Part 1

Secret Affair

 

At the age of 6, Sehun and Sangmi met for the first time.

 

Sangmi was talking with her mother about the presents when suddenly her father called for her mother and she left alone. She saw her parents talked with someone−who she assumed their friends, and then came a beautiful woman who hugged her mother tightly and shook hands with her father. Sangmi watched them talking animatedly when suddenly their gaze turned into a boy who stood behind his mother while smiling shyly. The boy dressed in a soft blue dress shirt and white pants, his brown hair styled up, and Sangmi thought, he looked like a young prince.

Her mother suddenly turned her gaze and smiling to her, probably talking about her to them. Her father then walked off to his working room with the boy’s father while the boy ran outside when Sangmi called by her mother.

“Sangmi, this is Mrs. Oh.” Her mother introduced the boy’s mother.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Oh.” Sangmi bowed politely. “I’m Sangmi.” She smiled.

“You’re so pretty like your mother.” Mrs. Oh crouched down so she eye level with Sangmi. “Nice to meet you too, princess.” She caressed her cheek. “Happy 6th birthday to you.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Oh.” Sangmi grinned at the greeting.

Second later, the boy showed up again while holding a big fluffy teddy bear in his arms while calling her mother. “Oh, he’s finally here.” Mrs. Oh stood up and called her son.

When their eyes met, the boy smiled to her and Sangmi felt her heart beating oddly fast. “Happy birthday,” He said. “This is for you.” He handed the teddy bear to her and she unconsciously hugged the fluffy doll in her arms. “Thank you,” Sangmi muttered.

“Sangmi, this is Mrs. Oh’s son, Sehun.” Her mother pointed to the boy.

Sehun then held his hand out, “Nice to meet you, Sangmi. I’m Sehun, Oh Sehun.” He smiled.

Sangmi took his hand, shaking their joined hand and smiled back. “I’m Sangmi. Nice to meet you.”

“Aw,” Suddenly Mrs. Oh squealed. “Look at our children so cute to be together.” She told Sangmi’s mother. “It will be good if we can be parents-in-law in the future, Soohyun.” Mrs. Oh laughed which followed by Sangmi’s mother.

 

 

At the age of 9, Sehun and Sangmi became inseparable.

 

It was a new semester at her 2nd year in elementary school when Sangmi saw Sehun again. Sangmi remembered her father said Oh Family was currently live in Japan for business and won’t come back to Korea for a while. But now the boy stood in front of her class, introducing himself to others, Sangmi realized the boy had changed. He was taller, his hair was shorter and he was more handsome than the last time they met. Sangmi could hear her friends whispering about Sehun, saying he was handsome and they wished they could be good friends with him. When the teacher told Sehun to sit on the empty chair beside Sangmi, her chair mate was shaking her body and all the eyes focused on Sehun who walked to his chair. When Sehun sat on his seat, he smiled to Sangmi, greeting her with long time no see and it had Sangmi being questioned by her chair mate and the girls’ curious gaze on her.

When the bell rang, Sehun was fast enough to ask Sangmi to eat lunch with him. He said he didn’t want to eat alone and it would awkward enough to eat with others. Sangmi agreed as they walked together to the school garden, since they both brought their lunch box and Sangmi told Sehun she likes to eat in the garden because it’s quiet and the view is beautiful. They didn’t talk much though, since Sangmi wasn’t actually know about Sehun, but the boy was eager to tell her his story about Japan and everything, and Sangmi glad she could be friends with Sehun.

It just happened naturally where Sehun and Sangmi always do everything together. Working on their homework together, eating lunch together, teamed up together when the teacher assigned them to do a group work, they slowly became a solid duos where everyone thought one couldn’t live without the other one.

 

 

At the age of 15, Sehun and Sangmi get engaged.

 

Sehun and Sangmi chose to enter the same middle school. The school life was different and unlike the elementary school, Sehun and Sangmi couldn’t partner up again in teamwork as they placed in different classes when their 2nd year started. With the different schedule that they had, they only could spend their lunch time together and their walk to school and back home. But it didn’t make them far from the question about their relationship.

Sehun had grown up into a handsome boy, his height rising drastically, turning the boy attractive in every girl eyes. Sangmi was aware about the circulated gossip about her and Sehun which made the other girls bad mouthing to her, yet she didn’t−try to not−mind it. Sometimes, there were girls who dare enough to cornering her, telling Sangmi that she should go away from Sehun’s side. Sangmi didn’t do anything as she just nodded and second later she was left alone by the girls. It made her thinking that her school life is really crazy and she wondered how Sehun would react if he know about the incident. But as much as she wanted to hide it, just about the time when Sehun found the little event and it surely made him furious.

Ever since that day, Sehun became protective and would always wait in front of Sangmi’s class. She thought Sehun was being excessive because people already knew about the accident−news spreading so fast−and they sure wouldn’t want to get into a problem with Sehun. If only Sehun wasn’t a stubborn, Sangmi would easily convince him that she’ll be okay without him on her side.

One day, when it times for Sehun and Sangmi’s family dinner together, their parents suddenly announced they’ve decided to arrange a marriage for Sehun and Sangmi in the future. At first, Sangmi just laughed, telling her parents to stop joking around. But Sehun’s mother told her they’re serious, and Sangmi turned to Sehun, expecting the boy to have the same reaction with her. However, the boy was calm as ever and told her that their parents already plan this for so long.

Sangmi was shock when her mom suddenly shoved a ring box to them, saying it was the engagement ring and Sehun’s mom said they want Sehun and Sangmi to exchange the ring now. Her head was spinning madly after perceiving what they just had said and Sehun without complain or question opened the box, taking the smaller ring and slid the circular band into her ring finger. After he had done, it was Sangmi turn to put the ring into Sehun’s and she didn’t know how her body moves by itself to slip the ring into Sehun’s ring finger.

And just like that Sehun and Sangmi became fiancée.

 

 

At the age of 18, Sehun and Sangmi’s love story started.

 

Eighteen mean responsibility. Eighteen mean maturity. Eighteen mean freedom.

Carrying the names after their father forced Sehun and Sangmi to keep their behavior on the right tracks. It like a burden put on their shoulder because they would become the next heir of their family in the future.

Enrolling into a prestigious school placed in the heart of Seoul, their parents wished Sehun and Sangmi could fulfill their responsibility and didn’t disappoint them. The said school itself was a place where they provided everything in finest standard, education, school’s amenities, in which make people compete to enter. But this school was built only for people like Sehun and Sangmi, the high classes people would take throne of their parents.

 

 

“Come to see your boyfriend?”

Sangmi rolled her eyes as she sat on the bench, “Shim Aerin, I told you many times that Sehun is not my boyfriend.” She told her. “Besides, Sehun is just recovered and I don’t want him to get hospitalized again because his stubbornness to join the practice.”

“You’re so sweet, Sangmi.” Seohae cooed from beside Aerin. “Just tell us that you’re worried about Sehun.” Aerin snickered.

“Yeah, yeah, keep going guys. I won’t listen to it anyway.”

The cheering loud boomed in the gymnasium when Sehun scored 3 points to their team. Sangmi watched how Sehun’s body covered in sweat, his hair stick to his forehead, his breathing fast and how his face become slightly pale as he chased the ball and tried to grab the ball from the opponent team. It was only their daily practice between the team itself, but Sehun acted like it was a real match and forced himself to make his team win. Sangmi knew the boy already tired yet he still continued to play. No one could stop him because he just so stubborn and Sangmi didn’t know how to change that.

Jongin suddenly fell and the practice came into a stop as Aerin got up and ran to him. It wasn’t that serious because Jongin laughed as Chanyeol helped him to stand up. The rest was lying on the floor after, while Sehun scurried to the side of field. Seohae was already on her way to her boyfriend Chanyeol when Sehun took the empty spot beside Sangmi on the bench.

 

“You’re forcing yourself, Sehuna.” Sangmi handed him the towel. “You know you just recovered. Dr. Zhang told you to rest, right?”

“I know,” Sehun took the bottle that Sangmi offered and gulping fast the water.

“You should have rest,” Sangmi told him. “Your mother won’t be happy is she knows about this. She won’t be happy if you get sick again.”

Sehun sighed, drying his hair and put the bottle aside. “I just can’t miss this, Sangmi. I’ve been busy with council and ditching the practice like nth times. It would jeopardize my position on the team if I keep missing the practice.” He explained.

“But still, you need a lot of rest. Your position in the council as president spent your energy enough and with your condition right now, you might get into the hospital bed again.”

Sehun laughed, hand patting Sangmi’s head. “You become like my mother, Sangmi, thinking and worrying too much.”

Sangmi swatted his hand and crossed her arms. “Can you just listen to me? Even just for once?” She pleaded.

“I’m sorry, Sangmi. But I can’t,” Sehun gave her a weak smile. “I know my body well as I physically and mentally sound now, you don’t need to worry.” He assured her. “And thanks for being worried,” He suddenly leaned closer, “my bride-to-be.” He finished by whispering on her ears.

Sangmi effectively blushed and stood up, “I−I’m going to wait you outside. Don’t be long.” And she stormed out from the gymnasium with Sehun laughing on the back.

Sometimes Sangmi just hate how Sehun could easily about their relationship, how he would call her my fiancée on special occasion and she would blush madly. It as if Sehun really enjoyed about their current status right now.

Their 3rd anniversary was on the corner yet they still cover up their relationship from people. The celebration wasn’t really their idea on the first place, it would their mother who pressed them to commemorate the day of remembrance with dinner. On their first anniversary, their mother held a small party with their close relatives and really, Sangmi had thought the guests who come were only their family and maybe some close friends of her and Sehun’s parents, but she was wrong, totally wrong, as people almost filled the said ballroom when she and Sehun entered. True there were some close friends which also a business partner of their parents, but when Sangmi thought their family, it only mean their family who lived in Korea or maybe overseas like Japan and China, not their family who lived in Europe and America. But Sangmi was glad she could enjoy the delightful time with their family and they blessed Sangmi and Sehun’s engagement.

Contrary to their first anniversary, their second anniversary was rather dull as it only Sangmi and Sehun who celebrated by dinner in one of the five star restaurant in Gangnam. Their parents were away to take care some business matter and they told their children they already booked a place for them to commemorate their 2nd year. The table filled with silence as they eat their food, and they only talk when they were finished and decided to go home. On their way home, Sehun unexpectedly ask her to go to the amusement park, telling her that maybe they should celebrate their anniversary by playing instead on having a boring dinner. Sangmi then agreed. It was just so fun and exciting to take almost the ride, and in the end of day, where the sky was orange and red, they took the ferries wheel and Sehun had kissed her on the cheek, whispering happy anniversary to her.

The thought on seeing Sehun more than bestfiend had dawn her when Seohae came to her house to sleepover during their winter break. It was midnight when they had heart-to-heart conversation, where Seohae confessed she already gave her ity to Chanyeol and Sangmi being ecstatic. She was happy for her friends but on the same time, she also thought that maybe Seohae and Chanyeol are going too fast because they were just 17 that time. But Seohae had told her that she sleep with Chanyeol not because of their raging hormones, but because Seohae trusted Chanyeol enough and she loved him, she loved him so much until her willing to give him her body. As Seohae finished her story, she asked Sangmi about her and Sehun, about what base they already went through. It had Sangmi taken aback as she hurriedly said she and Sehun are bestfriend. But Seohae was persistent enough as she kept asking her about Sehun, because for her it was ridiculous to see Sangmi and Sehun being bestfriend for years when in reality they acted like they were dating. Sangmi had denied, giving Seohae the explanation but the girl didn’t buy it.

 

Sangmi took the empty seat as she recalled the conversation between her and Seohae during their holiday. Since the start of the semester, Seohae’s words somehow kept replaying on her head. During their holiday, Sangmi rarely met with Sehun because the boy had fly, keeping his father company to visit their branch in The States. It shocked her when the boy suddenly showed up, looking handsome as ever, bringing her a lot of present from The States. Seohae had told her Sehun is a perfect man to her for being her boyfriend; it was true though, because the boy had gifted with his long legs, his shoulder broad with his lanky body but muscular enough, also his sharp jaw-line that made his face looked intimidating, but Sangmi knew well the boy was sweet enough. All the attention he gave to Sangmi was enough to say Sehun had feelings towards her, but of course Sangmi denied it again, saying to Seohae that it because they were grow up together, and it had become Sehun’s habit to pamper her. Now, after Sehun had turn 18 and soon it would her turn, it wasn’t that long until they graduate from school because time sure flying so fast, and their parents would inform the people about their engagement and maybe the date of their marriage. And Sangmi knew their parents actually wished she and Sehun could have date for real.

