Mate

Experiment

A/n: this is rated a bit 


---

The interns were already convinced that the progress for taming the half breeds were doing very good, good enough for them to leave on their 6th month. They two were having mixed emotions as they realized that they’ll be leaving the two subjects soon.

“Don’t tell me you’ve grown attached to them.” Henry, a Canadian expert on Animal behavior, asked the two who nodded absentmindedly at the question. “I’m not surprised.” Henry uttered which made the two interns look at him. “Wolves are really loyal creatures and their laws are quite simple.” Henry explained. “They go on packs and they are very territorial. The good thing about it though is that they are very loyal.” Henry said, Handing them the evaluation of their progress report. “I believe that they are now ready for mating.” Henry said and the two looked at him with shocked expressions. “Mate?” Jinki asked and Hnery nodded. “Whether they are humans or wolves, they will have al tendencies.” Henry explained and the two nodded. “Shall we bring in females then?” Sunggyu asked and Henry shook his head. “Kyuhyun-hyung told me that the boys have already chosen their mates.” Henry winked then left the two to review the notes. “Mating?” Jinki repeated and somehow the news was pretty hard to take.

“uhm hyung, are they capable of mating?” Sunggyu asked Kyuhyun and the man looked at him with a smile. “You want to find out?” Kyuhyun asked and Sunggyu nodded. “We’ll do it then, not now though.” Kyuhyun said with a smile as he handed the man his clip board.

Sunggyu had been bothered by the mating season and the more that he thought of it, the more he hated Myungsoo. The poor creature was screamed at and pushed away, Sunggyu was beginning to look like a girl during her period. Myungsoo was hurt, not physically (let’s exclude the shattered eardrums from Sunggyu’s screaming), but emotionally. The creature wanted Sunggyu’s touch, a mere pat on the head or the usual display of affection like placing his head on Sunggyu’s thighs. But Sunggyu wouldn’t want Myungsoo come any nearer.

Jonghyun was a different story, Jinki was very good to him and was encouraging him to mate. Jinki liked the idea of Jonghyun having a mate to be with him and hunt with him. He wanted Jonghyun to be happy and have little kids or pups or whatever you can call their offspring. He often patted the lad’s hair and tell him to just be yourself when mating. This confused the half human, blushing as Jinki continuously tell him to just go for it.

Fifth month into the program, Jinki and Sunggyu were already in control of the werewolf that the scientists decided to give a new prospect a try. Jinki and Sunggyu were already inside the room, the acrylic pane separating the them from the wolves as they transformed. What they didn’t expect was the acrylic glass suddenly retreated and now they are face to face with the beasts, eyes gazing into eyes.

The wolves stood in attention and on cue, they ran towards the prey, good juicy human meat that they were craving. Kyuhyun pressed a button as the wolves started running towards the intern. The wooden panes moved and covered the acrylic panes, covering the view of the scientist on the live onslaught of the poor interns as the wolves practically launched themselves to bite the neck. The cameras went off, the monitors were blank, Kyuhyun was still human enough not to record such murderous act.

The light on the two rooms shut off and the interns closed their eyes tightly, waiting for the piercing pain on their necks. But none came. They opened their eyes and saw the creature on tope of them, their necks in an affectionate way.

Jonghyun lied next to Jinki, his furry head on top of the man's chest. He urged the boy to pet his head to which Jinki obliged. “You’re not going to bite me?’ He asked and the wolf just looked at him with those yellow eyes. Just go for it Jinki’s words rang inside his brain, and the wolf forced himself to change back to his human form. Jinki had never seen anything like this, he knew that Jonghyun will return to his human form on day break but this is just too fast, Can Jonghyun control himself now?

Jonghyun looked at the man on the floor, and inched towards him, his puppy eyes staring at Jinki. “Mate” Jonghyun said, the first actual word that he said. “Mate?” Jinki asked, clearly confused but it sank down on him as Jonghyun on his white neck, marking him in an affectionate way. “Mate.” Jonghyun muttered across his skin and Jinki grabbed his hair softly and pulled him off of his neck. Jonghyun had hopeful eyes and saw the smile on Jinki’s face before they disappeared as Jinki leaned to kiss the werewolf. “Accepted.” Jinki muttered as he pulled the wolf down with him, and running his hand on the soft blonde locks of his mate.

Sunggyu was crying, tears running down his face as the wolf dashed towards him and made him fall on the ground. He was sobbing quite uncontrollably not because he was going to die but because the one he actually fell for was the one going to kill him.  He felt something his face and opened his eyes to see Myungsoo, the wolf form of him, his face. The wolf saw him move and his instincts told him to move away, giving Sunggyu distance. “Why didn’t you kill me?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo just lowered his head, not wanting to look at Sunggyu, afraid that he’ll lose the precious man if he looked back,. “I’am asking you Myungsoo.” Sunggyu asked a bit louder and the wolf shuddered, fearful of the man in front of him. Sunggyu scrambled to his feet and approached the wolf who hid behind his tail. “I’m asking you why?” Sunggyu’s voice was soft this time, petting the head of the wolf. Myungsoo responded by moving his head with the hand, savoring the soft touch of the man.

Sunggyu then sat on the bed, looking straight into the wolf’s eyes. “I’m sorry, I guess when i became jealous when I knew you were ready to mate.” Sunggyu said bitterly, the words felt heavy on his tongue. The wolf stood in attention, clenched his jaws and closed his eyes as he tried to return to his human form. He let out a pained growl as he slowly transformed back to his human form. Sunggyu watched in astonishment, and gasped as the man stood in front of him. Myungsoo approached Sunggyu with slow and steady steps, placed his hand on his cheeks and spoke “Mate.” Myungsoo’s voice was deep and husky and SUnggyu found himself immediately nodding and accepting the offer. Myungsoo leaned in to kiss him, something Sunggyu had never though the man knew how to but he guessed, human and animal instincts must have been always present in a lustful body.

Pushing the thoughts aside, Sunggyu allowed Myungsoo to mark him, a territorial behavior of wolves. He let out a moan as the man on top of him gently on his skin, leaving those read marks. He then stared at those expressive eyes and smiled, he can’t believe that he’d fallen for a werewolf in a short 5 months, but he guessed that it’s worth it.