Thrilling Thursdays were the norm

Sewing Her Love

She was in class before everybody else. Ever so quietly sitting at her worktop. Nonetheless, her busy little hands working away at the needle and thread in her hand.

 

This had gone on forever since she'd taken this class. Early in the morning, she'd arrive before everybody else. Sometimes even before the teacher! Teacher Kim knew better than to disturb the young lady’s process in work. She was the school genius after all. In fact she was permitted from attending classes, for all the school cared, she could sit in the library all day reading books, (like how she usually does), but no.

Suzy wanted to attend class. Take notes like a good student. Take her exams like the rest of the student body. One of the classes she was eager to take so desperately was Textiles.

 

While she did enjoy spending every spare moment she had in the library, her school time was spent hours locked away within the Textiles room, always with a needle and thread in her hand. Project after project she produces, and even the most talented of students were left gaping in astonishment at her designs. Such lavish dresses she'd sewn. Possibly fit for superstars to wear!

 

You’d think this young lady has a herd of boys tagging along her like a shadow, or a posse of envious girls gossiping jealously as they lurked behind the lockers. But no. In fact she was avoided. Like the plague, but not quite like so. She was a sort of a ghost, present in mind, but physically transparent. Only to be adorned from afar.

 

So as the early hours of school passed away Suzy worked fervently upon her project. When her slight but calloused fingers finally weaved through enough fabric she tidied up after herself.

 

10AM. His usual time. As the last odd piece of thread was swept away the soft footsteps of his Vans could be heard when they both looked up to lock eyes.

 

“Hey Suzy..” The left corner of his lips would tug slightly to greet her in that easy smile of his.

 

“Hello Myungsoo-ssi.” Curt and gracious. That same old tone she used with everyone. Even though deep inside herself, Suzy knew her pulse rate quickened up a bit every Thursday morning at 10:01AM. Diverting her eyes elsewhere she shook the feelings away. They’d do her no good, so why harbour such burdensome emotions in the first place?! She didn’t need them.

 

But for sweet Myungsoo he was not one to hide such frivolous feelings. If there was an ounce of hate within him, he’d act upon it. In this case his feelings were totally the opposite of that. He looked forward to those Thursday mornings. When at 10AM he’d drop by to room 13a to deliver their new box of fabrics and whatnot. By 10:01 he’d see her face. The face he longed for every night. And by 10:03 his dreams were crushed. To fine powder.

 

She’d only outwait for roughly... 2 minutes. His aura was too overwhelming for her to stay more than said amount of time. Even though, she tried many a time to keep her feet planted in that room, it just proved difficult. So for the first time in her 18 years she had simply given up.

However for the other party, the situation was pretty much on the other end of the pole. Myungsoo will simply not give up. Yes she’d given him the cold shoulder but that’ll not deter his spirit. After all, he always received what he deserved, and in his set of mind, Bae Suzy was his prize.

This push and pull of a game has been played ever since the start of the year when Suzy had applied for the class. After all, Myungsoo was the son of the teacher. Teacher Kim as smart as a lady she is, was not aware of this secret affiliation between her son and her top student. If you could call it an affiliation. Throughout the year the only words they’ve exchanged being “Hey” “Hello’ and “Hi” it’s barely something to take notice of. But both knew that something was stirring within them, something that nobody else could recognise. Something which they believed might also be stirring within in the other too.

 

When their short meetings on those thrilling Thursdays ended, Suzy would promptly make her way straight to the library, right before the bell would ring and the entire student body would come flooding out the doors. Seeking refuge between those old oak shelves at the back of the library, was the only safe sanctuary for her. She dumped her book bag beside her, before settling down on the carpet, cross legged, to peek her nose into her latest read. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. “My father’s family name being Pirrip, and my Christian name.....”

 

10:11. Ruffling his y bed hair he let out a frustrated sigh. Was it his breath? Was it his shoes? Was it his rugged smile? Or possibly... his face??!! As he lazily slouched on the bean bag in the corner of the room, he contemplated why the love of his life always kept a time limit on their short lived rendezvous. Maybe she just wasn’t into him.

 

NO! He’d not take that as an answer. It couldn’t be true. He as much as everyone else knew,  including his mother, Teacher Kim, that if Kim Myungsoo wanted he could pull any girl in the school. Possibly the whole of Korea. He came to the conclusion that she must be just shy. (Which she truthfully is!) It couldn’t be him. He can never be of fault. Laughing in his charmingly cocky way, he replayed the image of her weary eyes spark a frazzled expression as she realized he was in the room with her. Alone. But the moment was cut short as then he remembered she walked out as quick as she held back her agitation under that polite smile.

 

10:15 AM. KRRRRINNNNGG~ End of 1st period.

 

Soon after the abrupt bell had disrupted his train of thought, another ringing had wound up again. He quickly dug his mobile out of his pocket, afraid it’d be his mother, ordering his back to the car to deliver some more boxes. But funnily enough, it wasn’t. A huge smug smile crept across his face as he read the caller ID.

 

Jiyeon calling~