Getting to Know You

Who are You?

 

The whole apartment was totally different. Thought it is still the same room space with the same furniture, the atmosphere it eminate is different. There is still a lot of unfamiliar trash that was scattered around that you’d rather not touch. The smell of cigarette is present but there are no package or cigarette near the ashtray.

Himchan looked at the familiar corner of the kitchen just infront of the living area where he is currently sitting. In there is YongNam searching the refrigerator for anything to consume.

“Beer or soda?” YongNam suddenly asked without looking at him.

 

HimChan hesitate to answer. He’s not sure if YongNam is asking him or he’s asking himself because of the tone of his voice. HimChan let out an audible hum. Just then YongNam looked at him with a six-pack canned beer in hand.

“You don’t mind drinking with me, right? You’re my brother’s friend so it is natural for us to be friend too.”

HimChan can only nod. He’s still in shock to learned that he is the brother of YongGuk. The twin brother to be exact. Why didn’t he thought of that? He hope YongGuk did not tell his brother the real deal between their relationship.

“YongGuk never told you about me, huh?” HimChan only nod. “He’s been like that since we graduated high school.”

YongNam offered him a can of beer and he gladly took it. Both of them simultaneously open it but he let YongNam drink first.

It turned out that YongNam doesn’t like some of YongGuk’s friends that much and everytime they learned about them being twins they assumed they both like the same thing. And that makes more conflicts.

After a few cans of beer, Himchan excuses himself and leave Yongnam’s house. Himchan still hasn’t unpack his suitecase and clean his apartment unit. It’s already midnight and he doesn’t know if he can do that even before he sleep.

~~~~

“Can I sleep in your place?” Himchan phoned his next door neighbor YoungJae.

“Hyung~!” he heard him having a hard time answering. Then there was a long pause.

Youngjae is one of those guys who sleeps early to woke up early. And Himchan knows his timing was so bad to be in his favor. But YoungJae’s the only one who can help him without bugging him with too much questions. They haven’t seen each other for two weeks, since the incident. And he’s tired explaining to everyone what had happened.

“Youngjae-ah, I can open your apartment without a key. Be thankful I asked for permission before barging in.”

Another grunt on the other side of the line was heard. Then another long pause. Himchan looked at his watch and waited for Youngjae to answer. Thirty seconds…one minute. Youngjae sleep on him while on the phone again.

~~~~

“Good morning!!”

Youngjae was already in his uniform when he met Himchan cooking at his kitchen who was wearing a flowery apron too small for his size.

That morning noises coming out of his kitchen woke him up but he didn’t bother checking it out. After last night’s conversation with Himchan it’s definitely him.

“Good morning, did you just raid my fridge?”

Himchan nodded then placed a big plate on the counter for Youngjae. A big breakfast for the owner of the place he trespasses.

Youngjae can only sigh heavily. What to say to a neighbor who manage to enter your house without your permission and cook you breakfast before class? Yes, the breakfast was appreciated but it will ruined his meal plan for a week.

“I got you eggs and waffles. Also I already prepared your lunch.”

“Thanks Mom!” Youngjae said with a narrowed eyebrow on his face. He then sits and grab the glass of milk already prepared at the counter. Youngjae finished the whole glass before he proceed to grab a banana, “…but I’m on a diet. Thank you very much.”

“Is that so? Then that’s for me,” pointing at the plate he just served. “Coffee?” Himchan then asked.

“I don’t have coffee in this house…h-how…?”

“This is mine. I pull it out of my house.”

“Hyung!! Why can’t you go to your house and prepare your own breakfast there?”

“I just arrived.”

“You’ve been in the city for a week.”

“Who told you that?”

“I got my sources.”

“You mean DaeHyun?”

“Yeah. But Hyorin noona too. She asked for you yesterday. But your house is still locked outside. Where have you been?”

“Correction Jae-babe I just arrived four days ago.”

“Whatever Hyung!” Youngjae leave the kitchen, grab his bag and headed to the door. “I need to go to uni now.”

“Have fun!” Himchan waved goodbye to Youngjae and seated himself infront of a full breakfast meal he prepared, smiling.

Youngjae stop at his front door and looked back at Himchan. Himchan is too comfortable around his house now and it’s getting to his nerve.

“When I get back I expect you clean that up and YOU….back in your house.”

“Yes, sir!”