Our First Meeting(?)

Who are You?

 

Words: 2518
Rating: R-13
Tag: picture prompt, bapfic, bap, banghim, bangchan, yongguk, himchan, yongnam, hyorin, sistar
A/N: I’m starting to love airport pics from fansite, the raw emotion I get from those pics can give me a lot of ideas. This is a picture prompt from a fantaken pics. Not my pic, just saw this in @Savior0331′s tweet. Excuse the grammar, I need beta reader for this. Also this is a WIP fic.

~~~~~~~~~~

When someone you recognized in the crowd doesn’t know you anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

HimChan checks his watch. One hour before boarding the plane, and five hours before meeting his friend HyoRin. He let a loud sigh as he gets up from his chair and went to the waiting area before his scheduled departure.

 

His one week vacation ends now. And he’s supposed to report to work by tomorrow morning. With the delay of flights and a plan of visiting HyoRin’s new apartment, he’s not sure if he’ll be ready to go to work. Jet lag might bother him at the office.

 

Walking towards the gate, he saw in front of him a man in long black fleece jacket with black knitted scarf. Underneath it was a plain white shirt and denim jeans. He is slowly walking towards the mobile lounge and almost hit a post. HimChan saw the guy hits the post with his foot before realizing he was blocked by it. HimChan silently chuckles and become ashamed of him. The guy is dragging a small red travelling bag and checking his documents, not bothered to look where he was going. The reason why he almost got into an accident.

 

HimChan avoids looking at him as he walks toward his gate. But that guy suddenly stops and looks around with an irked face and a right eye that is shut. He looks lost and irritated. HimChan remembers that same gesture before. He narrows his eyes. He stares at him for the longest time and then removes his sunglasses to check if it was someone he knows.

 

“Bang YongGuk?” HimChan cautiously called him.

 

The guy he called YongGuk turned and look at him, then turned to the other side. Seeing that there is no one around him he becomes confused and pointed to himself as if checking if it is really him he called.

 

“Excuse me?” the guy in black asked. “Are you talking to me?”

 

HimChan’s face becomes brighter after recognizing YongGuk. Seeing a familiar face in a foreign land is such a thrill for him. He quickly went towards him and pats his shoulder.

 

“Hey! I never thought I would see you here,” HimChan said to him. He was so happy to see him that he immediately hugs him.

 

“Excuse me sir, but my name is not YongGuk, its YongNam.”

 

“So you’re saying you change your name?”

 

“No. That is my real name.”

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

HimChan watched as the man named YongNam walks away. He sure looks like YongGuk, his neighbor. His built, his voice, even his mannerism. He was embarrassed that he didn’t believe him at first and tackled him. Touching him like they were that close.

 

“Please stop touching me. I told you I’m not YongGuk,” he plead turning away from HimChan’s hug.

 

HimChan loosen his grip of the man who refuses to be called YongGuk. He can’t believe the man who he is tackling has that strength and move away from him. YongGuk surely have a nice body as he does some exercise but his stamina and strength did not impoved. And these guys in the airport have a lot of strength.

 

“Hey! Don’t be like this. Do you still hate me after what happened at the fire exit?” HimChan said as he taps his shoulder again.

 

“I’m really not joking you. I am not that YongGuk. You are mistaken.” he said in a more loud voice.

 

HimChan was taken aback when he heard that angry voice. It really sound like him. How can it be not him?

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yes!” he answers as he smoothen his clothes. “I need to be going. My flight…” He did not finished his sentence but moves his hand showing the way he is about to go. HimChan being awkward with the situation did not asks more question and let him be.

 

“Uhmm…sure.” He gestured him to go ahead and bowed. The guy also bowed at him and leave HimChan alone.

 

He watches as the guy walks away, his back at him and still looking at the documents he is holding. HimChan tilt his head wondering what similarities have he caught that made him thought he is YongGuk. He then wants to know more about him. If he’s not YongGuk, why do they looked alike and even sounds alike. Is this what he read from the magazine that there is someone out there that really looks like you but not blood related family member?

 

That was embarrassing. HimChan told himself and pick up his luggage.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

“HimChan Oppppppppaaa!!!!”