 

“Little princess?” Sangmi broke her thought as she heard her used pet name and looked up, only to find a familiar person stood up before her. “Junmyeon?”

“What are you doing here?” Junmyeon looked at her quizzically.

“Oh, I’m waiting for Sehun” Sangmi then patted the spot beside her, signaling Junmyeon to sit. “It’s been a long time, Junmyeon.”

The man laughed as he sat beside Sangmi, “Yeah, the same goes for me. I kind of busy with the council, since Sehun had absented for a few days and I need to take care everything on his behalf. Besides, I’m sure you’re busy to take care of Sehun too because I always see you going home in hurry.”

“Really?” Sangmi then ducked her head, suddenly feeling embarrass. “It’s just because Sehun’s parents wasn’t at home and I−“

“Sangmi, I understand.” Junmyeon told her. “I know you’re worried about Sehun. And the whole school knows about it too.” With this, Sangmi looked at Junmyeon who tried to stifle his laugh and she knew the boy was teasing her. “Junmyeon,” She whined, and Junmyeon burst out in laughing.

 

“Sangmi,”

 

Both Sangmi and Junmyeon turned their head and Sangmi’s heart suddenly beating so fast upon seeing Sehun’s darkened face, as if the boy wasn’t happy over something. “Am I disturbing your time?”

“N-no,” Sangmi reflex stood up. “Junmyeon is ju-just keeping me company while I wa-wait for you.” Sangmi explained.

Junmyeon was also standing up, giving his smile to Sehun. “I was walking to the parking lot when I see Sangmi sitting alone. She looked bored so I decided to give her company. I hope you’re not putting the wrong interpretation on this.”

Sehun only nodded, but Sangmi couldn’t help to not feel scared at his cold expression. “Let’s go home, shall we?” He held out his hand to Sangmi. And Sangmi took it immediately. “See you tomorrow, Junmyeon.”

“See you tomorrow.” Junmyeon said.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Sangmi threw her book to her locker angrily as she recalled her conversation with Sehun this morning. The boy had commanded her to wait for him until his class ended so they could go home together. She couldn’t understand why he suddenly changed, and he had been so tense these past few days, like something bothered him so much. Sangmi heaved a deep sigh and closed her locker rather harshly.

 

“It’s still early to abuse your locker,” Sangmi turned right and saw Luhan closing his locker.

“Good morning, Luhan.” She greeted.

“Morning to you too,” Luhan gave her salute as they started to walk to their class. “So, what’s happened? Who is the person that make you upset?” He asked.

“Nothing happened, just someone trying to boss around me.” Sangmi answered.

“It’s unusual to see you and Sehun have a fight,” Luhan commented. “You two are always in a perfect harmony.”

Sangmi then stopped and glared to Luhan, “And who said the person is Sehun?”

“Calm down, Sangmi.” Luhan held up both of his hands, as if asking for forgiveness. “I only assume it’s him.” He clarified. “But seeing you angry like this, I take it as yes.”

“Let’s talk about other things.” She said as she continued walking. “I don’t want to keep upset because of him.” Luhan then nodded.

They walked in silence through the corridor when Luhan remembered something. “Hey, Sangmi, we should work on our Business Marketing project soon.” He told her. “The due date is next week and I don’t want we make it in hurry.”

“Oh yeah, you’re right. I almost forget about it.” Sangmi stopped, because she should part away with Luhan as they had different classes. “How about we go to the café that just opened up on the next block and working there?” She suggested.

“I think it’s a good idea.” Luhan nodded her head. “I’ll see you in class after the lunch break.” Sangmi answered sure softly before they bid goodbye to each other.

 

 

~

 

 

“No wonder this café named heavenly because indeed their ice cream taste heavinly.” Luhan mused, scooping another spoon of strawberry ice cream into his mouth.

“We should,” Sangmi shook her head, correcting her words, “must go here again next time.” She sighed in bliss as she let her chocolate ice cream melted in .

Both of them then eat in silence, enjoying the dessert with happiness. Not long after that, Sangmi excused herself to the restroom, leaving Luhan alone. But Luhan realized the girl had forget to bring her phone and suddenly the device , flashing Sehun’s name on the screen.

“Hello,” Luhan greeted, but Sehun seemed surprise as he heard his voice.

“Who’s this? Where’s Sangmi?”

“This is Luhan,” He answered calmly even though Sehun had used an impolite voice before. “And Sangmi is in the restroom.”

“What are you doing with her? And where are you now?”

Sehun still raised his voice and it quite bothered Luhan, as if he was kidnapping Sangmi. “We’re working on our project in Heavenly café,” He tried to make his voice steady. “The café is block away from school.” He informed.

Sangmi then appeared from the bathroom and smiled to him. “Tell Sangmi I’m going there.” As Luhan smiled back, the connection was cut. “I’m sorry I pick up your phone call.” He said when Sangmi sat on her seat.

“It’s okay,” She smiled. “Who’s that?”

Luhan handed her phone back, “It’s Sehun.” He answered quietly.

Sangmi suddenly remembered about her conversation with Sehun this morning, and when she unlocked her lock screen, there were 25 missed calls from Sehun. “,” She cursed lowly. Sehun was probably mad at her because she didn’t answer her phone and she was so stupid for make her phone in silent mode.

“He said he’s going here.” Luhan told her again.

Sangmi looked up, gazing at Luhan’s worried eyes. “I figure.”

 

 

~

 

 

Sangmi kept her eyes on the window and refused to open . She couldn’t believe Sehun would scold her in front of Luhan just because she forgets to wait for Sehun. And really, was he need to throw his fit when people watching? Thankfully, the boy didn’t try to talk to her because she wasn’t sure if she can hold her emotion.

Her house came into the view, and when Sehun stopped his car, she got off without saying anything. She was so angry, furious at Sehun until she couldn’t mutter a word. She walked past her maid who greeted her, saying sorry in her heart for not replying. She just wanted to be alone in her room so she could calm herself.

When she reach her bedroom, she closed the door harshly, not minding the loud sound and her maids who probably shock because her behavior. She threw her bag to the corner as she sat on her bed facing the window, her arms reached for her teddy bear and brought it to her embrace. Without she realized, tears came flowing down, damping her cheeks. The salty liquid kept streaming as she started to breathe hardly.

She wasn’t the type who would easily cry, no, even during her childhood, she wasn’t often crying. But when she shed her tears, it sure because something valuable, or because she had hold up her emotion she broke down.

The door suddenly being open and she knew exactly who it was. “Sangmi,” She hurriedly wiping her tears and took a deep breath. “I don’t want to talk with you, Sehun.”

But the boy didn’t listen to her and closed the door, taking steps to her. “Sangmi, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t−“

“I don’t need your explanation, Sehun.” Sangmi cut him. “Leave me alone.” Her tears once again gathered on her eyes and she didn’t want Sehun to see her like this.

“Sangmi, listen to me.” Sehun pleaded. He carefully sat on her side and reached for her arms, “I’m sorry,” He said again, “I know I shouldn’t yell at you in public like that, moreover there’s Luhan.” He sighed. “I just so worried when you’re not pick up your phone. When I tried to find you in school, your friends told me you’re left already, and I thought−“

“You thought what?” Sangmi finally turned to Sehun. “You thought I got kidnapped? You’re over thinking, Sehun. No one would want kidnap me. Besides I’m old enough to go wherever I want.” She shouted. “Don’t you know how weird you act for these past few days? Forbidding me to go with my friends, commanding me to wait for you, you’re putting a cage around me, Sehun.” She cried. “I hate you for doing that to me. I hate you,” The bear on her arms fell as Sehun pulling her into his arms.

“I’m sorry, Sangmi. I’m sorry.” Sehun breathed, tightened his hold. “I’m doing this because I don’t want something bad happen to you.”

Sangmi then retreated her body from Sehun as she cupped his face, “Nothing bad will happen to me, Sehun. I can take care of myself.” She assured him. “Please trust me on this,” She begged, “you can put a tracker app on my phone if it can make you sure that I’m safe.” Sehun didn’t answer as he pulled Sangmi into his arms again. “You’re precious too me, Sangmi. I can’t−“

“Hun, please.” Sangmi pleaded, hands tugging on his shirt. After a while, she heard the boy sigh. “Fine, I’ll trust you.” He muttered. Sangmi then smiled contentedly as she tightened her hugs on Sehun. 

 

 

a/n: i'm sorry to change the plot and everything, but i hope you like this one. don't forget to comment

*p.s: totally un-betaed