hurt her because they could be expelled if Sangmi mean enough to tell his father and bring the case to the committee. She handles it well.” He assured him.

“She told you about this?” Sehun asked incredulously.

“Yes, she told me. Only because she didn’t want you to worry” He answered. “You should have learns about your feeling to Sangmi, Sehun. Why you’re being so protective over her, why you’re restraining her,” he paused, walking closer to Sehun and patted his shoulder, “and why are you so scared to lose her.” Sehun was opening his mouth, but Luhan beat him first. “You don’t need to be jealous about Sangmi being close to me. Really, I only see her as a friend.” He laughed. “You should mark your territory before someone takes it from you.”

 

 

Sehun walked to the parking lot absentmindedly, head spinning from Yixing and Luhan’s words. He couldn’t find the answer, and he thought maybe Yixing is right, that he’s stupid about this kind of thing called feeling. But he just needed to sort this problem before he ruined everything with his brainless act in the future.

“Why are you taking so long, Oh Sehun?” A loud voice took Sehun to reality and looked up from the pavement. Sangmi was standing beside his car, face literally not happy while folding her arms on her chest.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked, and he cursed his stupid brain immediately.

“Waiting for you, of course, what do you think am I doing here?” She answered angrily.

“Didn’t your chauffeur fetch you today?”

Sangmi slowly took a deep breath while unfolding her hands and Sehun knew she tried her best to calm her nerves. “If my chauffeur fetched me, do you think I would stand here for half an hour waiting for you Oh Sehun?” Her voice was full with sarcasm and Sehun knew if he opened his mouth again he’d die on the spot.

Sehun then hurriedly unlock his car and opened the door for Sangmi. “I’m sorry, Sangmi. I just … have something to take care after the practice.” The girl didn’t say anything nor spare him a glance as she slides in to the car.

Sehun then closed the door and ran to other side. He started the engine and felt his head pounding badly. With the thick air in the car, he drove the wheel into the busy Seoul’s street and head to Sangmi’s house.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The sky was bright when Sehun drove his car on Saturday. It was past nine when he decided to drop in at Sangmi’s house. His father was still in New York while his mother left in early morning to go somewhere he didn’t know. The breakfast was set on the table when he walked to the kitchen after he took a bath, but somehow, he lost his appetite to eat the prepared food. Suddenly an idea popped up in his head and he grabbed his car key, leaving his house in a white t-shirt and knee-length jeans.

Sehun knew Sangmi was going to be home because his fiancée didn’t call him to inform she’s having an appointment. It was their habit, to always communicate and report their own schedule. Sehun thought, with he always know where and when Sangmi wanted to go, he could feel easy and not worrying her.

Sehun arrived after 20 minutes drive and parked his car near the gate of Sangmi’s house. He exited the car and rang the bell, telling he’s Sehun. One of the Choi’s maids opened the door and informed him that Sangmi was gardening in the backyard. Sehun then thanked her and walked himself there; smiling when he saw the said person was watering the flowers. Sangmi only clad in short and a white tank-top, she had her hair in ponytail, yet she looked so dazzling under the sunlight. He leaned his body on the window door, taking his time to admire his soon-to-be-wife.

“I know you’re in there, Oh Sehun.” The girl said which had Sehun straightened his body.

“How do you know I’m here?”

Sangmi turned around, put the water-can near the pot and took off her gloves. “No one will come at this hour except you.” She chuckled, walking to him. “Are you bored? Or craving my food?”

Sehun’s face reflex turned into grin as he nodded his head. “I miss your cook that’s why I’m here.” He sulked.

“Well,” she slipped her hand into him, dragging both of them into the kitchen, “tell your chef what do you want?” She proudly asked as Sehun took a seat on the stool.

 

 

**

 

 

After Sehun finished with his brunch, they settled in Sangmi’s room, basking in the cool of air-conditioning and a soft melody from Sangmi’s player.

“You’re going to be fat if you doze off in my lap, Oh Sehun.” Sangmi joked, fingers threading into Sehun’s hair.

“You’re still going to marry me if I’m turning a fatty though.” Sehun laughed.

“Oh yeah,” Sangmi then pinched the boy’s nose which had he screams in pain, “tell me again something like that I’ll stop cooking for you.”

“No,” Sehun cried, hands curling around her waist, “I promise I won’t do that again.”

Sangmi stared him long, keeping her face straight before finally burst in laugh. “You’re easy being tricked, Hun.”

Sehun faked to be hurt and sat up, strangling the girl while tickling her. “I’m going to punish you, Choi Sangmi.” He warned the girl. “And don’t you think I’m going to be easy.”

The room filled with laughter and pleading while both of them rolling on the bed, messing up the sheet. The song long forgotten as Sehun held Sangmi close to him, relishing the moment. Soon he lost his stamina and stopped as he pulled the girl into his arms. Their heart beating so fast after the childish fight and Sangmi hit Sehun weakly on the chest because the torture.

Five minutes past and Sangmi sleep soundly beside him, body curled into his heat. But Sehun still had his heart beating so fast even after he catch his breath.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“I’ve collected the list from the committee about our upcoming field trip.” Junmyeon reported to Sehun while handing the paper. “Also I make sure the rest of members doing their job so the journey will be fun.”

