CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

OPPA, SARANGHAE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed by and Lin's and Baekhyun's relationship grew, they quarreled but since they were childhood friends and had grown up together they made up quickly. 

They didn't spend as much time as Lin had hoped for since Baekhyun spent a lot of time in SM's trainee center. 

After what seemed like a year Baekhyun got his debut in SM's new group, EXO. 

"I can't believe you got your debut after only training for a year!!" Lin shouted. "Really Impressive Byun Baekhyun." 

Baekhyun grinned. "Couldn't have done it without my mascot." He said and showed his wrist where the wristlet made of wooden letters by Lin was hanging. 

A smile formed on her lips. 

Never ever since she gave it to Baekhyun has he taken it off. 

The two of them was taking a walk in the park where they became boyfriend and girlfriend. The air was chilly and soon the snow would come. 

Baekhyun was busy promoting but he found time and he decided to spend it with Lin. 

"I always wished to have an idol boyfriend but it doesn't feel as great as I expected." Lin pouted. 

Baekhyun looked at her and his smile fell. 

He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. "I'll find time for you, I promise." 

 

 

 

 

"Finally you've seen what's obvious in everyone else's eyes." 

"Jungah why didn't you ever tell me about Baek's feelings.." 

Jungah leaned back on her chair. It was morning, the small break before the teacher entered the classroom and the class would start. 

"I wanted to..." 

Lin tilted her head to the side. 

"..I wanted to tell you, but seeing him try so hard.. I just couldn't ruin all his efforts." 

A smile formed on Lin's lips. "You're really kind Jungah, that's why I like you so much!" 

"What now then.. aren't you afraid Baekhyun will become too full of himself?" 

Lin thought about it. Baekhyun had always been carefree and never once in the time they've known each other did he ever think of himself as better than anyone else. 

Lin smiled. 

"No, I'm not worried about that." 

 

 

 

EXO's popularity was no joke and the sasaeng fans they got was damnright scary. 

It meant that Baekhyun couldn't meet Lin as often as he wanted to, most of the time Lin had to come backstage and they could only spend a few minutes together before he had to go to his other schedules. 

"What do you think about the life as an idol?" Lin asked backstage at Inkigayo. 

Baekhyun smiled. "It's tough and I don't sleep that much, I have no privacy and no matter how hard it is, I always have to keep a smile on my face." 

Lin's face darkened and Baekhyun saw it. 

"But I love to sing and stand on stage. The fans are great and I wouldn't replace this with anything else if I could." He said and planted a kiss on her forehead before going on stage. 

Baekhyun hadn't changed, Lin saw that. He was his usual humble self. 

But how long would he stay the same before fame got to him?

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had less and less time to meet Lin. They texted each other a lot to compensate for it but after a while he stopped. 

Lin didn't think much about it because when he found time, he was still as lovely as always. Because Lin wanted to make the best of the time she could meet him she didn't recognize the times when Baekhyun had changed. 

Bit by bit he did. 

 

"Have you always been wearing those skirts?" Baekhyun asked with a frown as he sat on Lin's bed and watched her clean up her room. 

He had come without any notice beforehand so Lin had no time to clean up her messy room. Little did she notice that in the past Baekhyun never cared about her room because that's not what he came for, he came to see her and not her room. 

But Lin was so busy with making everything perfect since Baekhyun have come to point out fault here and there and she felt that she had to fix them. 

So when he first entered her room he muttered, 

"What a messy room, should a girl like you really live like this?" 

That got Lin up on her feet and she started to clean. 

Lin turned around from cleaning her desk and looked at Baekhyun with a frown. 

"Yeah..." 

Baekhyun scoffed. "Babe, you can't wear that if you're going to be EXO's Baekhyun's girlfriend." He said with a smile. 

Lin blinked, confused. 

Her skirt was red with Christmas trees and snowflakes on it. Christmas was coming soon so she wanted to get into the feeling by wearing Christmas looking garment. 

"But Baek..." She said. 

Baekhyun was busy with looking through his phone. 

"I've always been wearing those during the Christmas month." 

That made Baekhyun stop, and look up. 

When he looked up he could see the pain in Lin's eyes. Which in turn pained his heart. 

"No.." He finally realized what he had done. "No.. i'm sorry Lin.." He stood up and walked towards Lin. 

He took her into his embrace. "sorry... I didn't mean to.. I just-" He bit his lip.

"Sorry." 

Lin chuckled, "No it's ok, I guess it looks a little silly..." 

"Sorry I don't know what got into me.. I've seen this skirt every year but now... sorry.. you look great, forget what I just told you.." He hugged her closer. 

Lin smiled but she couldn't stop thinking that Baekhyun had changed. The way he acted around her made her uneasy. But she shrugged it off, maybe it was just something temporary.

 

How much Lin wished it was just something temporary. 

Lin was known by Baekhyun's fans that they were friends. The fans seemed to accept it and no scandals were created. 

It was ok for Lin, she didn't want to be the one to ruin his career. It was ok to be called friends, since Baekhyun had done so much for her in the past this was just a small thing for Lin. 

Until he decided to.. 

"So Baekhyun-ssi I heard that the fans are curious about your female childhood friend, tell us about her." 

EXO was on a radio interview and Lin listened to it just like many other girls around the country. She cuddled herself on her bed with a mug of warm chocolate and the radio to listen to EXO's interview. It was late December and soon it would be Christmas.

"Well..." Baekhyun began and Lin got curious to what he would say. 

"We're not what you think we are." He chuckled. 

His words hit Lin but she knew that this was what Baekhyun had to say even though he didn't want to. 

"Then tell us, are you just friends?" 

"Well... yes we're friends but we're also..." 

Lin couldn't believe her ears. Was Baekhyun really going to.. 

"..cousins." 

The pain hit Lin hard. 

"Cou...sins..?" 

"Cousins?" The MC asked. 

"Yeah.. we're cousins so of course we can't be.. anything more than friends." 

Lin couldn't believe it, since when did Baekhyun become so good at lying? As she had known him he had always been a bad liar. Always.

 

 

 

 

"Have I told you how pretty Tiffany is? She has a great personality and her face is just gorgeous." 

Lin, Baekhyun and Jungah took a walk through town early in the morning. 

Lin and Jungah were dead tired but Baekhyun told her that he doesn't have much free time and when he uses it to meet her she should be grateful. 

The town was quite empty since it was early in the morning so not much people would recognize Baekhyun. 

"Oh really.." Lin said. 

"Yoona is also really pretty but if I should choose someone to date from SNSD I would probably choose Tiffany. Hyoyeon is actually really nice too, I bet we could become good friends." Baekhyun's babble seemed to never end. On top of that, he seemed to have forgotten that he had a girlfriend. 

"That's just from the company but if we would talk about the idol industry-" 

He seemed to finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter