Chapter 1

Disastrous Weekends

I stumbled to a stand, still clutching the pillow to my chest as I point an accusing finger to the grinning man standing by my dad. “W–what is he doing here?” my voice ends up cracking and I mentally berate myself over it. Damn puberty.

Dad slaps my hand. “Didn’t I say be nice, Taehyung?” he reprimands me, ignoring my pout. “And show some respect. He’s two years–”

Jin cuts him off, all innocent and polite smiles that dad doesn’t get miffed about being cut off so suddenly. “Ah, actually, sir, he’s my junior,” he says, flicking those heart-stopping eyes at me.

I turn away.

“Oh,” dad was genuinely surprised to hear this, “so you attend TS, too?”

“Yeah. Don’t I have that stated in the form I gave you though?”

Dad didn’t answer his question; instead he went into another topic. Me. “So is my little boy–”

As the words fly out of his mouth, I’m already tugging him towards the kitchen and away from the conversation, “Dad, kitchen, now.”

I usher dad into the kitchen quickly, waving off his protests. “Hey, stop pulling–!”

I pull him to crouch with me just behind the door, talking in hushed tones. “Dad, you can’t take him as my babysitter – you just can’t! Please, please, please get another guy. I’ll take anyone, anyone else but him. Please dad!”

“…why?”

I shake his arm frantically, eyes wide and pleading. “I can’t say why exactly but–”

Dad quirks an eyebrow at me and smiles knowingly. “Ah,” he starts; voice thick with assumptions and I’m silently screaming “no” at the thoughts he’s conjured up in that brain of his, “so…you and him eh?” He wiggles his eyebrows at me in that discreet way he thinks is discreet but is actually the opposite and I think why can’t I have a dad who’s more normal.

“No, no, hell no–” but I’m too late.

“About time you got laid, Tae,” he says loudly and I wish the floor would just swallow me up right now, “I lost my ity when I was ten, Taehyung, ten.”

I’m too traumatized at what he said that the only decent response I could think of was why is my dad even encouraging me to get involve in ual activities?

He takes my response differently, thinking I’m having a nervous breakdown. “Don’t worry about it, son, all men go through it eventually. Nothing to be nervous about.” He places a hand on my shoulder and looks me in the eye seriously. I expect him to take back the crap he’s been spouting for the past thirty seconds but then he tells me, “Just remember to use lube, Taehyung.”

My eyes bulge out of my sockets, signalling at him to shut up, shut up about it. I mean, yes, both my parents know of my ual orientation and are super supportive about. But I do not want advice from my dad of all people. He didn’t get it. In fact, he rants on. I bury myself in my shirt out of embarrassment.

“And force him to use the if necessary.”

I take it as my moment to speak up. “Dad,” I say to him desperately, desperately hinting at him to shut up.

He shrugs at me, misinterpreting my words again. “What? Do you not know the that you can get from ? I guess once in a while is okay – but if you’re suddenly positive for HIV or crap like that, I know whose neck to break.”

I’m speechless again. I can’t even think up proper comebacks. I am just that horrified.

“Now, go get him, son,” he spurs on, flashing this huge grin at me.

My brain starts to function again and I open my mouth to say something, to say that he’s wrong and that the man out there, in the living room, is actually –

Then, next thing I knew, he’s pushing me out the door. I nearly collide into Jin who, I notice, has been standing quite close to the kitchen door. I can’t stop the paranoia nipping at me, oh Jesus ing Christ – did he – did he –

He catches me before I crash into his back. “Whoa there! Be careful –” he winks and I hate the rush of butterflies that hit my stomach “– wouldn’t want a pretty face like that get injured now, would we?” he whispers, mouth hovering just by my ear.

I feel so confused now because didn’t he –?

A door creaks open and dad barges in. “So, I’m nearly – Taehyung, what in the hell are you doing?” dad asks me, peering at me strangely.

Jin had swiftly pulled away from me just few seconds before my dad made his appearance again, leaving me in an awkward stance alone. I straighten myself up, still a bit jumbled up in all my thoughts and confusion about the situation. “Er, nothing, dad.”

He doesn’t seem convinced but leaves it at that and turns to talk Jin. I ignore the ‘discreet’ wink he gives me as he continues his conversation with Jin down the hall. I reluctantly trail after them, to stop any attempts from dad to embarrass me or ‘help’ the situation. “So your room will be just across Taehyung’s,” he tells Jin.

I don’t know the look that he’s giving me as his eyes dart to mine and linger for a short second. I don’t know if I’m just imagining things now as Jin throws a sweet smile at my dad, responding. “Lovely, Mr Jung. Anything else?” he prompts. “Lil Taehyung’s habits and stuff of the like?” he asks innocently.

Did he just refer to me as lil? Calling me ‘lil’. Pft. I am a 173.7* centimetres of hardcore manliness. Hrmph.

“There’s not much to say. I already did tell you most of the details through the phone. Oh but there is that one thing…” dad trails off.

Jin beckons him to continue.

“Taehyung has a fear of thunder. So whenever there’s a thunderstorm–”

I start pushing him out the door, cutting him off. “Goodbye, dad. Guten tag. Adieu. Sayonara. Have a safe trip. Adios. Bye. Love you. Bye.”

When he doesn’t get into his car willingly, I pack in his suitcase for him and helpfully shove him into the car. When he doesn’t make movement to start up the car, I do it for him. “God, dad, what am I, your personal slave now?” I grumble, buckling him in.

He reaches out to me, into a hug. I freeze for a second, knowing that Jin’s right there looking at us, but I force myself to relax into dad’s arms, hugging him back.

We hug it out for a while and I can feel the tears prickling at my eyes. I can’t believe me. It’ll only be a few days, and I’m being a sissy about it. “I’ll miss you, dad,” I say quietly.

Dad’s nodding at me and starts pulling away, stopping at my ears to say “And it’s normal to bleed the first time, Taehyung-ah.”

I snap away, face so aghast that it makes dad chuckle. “Ew, dad, just, ew.”

He’s still laughing at me as he shuts the door, rolling the window down. “I love you too, Tae-Tae,” he yells loudly, backing the car out the gates.

I hear Jin laughing and flush red. “Don’t call me that!” I yell back, embarrassed.

He stops the car just outside the gates and looks Jin in the eye, the earlier amusement now drained in his eyes. “And, Jin,” dad says, face completely serious, “take care of him, will you?”

With that, he drives away.

I stare at the spot where dad just was. I can’t believe I have to spend a weekend with him. How am I even supposed to survive –

I feel someone’s breath at my neck and a head resting on my shoulder. I stop breathing.

“Hm, you know that your kitchen walls are thin, right?”

I whirl around and push him away. Still, he has that little smirk on his face. I open my mouth to say something – anything, but then my mind filters back to that one April afternoon and I falter. The time when –

I shut my eyes and calmly will it away. I still hate it that even when’s weeks passed, I still get shaky when the memory comes to mind. I snap my eyes open and glare at him. “Stay away from me,” I snarl at him.

He doesn’t seem fazed. “Aw, aren’t you a complete cutie when you’re trying to threaten me, Tae-Tae?” he coos. Coos. Gosh, I’m offended.

I huff and make my leave, stomping up to my bedroom and slamming the door with sass. I then bury my face into my pillow and scream. Scream as long as I can. I don’t care if Jin can hear me. I’m just so, so confused. Why did he do that? Didn’t he–? Doesn’t he–? UGH. I’m getting a headache just trying to process the whole thing. And why the isn’t Jimin replying to my text messages????

I flip open my phone and scroll through the text messages I’ve been sending to Jimin.

TO: JIMIN
FROM: V

Jimin, ohmygod, help me. My dad – Daehyun, not Baekhyun – assigned a BABYSITTER (a ing babysitter, yes, I am not ting with you here) to BABYSIT me for the weekend. wouldn't be so complicated if it WASN'T ING KIM SEOK JIN. Halp. I mean it. Stop face with Jungkook for once and ing help me.

Sent 2:41 pm

TO: JIMIN
FROM: V

Are you there???? DUDE. Did you not get my distress message here???? KIM ING SEOK JIN’S IN MY HOUSE. And – after I peeked outside my door – he’s whistling and unpacking his clothes. Oh. Oh. He’s got a pretty nice voice.

Sent 2:50 pm

TO: JIMIN
FROM: V

WHAT THE FLYING DID I JUST SEND YOU? NO. NO. I DO NOT THINK HE HAS A NICE VOICE. DELETE. DELETE. AND ANSWER ME GODDAMN YOU. SAME GOES FOR YOUR STUPID BOYFRIEND.

Sent 2:51pm

TO: JIMIN
FROM: V

What happened to bros before hoes?! Or is it…bros before……? But isn’t that supposed to be chicks before ? Are we chicks now? I know you bottom (and I don’t care what you say, but that just makes you the woman of the relationship) and all but… what…? I am so confused. Again, help me you son of a .

Sent 2:56 pm

I take a look at my watch. It’s six already. I send him another angry text.

TO: THIS GUY I AM DONE WITH HIM
FROM: V

you. I am DONE. I’ll just deal with this MYSELF then you damned arsehole.

Sent 6:02 pm

I click send and angrily flip my phone shut and creep over to my door, peeking out. Jin’s bedroom is across mine. The door is open and he’s on his bed. I ogle. He’s half-ing-. As in shirtless. As in. OMG. He has a six-pack. I’m ashamed of myself, going all jelloid at the sight of some guy’s hot body. I ogle some more.

My phone chimes and I let myself one last ogle before checking my phone screen. I groan. It’s the traitor.

TO: V
FROM: THIS GUY I AM DONE WITH HIM

wut? wut? wut??????? r u serius?

Received 6:14 pm

I frown at the screen, typing out a quick text.

TO: THIS GUY I AM DONE WITH HIM
FROM: V

There’s an ‘o’ in ‘serious’, Jimin. And I’m not handing over any details until you. Me. Apology.

Sent 6:16 pm

I get back a text instantaneously.

TO: V
FROM: THIS GUY I AM DONE WITH HIM

Ok, ok. Sheesh. You grammar nazi. I was blubbering with giddiness and you had to kill the vibe. I’m sorry oh lovely baby Tae-Tae. Me and my darling boyfriend were going at it for 5 hours. If you know what I mean ;)

Received 6:16 pm

TO: THIS GUY I AM DONE WITH HIM
FROM: V

Ew ew ew ew!!!! The mental images!!!!!!!!

Sent 6:17 pm

I partially forgave him. I’ll force him to treat me to some ice-cream later.

TO: V
FROM: JIMIN

Aw, you love me ;)))))) and wait. Are you talking about Seok Jin…as in SEOK JIN Seok Jin? Is this a CODE RED? Because if it is, my will be there without a moment’s hesitation.

Received 6:18 pm

I start composing a responding text when I feel the wall behind me slipping. Oh no wait, I’m leaning against my bedroom door. I’m falling backwards and suddenly my flip phone’s being stolen from me and I’m staring up at someone’s crotch.

A flash of chiselled abs and I realize it’s ing Jin.

“Oops, my bad,” he apologizes. Not a very sincere ing apology if you ask me.

I sprang up from my position on the floor, trying to grab back my phone. “Give it back!” I shout, hands jumping at the phone he’s placed high out of my reach.

Jin doesn’t give it back though; he has the audacity to even mock me and my vertically challenged self, placing the phone even further out of reach. him and his height and my thing for tall guys. I literally have to jump but, still, the phone says tauntingly out of reach. “Lookit ‘chu,” he teases me, now hiding the phone behind his back.

I forget myself for a moment and tackle him, our chests hitting and me looking like I’m trying to hug him when I’m actually trying to grab my phone he’s took. “I said, give it back, Jin!”

“That’s hyung to you,” he tells me, all dead-panned and voice beyond y and commanding and unf. I stop my actions for a bit and look up at him. It only takes a second. A second for him to squish me against his chest – ohmygodohmygodohmyinggod – and I stiffen up completely under his arm. “Now let’s see what we have here,” he sings and I panic.

, , , –

Then I realized something. I was mid-text. He had taken my phone whilst I was still composing a reply to Jimin.

“Wait – no – don’t–”

He’s silent as he reads through my text messages, me all the while thinking how I hate Jin and his eyes and his abs and his face and why is his body so warm? It’s making me feel hot. And is he dumb? The is he taking so long reading through a text message.

Finally, finally, his eyes peel away from the phone screen and smiles down at me, who still has that fish-out-of-water look on my face. Something not very attractive. He still has that smile on his face as he loosens his grip and I wiggle away, barely managing to catch my phone with my shaky fingers when he throws it at me.

“So I see you’re talking about me eh?” he says rhetorically and I blush madly, already inching away. Our bodies are too, too close and – god, he smells good – I can feel his breaths on my cheeks and – and –

He pulls away, still smiling like that. I’m a cross between punching his face and smashing his lips against mine.  What am I thinking?! Bad thoughts, Taehyung, bad thoughts, I tell myself, shaking them away. I cannot, will not fall for the little prick again. He’ll just –

Jin’s turning around and sashaying back into his room; hips swaying and I find myself ogling again. He stops just outside the doorway, face partially looking at me and says, “And…” he eyes me up and down, making me feel very exposed and uncomfortable, “I saw you peeking, my innocent Tae-Tae.” He flashes me a wink and steps into his room, closing the door softly behind him.

I scamper back into my bedroom, slam the door shut and send an emergency text to Jimin.

TO: JIMIN
FROM: V

CODE RED CODE RED oh and bring some ice-cream will you the emergency calls for it


A/N: Thank you everybody for subscribing!!!! I hope this is good enough. And, a heads up, I'm sorry if updates don't come as quickly as possible. I have tons other fics to update and the hols are ending. But don't fret I will update, just late. Happy reading and a merry Christmas to all hohoho

Notes: *yesh, yesh, I know of V's height. He's taller than Jin if I'm not mistaken. But for the story's purposes (and for more personal ones hehehe) he will be a midget. Maybe even shorter than Jimin. And that's saying something.