“Thank you, Junmyeon.” Sehun put the document on the table and smiled to his secretary.

“It’s nothing.” Junmyeon smiled back. “Is there anything you want me to do?”

Sehun shook his head, “You can take a rest now.” Junmyeon nodded and excused himself, walking out from the room, leaving the President alone.

As the door closed, Sehun let a deep sigh as he leaned his body back to the chair, closing his eyes in process. Solitude was one of something he regarded with special favor because he could deliberate his problems consciously. But his condition with Sangmi was like an enigma and Sehun didn’t know how to solve it, like a puzzle in disarray. Nine years they spent together, no birthday they didn’t share in each other’s company, no New Year they didn’t share with their family and a hot chocolate in their hands, no Christmas they didn’t share without exchanging gift, nine years they spent growing up together and Sehun couldn’t grasp what feeling he has for Sangmi. There was no day when he didn’t call for her, there was no day when he didn’t go for her, there was no day when he didn’t text her, simply said, Sehun always put Sangmi in his radar so he knew Sangmi was okay, Sangmi was safe.

A message showed up on his phone, bringing him into conscious. His lips spread upon seeing the sender. It was only a simple text, a question his whereabouts and a reminder about lunch. But somehow it gave warm to his chest and an unusual feeling that made his body feel weird, his head spinning like mad.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Tell me again why we must go bowling with the guys?” Sehun stared at Sangmi through the mirror. “It’s a ing Saturday and there a lot of better things we can do instead going to a bowling center.”

“Come on, Sehun. It’s going to be fun,” Sangmi reasoned, “besides I’m planning to help Aerin getting close to Junmyeon.” She was busy putting on her make-up as her eyes didn’t meet Sehun.

“But we didn’t need to come, you can set them in−“ Sehun instantly shut his mouth up when Sangmi turned her body, eyes flaring an icy glare. “Fine,” he sighed dejectedly, “we’ll go.”

Sangmi smiled, “That’s my boy.” And she continued to groom herself.

 

 

**

 

 

When they arrived, the only people who played were Jongin and Chanyeol in their line side by side while the remaining three lines were empty. There Kyungsoo and his girlfriend Gayoung eating pizza, Seohae−Chanyeol’s girlfriend−was talking with Aerin, Sehun supposed, since he didn’t remember well Sangmi’s friends. Sehun thought the place must be booked only for them since he knew some of them didn’t like crowded place, so did with Sangmi.

“Finally the golden couple is here.” Yixing cheered, walking with Junmyeon.

“I’m sorry we’re late.” Sehun apologized.

“Yeah, it’s okay,” Yixing said, “I know you guys have an urgent business to take care of.” He smiled wickedly.

Sangmi blushed madly once she grasped the hidden meaning of Yixing’s words, “We’re not doing what you thinking, Zhang Yixing.” She cried. “Please save that imagination of yours in your head.” The other just stared at them strangely, and Sehun took the initiative to drag Sangmi down to sit so the atmosphere wouldn’t turn awkward.

“I think we can start the game now.” Jongin break the silence and the rest nodding their head.

 

 

**

 

 

They spent 2 hours in the bowling center before finally move to one café that open 24 hours and exhaust the times laughing in there.

“We should make a bonfire at night when we camp,” Chanyeol suggested, “then we can burn marshmallow and playing guitar, it’d be fun.”

“How much of marshmallows do you think we need to provide all the students, huh?” Sehun raised his eyebrows. “Don’t you add my work with that your stupid idea.”

“Hey, I’m just giving you an idea.” Chanyeol argued.

Sangmi swiftly took Sehun’s hand, preventing him to blow up. “I think it’s a good idea to make a bonfire.” She told the boy. “But maybe we don’t need the marshmallow part and just go with the guitar.”

Sehun didn’t answer and simply stared at Sangmi. Only when she squeezed his hand he sighed, “Fine, I’ll think about the bonfire and talk it with the teachers.”

The table then erupted in cheers and Chanyeol clapping his hands in victory. “All hail Choi Sangmi for taming the almighty Oh Sehun.”

Sangmi laughed while Sehun watched their friends irritatingly. “You guys are so annoying.” He grunted.

“But I know you love us as much as you love Sangmi.” Jongin snickered.

Once again the table burst in laugh while Sehun tried his best to now throwing the chair towards Chanyeol and Jongin. Even Yixing who quietly sat on the corner laughing his off and Sehun knew the boy was enjoying this so much.

“Anyway,” Chanyeol coughed, trying to regain himself from the laughing fit, “summer is almost coming and our last exam is just after the field trip. How about we go to my hotel where we can spend the holiday together?”

“That’s a good idea.” Yixing said immediately.

“Yeah, I agree with Yixing.” Junmyeon added.

The rest was giving the same answer with Yixing and Junmyeon until finally it was Sangmi and Sehun’s turn. But Sehun knew well if Sangmi said she wants to go, he didn’t have a choice besides following the girl, he couldn’t let she go alone anyway.

“We’ll go too right?”

Sehun nodded, giving the girl a smile on her face. “Yeah, we’ll go.”

 

 

a/n: i'm not pleased with this chapter to be honest, but story must go on. i hope you enjoy this ^^