 

That was the loudest scream HimChan have heard from his friend HyoRin. He got irritated and looks down from embarrassment. He just got out of the gate and he can hear HyoRin shrieks at him like a mad girl. He hasn’t found her but with that sound he just has to look at the people passing by him to find her. And as expected, all of the passenger and the people waiting there are looking at her, the girl who is still screaming and holding up a placard that said “Welcome Home my Love ~” with a lot of heart around it.

 

He smirks at the girl’s act and can’t stop rolling his eyes. But he smiles when he walks to her.

 

“I miss you!!!” her shrieks continue.

 

HimChan who is all smiles just stop when he was in front of her.

 

“It’s been awhile, huh! Pretty HyoRin,” he says. HyoRin only nods then shows off her pretty sign.

 

“I made this, too, HimChan just to welcome you. Are you feeling good now?” she asked.

 

“As expected for a fan. You’re still the best HyoRin.”

 

With such compliment she is all smiles and was touched. She becomes emotional and jumps over him. She was to kiss HimChan but he turns away to avoid anymore contact. And because of the barricade separating them she almost fell over the other side. HimChan saw it and immediately grab hold of her and push her back to where she was standing. Then a loud thud was heard. The barricade was knocked over and made a loud sound.

 

People started to look at them and whisper between themselves. HimChan was also shock by the situation. As HimChan can’t stand the scene his friend is making, he grab her hand and drag her out of that place.

 

“You embarrassed me enough. Let’s go home!”

 

HyoRin nods and smiles as she is pulled by her friend.

 

“Yes, let’s go home.” she said, giggling by herself.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

The couple is now outside the airport waiting on the side for a taxi. HyoRin’s beside him whose arms can’t stop touching HimChan that even while waiting for a cab she is linking arms with him. HimChan don’t mind her being so touchy but he is afraid people might misunderstand. She is a friend for almost three years. Even though she’s a few months older than him he acts as a big brother to a fragile HyoRin.

 

“Don’t get stressed out when we reach my apartment, okay?” HyoRin still giddy as she faced HimChan.

 

“Why? You haven’t packed your things yet?”

 

“It’s just that…” she said her voice trailling off. “…I just got my furniture delivered today and…I have practice earlier.”

 

HimChan rolled his eyes again. HyoRin is such a bad liar. She is not a morning person and always has her schedules busy in the afternoon till night. She never wakes up earlier than 10am and now she’s telling him that she’s busy earlier. It’s only 2pm.

 

HimChan just ignored her. He just let her and waits for a cab to come. He’s too tired to argue and hungry to be bothered. It will be a busy day, HimChan can only tell himself.

 

And while looking away he felt HyoRin nudging him. He looked over her.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Hey, isn’t that YongGuk?”

 

He followed where HyoRin is looking. And there he saw that guy again. Yup! The guy who looks like YongGuk. Now, HimChan is pretty sure that it’s not YongGuk. The clothes he is wearing is the same as what he saw earlier. Fleece jacket and a scarf.

 

He looks like he is waiting for a cab, too.

 

“Hey you!” he heard HyoRin called the guy. HimChan watches as YongNam looks at them, clueless.

 

HyoRin seeing the opportunity suddenly hug HimChan and kiss his cheek in front of YongNam, not realizing he is not the person she assumed it to be. HimChan can only backs off and rub off his cheek from that kiss. There is a red smudge on his hands as he rubs more to remove HyoRin’s lipstick off his cheeks.

 

“Ei! There is no need to do that!” he said, not even surprised. He made a face of disapproval but HyoRin is not looking at him.

 

The show didn’t get any reaction from the guy she is showing off. He just looked away and walks towards the pedestrian lane.

 

HyoRin feels disappointed from the reaction she gets. “Rude!” is all she can say.

 

“That’s not YongGuk,” HimChan bursts and open the door of a taxi that drove just infront of them.

 

“What? But who…? Do you know him?”

 

HimChan didn’t answer and just hold HyoRin’s shoulder and shove her inside the cab.

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

It’s starting to rain when they reached HyoRin’s apartment. After settling his luggage they both settle at the living room sipping fresh brewed coffee that HyoRin made.

 

HyoRin is wearing her comfortable clothes and HimChan changed into a loosed shirt and pajama. It’s a Sunday and nothing much to do but to stay home. They ordered pizza and are now watching DVD that both of them haven’t watch yet. And as usual HyoRin is sitting with her feet on the couch, knees folded and both hands cupping the mug of coffee. HimChan on the other hand is slouched at the sofa while playing with the remote.

 

“He never called,” HyoRin suddenly says in a serious tone with eyes still glued at the TV. HimChan didn’t hear her so he looks at her.

 

“Huh?!”

 

HyoRin take another sip of her coffee before she speaks.

 

“Even though we always bump to each other on my way home, he didn’t ask about you. Isn’t it weird?” HyoRin asked, eyes still glued at the TV.

 

“But he called before I left. That’s a good sign, right?”

 

“I dunno, HimChan. I’d rather not asked him. I’ll just wait for him to talk it out to me. If he’ll just ignore me, then be it. At least he knows what I feel at that time.”

 

“You’re making it looked like a big deal. Pff!” HimChan is about to laugh but stops himself and stands up to walk to the kitchen and get another cup of coffee.

 

HyoRin got hurt by HimChan’s comment. What happened between her and YongGuk is not a thing to be ignored.

 

“But he saw us and never asked me about it. What does it mean?”

 

“It means he’s not interested about details. You’re just an emotional to him who got a lot of hormones and don’t deserve any attention.”

 

“KIM HIMCHAN!!”

 

HyoRin stares at him and began to shake because of the anger that was building up. There are tears in her eyes again and started to sob. HimChan is not new to this. Sometimes he’d be expecting HyoRin to just cry when they are talking about YongGuk. He is not the type who will pacify a friend. He’d rather say what she needs to know and hurt her feelings just so she’d stop being stupid.

 

But still he can’t stop feeling guilty when HyoRin is having a hard time processing what he said. He will always come to her rescue even though it’s troublesome to him. A friend is still a friend.

 

“Stop crying okey!” HimChan softly said to her, “or I’ll interpret it that you’re just doing that to get me to sleep with you.”

 

“What the… YOU KIM HIMCHAN!”

 

HimChan smiles and shrug.

 

“Oh please…I’d be glad to be f…” then a flying pillow hit his face before he can finished his words.

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three days passed by so quickly. After his stay at HyoRin’s, HimChan was now ready to go back to his apartment. He can’t stay at HyoRin’s apartment a little longer. She’s having a fit and it might be a monthly event. Also he can’t avoid YongGuk any longer. He doesn’t have to. He assures himself that there is nothing to fear.

 

After paying for his taxi fare, HimChan immediately walked inside their compound where he and other bachelors are renting.

 

It’s a small community inside a big railed gate. You can see a big house after the gate. Its where the landlady lives. And behind the big house are the two floored house with a small garden in front of the doors at the first floor. You have to walk at the side of the big house to reached the apartment. The walkway is narrow so there is no space for a car to enter. No one in there owns one so the walkway is not a problem.

 

There are a total of six doors, three in each floor. HimChan rented the door at the second floor, the one at the end. It’s the only one which has the biggest room and he needs a large room for his furniture and appliances.

 

It’s already dark when he reached his apartment. And because of the bulky trolley he was carrying, his attention was focused on it that he didn’t notice someone excusing himself at the other end of the way. He ended up bumping into something.

 

“Ouch!” HimChan said after a simple collision at the walkway then he scratches the part that was hit. He looked at what’s in front of him.

 

A guy is blocking the way. A tall guy hugging a big mattress that looks like he’s about to throw it out.

 

“Opppss! I’m sorry,” HimChan heard him said. “I didn’t expect you to walk forward. I’ve been asking you to move aside.”

 

HimChan didn’t saw the face of the guy blocking his way but he recognized his voice. He just go in the compound, not even inside the apartment and now the person whom he’d see is YongGuk.

 

“Bang YongGuk?!” HimChan whispered under his breath with a bitter sound in his voice.

 

“Uh?” HimChan heard him reacted. He seemed heard what he said. The guy then set aside the mattress he was carrying to see his face.

 

“Oh!?” he heard him said again.

 

“What?” HimChan asked, he’s getting irritated with the ‘oh’ sound from him.

 

“It’s you again.”

 

“Me…what?”

 

“I told you I’m not YongGuk. It’s YongNam!”