Goodbye Days

Sanctuary

 

Sulli turned up to be a smart and pretty girl. Everyone envied her and everyone wanted to be with her. Jessica watched her grew up but he had no idea that she’ll end up so much like her mother.

 

“Daddy, why are you staring too much? And also, aren’t we going back to Korea?” Sulli asked his father as she carries some box inside.

 

“We are baby, don’t worry”, he replied.

 

“Dad, I’m no longer a baby. I’m twenty nine already”, she protested.

 

Jessica laughed at his daughter’s remarks. He also shared Sulli’s feelings in going back to Korea. That feeling grew each year they visit. Jessica never once forgot what he had promised.

 

“Hi uncle!” Krystal shouted when he got back from his work.

 

“Krystal! You’re late! I told you to go home with Sulli”, he angrily said.

 

“I just went somewhere first”, he said before revealing a bouquet of flowers to Sulli.

 

Jessica just smiled at his effort but Sulli knew better. She took the flowers and put it on vase and poured in some water to keep it fresh.

 

“Just to clear things out Krystal, I’m not accepting you or anything. I just feel sorry for the flowers”, Sulli replied with a teasing smile.

 

“Eh, when would you say yes to me?” he asked Sulli.

 

“Wait till ten years, then maybe, just maybe I’ll say yes”, she replied without thinking.

 

“What?! Ten years?! That’s so…hmm, ten years? We’re twenty nine now… What?! We’re old by then! Argh, nevermind that! Uncle! You heard her, she’ll say yes to me after ten years!” he said happily setting aside the long wait.

 

“Don’t involve me with your affairs Krystal”, Jessica flatly replied.

 

Jessica just watched the two bicker, while laughing at each other’s’ remarks to one another.

 

“I’ll wait for you even for the next ten years, twenty years, and thirty years or even fifty years just for you to say those three letters I’ve been waiting to hear”, Krystal said to Sulli.

 

“Argh, whatever. I don’t care. Suit yourself”, Sulli then gave up.

 

A week had past and only Jessica and Sulli went back to Korea. They had to do this on their own. They went directly to Tiffany’s grave as soon as they arrived in Korea to pay her some respect. The grave was filled with toys and pink stuffs they gave during the previous years of their visit. All neatly place like it was untouched for all this years.

 

“Hey”, a familiar face greeted them.

 

“Hi Yoona, did you do all of this?” Jessica asked.

 

“No. Yuri and Sooyoung helped out”, she answered back.

 

Sooyoung and Yuri together with Hara arrived just then, and Sooyoung was holding a small girl.

 

“Hey there my friend. It’s been a long time”, Sooyoung stated.

 

“Yeah, how’s everything here?” Jessica asked.

 

“It’s all good, nothing for you to worry about”, Sooyoung replied.

 

The group paid their respect in front of Tiffany’s grave. After praying, Jessica asked the group if he could be alone with her for a while. They all smiled at him and did what Jessica asked. The group decided to chat on their cars as Sulli comes with them. Jessica on the other hand, stood there looking at her grave when Tiffany appeared before him…again.

 

“Hi”, was the only word he said to her.

 

“It’s been how many years, twenty? And you only say ‘hi’?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Sorry…it’s just been so long since I last saw you”, he said.

 

“You always look at my pictures so you see me every single time of the day”, she replied with a smile.

 

“HAHA, you got me. Oh well, maybe I’m just missing you”, he said the last words like whisper.

 

“Of course, if you didn’t, you won’t see me”, she said sarcastically.

 

Jessica and Tiffany continued with their conversation oblivious to the fact that the group can hear them him talking to himself.

 

“They say that if a person passed away suddenly, it would take a while for you to adjust”, Sulli suddenly mouthed.

 

“Sulli, where are you going with this?” Hara asked her.

 

“It means you could still see them unless you accepted the fact that they’re gone”, she answered as she looks at her dad and her mom.

 

“But Jessica did that a long time ago”, Sooyoung added.

 

“Daddy did, but he missed mommy so much that his brain had given him this last chance to talk to her again”, she said as she continues to look at her dad. “The more you long for that person, the greater the chance you’ll see them again”, she added.

 

Jessica just talked to Tiffany about what had happened from the past years.

 

“Jessi…” Tiffany cut his speech.

 

“Yes Tiffany?” he asked.

 

“…it’s already time for me to go”, she sadly replied.

 

Supressing his tears he pursed his lips. “Okay Tiffany. I’ll see you later”, he replied as he looks at her grave.

 

Sighing heavily, he caress Tiffany’s grave as he looks up into the sky, a smile was then plastered on his lips as his tears escaped his eyes. A soft gust of wind circles around him as he close his eyes feeling his wife’s last embrace to him and finally letting out his last tears.

 

 

 

≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞≈∞

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

---

YES! YOU READ RIGHT.

Sanctuary has come to an end. *aww. I'm really sorry for this sad fanfic but we just had the urge to write this one out. So how's the flow of the story? :) 

Thank you for all the readers who read SANCTUARY, we HIGHLY APPRECIATE all your efforts on reading and also in commenting. Thank you Thank you! 

Goodbyes are Sad, but there will always be Next time. ^^ So till then, we'll be signing off.