One Miraculous Monday Changed The Status Quo

Sewing Her Love

Thrilling Thursdays were only a small segment of what was to come for Myungsoo and Suzy. One miraculous Monday, Suzy was not floating away in her personal bubble, face tucked between 2 pages of a novel. In fact she, for the first time since her first year, was queuing up in line at the canteen. Like the young responsible lady she was, she didn't want to cause a hassle for her parents by asking for lunch money, so she packed a lunch box everyday. Everyday but that miraculous Monday.

 

Counting the seconds and the minutes passing away on her white diamond studded Swarovski watch she contemplated whether if lunch was all that worth it. Then again her doctor did warn her...

Gwaaooaahh~

 

"Was that my stomach?!" She thought aloud. Fearful of being heard she darted her head about in multiple directions. Luckily a chubby first year was directly behind her rubbing his oversized tum in hunger. She bit her lips, containing the giggles urging to gurgle out from the depths of . Her lips shaped into a petite sheepish pout as she twirled the ends of her hair. A small congratulations were made to herself for being discreet with her "health issues."

 

As she praised herself another important figure made his way across the vast room. His eyes, initially scanning for his lunch on legs, happened instead to discover another specimen.

Finally escaping the line with her small scrapings of rice and some side dishes she quickly made her way to the exit. But her getaway was momentary. The second she tore her head away to look the canteen up, down and all around for a short farewell, guess who caught her eye?

The dinner lady? A teacher? The hall monitor? The librarian - for an overdue book - though that would never happen. Or maybe even the Head teacher - for a commendation! No, no, no, no and no. You guessed wrong. It was Kim Myungsoo of course! And rest assured he’ll notice her. She didn't even get a spare second to herself before his clear bell voice ringed throughout the room.

 

"Suzy-ah~ Come join my table!" Were they friends now? Unlikely... Brash Myungsoo barely gave it a thought before hollering her over. The year was closing in on the dreaded exam dates and if he didn't act now he'd be drowning in a sea of revision textbooks and cram school. To study, or not to study? Easy. To not. By flirting with his one and only prize love.

The echo of his voice still rung in the air, as if it really were a bell. Or maybe that was the eery silence of the students as their noise switched to mute. Out of respect their heads turned away, pretending to be busy eating their lunches obviously. When in all honesty not even a single crunch of a lettuce leaf could be hear`d. Their nosy ears pricked up like satellites, in search of useful data. In this case in search of juicy goss.

 

"What now?!" She cried helplessly to herself, a soft whimper escaping her lips. Her steps were too slow this time. She's been hooked, lined and sinkered. The walk of shame was fortunately not that long. However the following scene` dragged out as long as Parliament's debates.

"Annyeonghaseyo Myun-"

"Why so formal Suzy-ah?? We practically see eachother everyday.."

"You seem to be wrong there `Myungs-ss.." The dreaded had happened! She was tongue-tied. Since he` was "practically" speaking to her like common friends why shouldn't she too?!

"Cat got your tongue Suzy-ah?" He smirked, knowing he had the upper hand.

"Aniyo.. Myungsoo-ah.I'm just being myself." ASA! She did it! Finally dropped the honorifics on the likes of him. Her peculiar conscience kicked herself a little. Don't get too happy!

"Mmm.. well you can just relax in fr- " Right in the eye, just before Myungsoo could continue his baffling, she, Bae Suzy, sat down. Seemingly ignoring him, the whole canteen was in shock. The clatter of cutlery could be heard over the soft whispers being passed on not so discretely.

She did not just dismiss the Kim Myungsoo did she?! This was something to confer about. Definitely in said person's mind. He himself was confused. Suzy left him standing in room 13a on Thursdays always. But not when he was talking midway. The abrupt change left him stunned. Though he wasn't going to point that out. Even if he was slightly offended, (yet charmed) by her suddenly sitting down like he didn't even invite her, and picking up her chopsticks to commence eating. She finally looked up, a single grain of rice stuck right above her lip.

"You were saying, Myungsoo-ah?" As hungry as she was, she was unaware. The tittering of irritating jabber barely taking effect on her. However for the male of the table he was at least to the nth degree receptive of his surroundings. The audience tuned in as if Sukira were to air their last show ever. Their ears are prying for more. To them this was a miraculous Monday. Their plain old schedules were kicked up a notch with a little new spice added to the mix.

He was talking to her.

Both cold with an ambience to them, the pair was unlikely. Their reserved selves usually should put off people, right? But with Myungsoo and Suzy, it was different. He only limited himself to one girl. Park Jiyeon. She? She was just completely exclusive. Yet he drew girls to him, like moths to a flame. And she drew boys to her all the like. Still these admirers all had an unspoken rule of no one, absolutely no one speaking to their figure of adoration. So in a sad sort of a way, Myungsoo and Suzy's school lives reflected that of a painting. Only to be admired from afar.

In the time that took him to take in all the hounds’ ears pressed upon them, figuratively speaking, he decided to be his other self. Only for his love of course, Bae Suzy. He became Manners Myungsoo.

"Ani. It was nothing. Just.. you got a little." This was his chance! He leaned in, napkin in hand, seemingly being good-natured but all he wanted was that proximity. To be close to her for once.

Then his dreams were crushed. To fine powder. Her hand whipped out like a ninja, stopping him in the process. Quickly plucking out the napkin between his fingers she smiled sweetly. "Thanks, but I'll get that myself Myungsoo-ah."

"N-neh.. Suzy-ah." Stuttering his reply the stunned boy sat still. She stopped him! And she was just as astounded at herself. Where was all this impudence coming from?! But there was no time to think for either of them. A clack clack clacking drew closer to their table, as a smooth soothing voice cooed for Myungsoo's attention.

"Myung-ah~~ I got your lunch!" Jiyeon didn't give the neighbouring seat a second glance as she sat down next to Suzy, wrongfully holding up a strip of meat to her face.

"Say ahhhhhh.." Oh was she in trouble. In a rush, she the grain of rice away with the tip of her tongue before turning to the other female. Eyes glanced down she bowed her head a little.

"Joesonghamnida." Far to say, the girl was definitely surprised. A table they occupied for three years straight had finally a guest amongst them.

"Oh.. Suzy-ssi? You're eating with us today?" As soft her tone still was, she grew a little frigid as her grip on the chopsticks tightened. Setting them down on her tray she gazed her sights upon her man.

"You didn't tell me we were inviting strays to lunch all of a sudden, Myung-ah." Laughing heartily she leant back in her seat, feet propped up on his knees, she kicked some sense into him (literally).

"Now Ji.. no need to get worked up. I'm just being friendly towards a fellow classmate, aren't I Suzy-ah?" He grinned fondly as he secretly thwacked her legs off his lap under the table.

Suzy's previous confident act might as well be flushed down the toilet, as in the presence of two scrutinizing people (and the entire canteen) her self assurance fluttered away to nothingness. She meekly nodded, hurriedly stuffing her face so she could excuse herself from the table as soon as possible.

"Well let's just be clear next time, not that there would be a 'next time', but our table is exclusively ours." Jiyeon emphasized on ours, side-glaring Suzy as she spoke. "You understand me right Suzy-ssi?"

With several thorough chews and a final hard swallow she looked up at her Highness to beam brightly. "I get the gist Jiyeon-ssi. Thank you for making it so clear." She stood up. The audience was in shocked awe. Totally unexpected, Suzy bowed 90° to Jiyeon. "I shall excuse myself now." She turned away to begin walking the walk of eminence, hugely impressed with herself for what she was about to do.

The flats of her shoes twisted at a moment everybody was just about to let out a sigh of relief. It wasn't over yet. Still with the bright beam in place she faced Myungsoo, the lurer who hooked lined and sinkered her into this tight spot in the first place. "Oh.. and Myung-ah, you don't mind putting away my tray do you? Thanks doll~ " Equally matching her Highness's trickle tone, she even managed to wave flirtingly at her target of speech. To boot, she triumphantly marched her way out, only to scurry worriedly off as she turned the corner, out of the canteen.

What was I thinking?! That's it.. I wasn't thinking! Agggghhhh~~~  

Thoughts of uttermost mortification clouded her mind. She couldn't believe she actually did that. In that one hour of lunch she broke her mold. School Suzy was no more. Her roots jutted out of the well compressed soil. Soon that Suzy will emerge.

The bell rang for the end of lunch, and she even skipped her favourite lesson. Only her true cocoon of a home could comfort her now. Her oasis, the library. Yet a small part of her did feel rejoice for accomplishing what she attempted at. It wasn't easy.

Then again, how is it easy for an extraordinary event as such - that surpasses all known human or natural powers - a miracle takes place. Hence we have our Miraculous Monday. For on this said day, our two leads experience a such effect or extraordinary event they are left astounded. So much so they reach for comfort where they best know it. Her, in her terrene of earthly tree material we supposedly read and him... Him in the other her's domain.

All the while, room 13a's class was preparing plans for their next project. The brief wasn't an item of clothing, but a fluffy Teddy bear. However, one already sat in place of a student in an empty stool.