Chinese Buddies

Chinese Buddies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meili was walking along in the park enjoying the cool air and watches the trees sway side by side. She saw a bench beside a big tree and sat on it. Minutes later, someone talked.

"It is so peaceful here isn't it?" the stranger said. Meili tilted her head sidewards and she nearly gasped when she saw the most angelic face on earth. She stared at him for a few minutes when a hand snapped in front of her face. She was startled and looked away with her face flushed. She was really embarrassed by now.

The guy chuckled. "Do i really look like an angel?" he Asked teasingly. Meili looked at him abruptly. "Sorry?" The guy shook his head. "Nevermind."

You frowned and leaned back on the bench. "I said, it is beautiful here isn't it?" he repeated. Meili was about to answer 'yes' when the phone of the guy rang. He mouthed "Excuse me." to Meili and fished his cellphone in his pocket and answered it.

Meili was surprised when she heard the strange man speak in Chinese. She was so happy to know that there were already Chinese people who lives near their neighborhood. Now, she was curious about this guy, she wants to know his name and where does he live in China.

The conversation of the guy on the phone has ended. He turned to Meili, "I have to go. See you around next time." he said and ran away. Meili sighed. I didn't even asked his name. She sulked on her seat.

Meili or Wang Meili is a full blooded Chinese but her parents dragged her along here in Korea for their business and her studies. They will just go home in China to visit their relatives to spend Christmas and sometimes to have a vacation.

The next day, Meili went to the park again on the same exact time and sat on the bench beside a big tree. She just want to make sure if she would meet the stranger again.

Lucky for her when a voice popped behind her. "You're here again?" she looked up and she saw the guy. He sat on the other end of the bench. Meili didn't tear her gaze at the man.

"What Is there something on my face?" the guy asked and started to touch his face. Meili woke up from her trance and shook her head. "A-ah nothing." she stuttered. The guy laughed. Meili creased her brows. "Why are you laughing?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing. It is beautiful here isn't it?" he asked changing the topic. Meili nodded "Yeah. Yesterday was my first time here actually." she confessed. "Oh is see." the guy said.

"Uh can I asked you something?" Meili asked while playing with her fingers. "What is it?"

"Are you Chinese?" he looked at her. "Yes how about you?" Meili's eyes twinkled and nodded enthusiastically. "Yes!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter