Frozen

Frozen

Main casts: Kim Minseok, Kim Youngtae (OC)

Other casts: Kim Jongdae as Youngtae’s cousin, other 2 EXO members (go find them)

Length: 3459 words

A/N: enjoy...?

~~

Sometimes, he froze people with his cold words….

                It was Youngtae’s first week in high school when a school thug with built body (A/N: he’s a freshman too) ran into her cousin, Jongdae, in the locker hall mostly filled with freshmen. You know what happen then, right? The thug got angry and tried to punch Jongdae on the face, even though it was totally his fault. But nobody there dares to speak because they don’t want to end up in infirmary or worse, the hospital.

                “Don’t you have eyes?!” exclaimed the thug angrily. He raised his hand to give a punch.

                Suddenly, a loud snicker can be heard. All attention soon replaced to the average tall boy with spikey hair and chubby cheeks who just closed his locker. “Pfft..it was obviously the chicken who walked around superiorly and have no time to check on where he was walking. And he blame other for having no eyes? That chicken must be blind..” The boy said scoffingly. Everyone there only gasped.

                “What did you just call me?” The thug shoved Jongdae away and stepped angrily towards the chubby boy. Jongdae immediately moved beside Yongtae while still clutching his chest.  They both watched the scene in front of them with horror.

                “Oh? Did i call you? I just recalled a story about a blind chicken... What? Do you feel like that?” The boy turned his head, smirking.

                Youngtae’s breath hitched as she looked at the boy’s stare. Although it’s not directed at her, she still could feel the arrogance and coldness of the stare. Somehow it froze her.

                “You! How dare you!?” The thug grabbed his collar harshly.

                The boy only stared at the thug still smirking. The stare looked like it could see through, and managed to scare the thug. The boy’s face now showed like he knows everything. Feeling insecure, the thug pushed the boy.

                “You know, Hwijae-ssi…” the thug shocked by the fact the boy knew his name. “..I don’t think pushed your school’s football captain will make you join the team. If I’m not mistaken, you were a good football player back in junior high school, right Jang Hwijae-ssi from class 1-5?”

                The thug stiffened.

                 “I was pleased when I heard you’ve made it to our school, but you know what? I never wanted a pathetic mindless guy to fill up my team, that kind of guy who is very snob. So, if you ever come to our team, prepare to get a big NO.” for each word of his last sentence, the chubby boy stepped closer to the thug. Despite his mean words, his smirk still plastered. And his stare remains.

                “I..I..” the thug stuttered. Indeed, it was his bad day. The chubby boy then pushed the thug away and walked rather coolly, towards the corridor. Everyone in the hall stared in awe but soon busying themselves as the chubby boy turned and put a what-are-you-looking-at glance. His glance stopped at the two cousins and smirked. Then he walked through the corridor.

                Jongdae was the first to open his mouth, “Oh my God, noona... Wasn’t that cool? He saved me! I must thank him later…But how do I find him? He did say he’s football captain right?” He looked at his older cousin who just standing there with her wide-open doe-eyes.

                “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” he nudged her make her gasped. “Oh! Uhm… nothing.” she finally answered. Jongdae just looked at her strangely.

                “Okay… let’s get going then…” said him, unsure with his cousin’s answer. They walked to their class with Jongdae still talking about earlier incident and how he wanted to thank the boy, while Youngtae seems a bit off.

                 Without her knowing it, the chubby boy’s voice and stare still lingering. Cold sweats were running from her forehead, her heart pounding. What is it? She felt… scared?

~~

 

Sometimes, he froze people with his lame joke…

                It is Youngtae’s second year when she walked down to his cousin’s hangout place; the football club’s room.

Slight flashback, after the last year incident Jongdae found the chubby boy. His name is Kim Minseok, a year above them. And Jongdae made it to the football club to thank him. He loves football beforehand, though. It’s a win-win solution for both.

They’re both became a best friend, surprising Youngtae. But never at once she interacts with Minseok. She’s still afraid by him without reason. She can’t stand his voice, stare, and smirk. Her cousin once asked her, she herself doesn’t know though.

As she about to open the club’s door, she heard laughs from the inside. It must be because Jongdae’s jokes about food he found today, she thought. After all, her cousin loves sharing jokes. She almost knocked the door when she heard that voice.

Minseok’s.

“Do you know what will happen if you step on a corn cereal?” The laughs stopped. Thinking that they’re paying attention, Minseok continued. “You’ll be a cereal-killer.”

The room turned into silence, a long awkward silence. That was a lame and crispy joke for the whole room. Jongdae, being the nice one there only let a small laugh, “Seriously, hyung? That was lame! Haven’t I told that before?” –Okay, that was not so nice.

“Yah! I’m just trying… why is nobody laughing?” Minseok grumbled, Youngtae sure he also pouted. She let a small chuckle.

“Who’s out there?” asked Minseok still with his grumpy voice, feeling ashamed if someone outside heard his humiliating lame joke.

Crap! She thought. Hurriedly, she turn her heels, she can’t get caught eavesdropping right?

Unfortunately, the door opened before she could leave the scene.

“Noona? What are you doing here?” She breathed sigh of relief. It was Jongdae.

“Uhm… nothing, I just wanted to ask you when you’re gonna finish your pra…” her words were cut by other voice.

There, he stood before Jongdae with his infamous stare. “Who is it?” his cold grumpy voice asked. Youngtae watched him in her shocked doe-eyes. Unconsciously, she ran back to the hall she was before, leaving the two boy in confuse. Her face was flushed.

“What the…?” Minseok was astonished.

“Your face was scary, hyung… No wonder she ran.” Jongdae only grinned watching his flustered cousin and confused hyung.

~~

Sometimes, he froze people with his stare…

                The two cousins were enjoying the breeze in one of corridor’s window at the second floor that showing the school’s field. School has ended, but they still have time before going to their own after-school activities; Jongdae with his football and Yongtae with his student council meeting. They’re talking casually, throwing each other jokes.

                But sudden outburst from Jongdae nearly choked her.

                “Yah, noona… How long have you had crush on Minseok-hyung?” he asked nonchalantly, he had sensed something about his cousin since long time ago.

                Youngtae widen her eyes. “What? I-I’m not! Ne-never!”

                “Then why do you always acting weird around him?” he scoffed.

                “Like… what?”

                “You know, you always runaway every time you meet him…”

                “It… is not because I have crush on him… I’m… Scared! Yeah, I’m scared of him.” She answered convincingly. Jongdae squinted towards her. “What?” she asked with uncomforted feeling.

                “He is very intimidating, you know. His stare was piercing, voice menacing. That makes me uncomfortable. Somehow he froze me… His smirk… is cute though. ” She continued unconsciously.

                Jongdae chuckled. “You froze whenever you see him?” She thought for a bit then nodded.

“You stiffened each time you hear his voice?” She quickly nodded.

                “But you like his smirk?” He asked again, scoffing.

She looked puzzled. Not nodding nor shaking her head. She likes it a bit, maybe.

                “And lastly,” Jongdae smirked, enjoying his cousin’s confusion. “Does your heart, by any chance, skip a beat for him?”

                She stiffened. Yes, sometimes she felt that. And then when Minseok’s no longer around her, her heart beats rapidly. Was it because…

                Sudden realization hit her. Her face now looked like she just witnessed a murder, which amusing her cousin.

                “Yah! Kim Jongdae! Get the hell down here!” A loud yell comes from the field. They both shocked and immediately turned their head to the field, which make Youngtae regret. It was Minseok.

                Jongdae hissed, “Oh crap! The practice almost started!”

                Youngtae looked at him then back to the field. She saw Minseok already set his stare at them. Damn, those stare!

                Quickly, she ducked her head, biting her lips. Jongdae only chuckled by her antics movement.

                “Chin up, noona. He’s not that scary.”

                “Shut up! Just leave!” exclaimed her.

                Minseok’s yell was heard again, “Kim Jongdae! If you don’t get here, prepare yourself for the worse!” Youngtae flinched at the voice. Her cousin found it amusing, but he doesn’t want to get scolded by his chubby hyung. He then yelled back to the field with a smirk.

                “Wait for me hyung! I’ll be there in a sec!” he turned to Youngtae. “I guess I have to go. Stop hiding, noona. Or else he would never recognize you~” He laughed and ruffled his cousin’s hair.

                “Aish! Go! You little brat! I don’t have any crush on him!” hissed Youngtae at his slowly disappearing figure.

                A moment later, she peeked through the window, still hiding half of her flushed face. Jongdae had already arrived at the field with panted breaths after changing his uniform, apologizing to the sulky Minseok. Of course,the latter glaring at him.

                He looked up so suddenly making Youngtae startled. Their eyes finally met; only for three seconds and her mind went blank, until she stood abruptly and ran for her life to who-knows-where.

                “Yah! What the hell!” Minseok barked while running his hand through his hair desperately.

                “What happened hyung? Something matter?” asked Jongdae.

                “Uhm... no… it’s just,” the chubby boy sighed, “That girl whom you talked to before… your girlfriend?” he asked unsurely.

                Jongdae tilted his head confused. Then he turned to his hyung’s eyes were seeing, the window where he and Youngtae were talking. “Aaah… You mean Youngtae-noona? Why?”

                “She always runs whenever she saw me like I’m a serial-killer or something; (“You’re a cereal-killer, hyung. LOL.” commented Jongdae, earning a smack on the head). What’s wrong with her? Have I done something bad to her?” said him slightly annoyed.

                “Maybe… you’re just too clueless sometimes, hyung. Why? You interested in her?” asked Jongdae, wiggled his eyebrows and nudged his hyung.

                “What… me? No… but… She’s your girlfriend right? She always with you since, I don’t know…” Minseok stuttered.

                Jongdae grinned excitedly at his hyung’s exactly same with Youngtae’s reaction. He never knows his hyung actually notice her from the beginning. Okay, let’s see…

                “So what if she’s taken, that doesn’t mean you can’t like her right? You sure you don’t like her?”

                “It’s not that easy. I don’t go around snatching someone else’s girl, dude. She’s avoiding me though.” Minseok’s face turned serious. He bit his bottom lips with guilt. He admit himself, he had attracted to the girl since that day he saved Jongdae, albeit the way she keeps avoiding him. But the girl is happened to be his best friend’s girl.

                “You like her, though.” said the younger nonchalantly. Minseok’s expression turned darker, he muttered ‘sorry, I don’t mean it’.

                Jongdae chuckled amusedly at his hyung’s seriousness. “LOL, hyung… you’re way too serious. She’s not my girlfriend. She’s Kim Youngtae, my lovely cousin.”

                Minseok looked up, “What? I thought…” he smacked the younger’s head after realized his shameful words before. He silently let out a sigh of relief. “Ouch!” cried Jongdae.

                “Yah! I thought she’s your girlfriend!”

                “Haha, I’m sorry hyung. You never said anything to me before. I’m sorry I never introduce you to her. I have no idea you like her.” defended the younger, slightly giggled.

                Minseok only glare him to death. Then he sighed. “It’s okay… she hates me, right?” he slumped down his shoulder.

                “From what she told me, it’s not hate, hyung…” Jongdae adjourned his words.

                The chubby’s head snapped. “What? You know something? Did she tell you something? Why she keeps avoiding me?” asked him impatiently like a five years old, clinging to his dongsaeng’s hand.

                The younger watched in disbelief. He knew though, despite his cool appearance, his hyung could act hyper. He just rarely shows it. “You really want to know, hyung?”

                His hyung nodded. He found it very very amusing.

                “You may meet her after school, hyung… after her student council meeting. Now, we should practice, shouldn’t we?” scoffed Jongdae while walking backward to the field, leaving his hyung in his lost thought.

~~

But, he mostly froze me with his presence…

                The school corridors still stuffed with students who had finished their after-school activities or studies. Youngtae walked away from student council’s room with a sigh. Her mind kept wander off during the meeting; she didn’t even catch what the meeting was about. She’s lucky the student’s president didn’t notice hers absence of mind; or maybe he did notice and just put on his angelic smile. But still she got scolded by the mean -faced vice-president who noticed her behavior.

                She strolled down to the locker corridor, muttered ‘Stupid Jongdae, disturbing my peaceful mind, talking nonsense.’, ‘I don’t have any crush.’, and ‘no… right… do I?’ while scratching her hair. She continued her thoughts before. Does she really have a crush over him? Wasn’t it just an intimidated feeling, or else? She really had no idea. But one thing she sure after exchanging words with Jongdae earlier, she may freeze whenever she looked right in Minseok’s stare; her heart beats rapidly otherwise.

                On the other side, Minseok was walking from the opposite corridor, thinking hard about how he should approach Jongdae’s cousin. Wouldn’t it be weird if he just came to her? Besides, he still can’t figure why the girl keeps running away. If it’s not hate, what would it be? True is what Jongdae has said, he’s so clueless.

                Speaking of the devil, he caught a glimpse of other person a couple meters away in front of him. Even in the middle crowd of students walking towards the locker corridor, he knew who it was. Yep, it was her.

                The girl, Youngtae, immediately stopped her mutters when she saw Minseok was looking at her. Her breath hitched and just stood there frozen. They stood there minutes later, don’t know what to do; Minseok stared at her blankly – she took it as his usual intimidating stare. The back of her mind said she should run like she always done. But her legs just nailed on the floor.

                Soon, the tense suffocated them both. The boy decided to speak, “Uhm… can we talk for a moments?”

                Only a simple sentence flew out from his mouth, could made Youngtae fidgeted. Suddenly, she turned and ran for her life back at the corridor she had walked. Startled by her sudden movement, Minseok immediately ran after her. “Yah! Wait!” he yelled.

                One thing he always bragged about is his running ability. But now it seems that it’s useless when he was running in the crowd. He kept mumbled sorry as he bumped to any single person. He also yelled to stop the girl he was chasing after. Some people stared at them weirdly, questioning what was actually happened. The girl continued running, though. She’s lucky having a slender body, easily slide off the crowd. She heard the boy yelled but no, she don’t think to desist.

                Aish! What is her name? Didn’t Jongdae say it twice? It was nearly his name… Minseok thought desperately. Sighed, he started calling names, half-shouted half-questioned.

                “Yah! Kim Byoungtae? No… Kim Jongtae! Wait… wrong! Aish!”

                Upon hearing those names were yelled, Youngtae frowned. Did he just try to call me?

                Finally he could remember the girl’s name, “Yah! Kim Youngtae! You better stop or I’ll haunt you forever!” he shouted, didn’t know his words may scare the girl more. They now running in the deserted area of the corridor –Minseok stopped to yell.

                Youngtae legs and heart froze. She never knew her name could come out from the boy’s lips. She turned her head unconsciously hold her breath and saw Minseok still catching his.

                The boy’s head then snapped up while collecting his breath, his eyes showed upset. “You… You better have a good explanation on why you ran away before, Kim Youngtae!” demanded him only to find the girl flinched. She seemed to lose her ability to speak under that infamous glare piercing right through her eyes.

                “Why you keep avoiding me? Have I done something bad to you? Do you… do you hate me?” he asked, his voice softened slowly. He knows some people hate him for his nonchalance and blunt personalities, he never do it on purpose though. Plus the fact his eyes always form an intimidating glare even when he doesn’t mean it. Yet, he just doesn’t want this girl to be scared of him.

She looked at him in disbelief as she saw the glare on the boy before her turned into defeated and sad looks. Is it because of her? She still can’t catch words to answer him. But she shook her head, enough for the boy to take it as an answer.

                “Then… why?”

                She gasped and looked away, still speechless. A long silence happened.

                Being an impatient boy as always, Minseok raised his voice a bit, “Answer me, Kim Youngtae.”

                Startled, she looked back at him. That menacing voice but sounded desperate, she knows if she doesn’t answer him it would make him more desperate. No, surely she doesn’t want it. Even though she is afraid of him -to think of it now just like her cousin had said, it’s not afraid feelings though-, she better seeing his usual glare than his sad state.

                She inhaled, taking some courage to speak, then locked her eyes into the boy’s, “I…”

                Minseok’s eyes widen. Wow, finally she’s speaking…

                “I just don’t know…” she whispered.

                “What do you mean?” he stepped closer.

                The girl straightened herself and gripped her skirt, took a deep breath again.

                “It just… from the first time, you made me froze to death. There’s something in your eyes… your stare, the way you look at people is so cold… I know you didn’t mean it, it’s still scary though. And then… then the way you… smile or grinned, whatever…” stuttered, she managed to ramble. Minseok thought she’s speaking too fast yet he could catch her words. He tilted his head in confusion. If only the girl is not too focused with her words, she would find it cute.

                Then she continued as her grips on her skirt tightened, “Everything that comes from you… take myself down. I ran because… I think I may die by the way you stare, speak, laugh, or even just by the way you smirk… my heart beats uncontrollable. I’m just afraid that I might…,” her voice become nearly confident and a bit of angry. Yes, she’s angry about how the boy could make her vulnerable without he even trying. Yes, she’s angry because she has to admit Jongdae was right –and she really hates it when that cousin of her was right. And last, she’s angry because she of all time stubbornly mistaken her own feeling…

                “I… might… like you, sunbae…” she sounded faintly. She almost shocked by her own words.

                The sudden expression change of her face and the confession of the girl caught him off guard. He found it cute at how the girl was afraid at first then raised her confidence then sounded angry, yet let out a small whimper of declaration.

                Oh… so that’s it…

                Minseok smirked and walked one step closer. “So… you may like me?”

                Youngtae only closed her eyes and nodded, not wanting to catch Minseok’s stare. She stays nailed in her standing position. She heard Minseok getting closer, step by step. What the heck did I just blurt?

                Now she sure he’s standing only a step in front of her.

                “Are my stares scare you?” asked the boy, Youngtae could feel the smirk. She nodded hesitantly.

                “And my presence froze you?” his hand now brushed her face. She flinched at the touch. Her mind was panicking.

                The boy amusedly watched her expression. Then he closed the gap between them. “Now tell me, Youngtae…” he whispered.

                Suddenly he pecked her lips. Youngtae opened her eyes out of shock. She felt her face heated, her cheeks blushed, and her mind went blank. Minseok held a giggle and examining Youngtae’s reaction. Her doe-eyes widen in pure surprise, very cute for Minseok’s liking. He pinched her cheeks and showing a genuine smile he rarely show. Youngtae’s heartbeat is up to the max.

                “Did I just froze you or did I just burn you up?”

~END~

A/N: That was lame… sorry. Btw, this is my first English story, so basically I just got language’s block here...

I LOVE KIM MINSEOK GAWD 

please do comment ^^