Understanding

Experiment

---

White walls surround two men, more of subjects, who was brought into the facislity three years back. They were separated by a translucent acrylic glass, dividing the white room into two distinct spaces. A simple hospital bed was placed at one corner, a bathroom on the other side. The space was barren so to speak, similar to a prison minus the cold steel bars. Two men were in a corner, knees closed to their body in an attempt to hide from the eyes of their observers.

They knew that they were being watched, they have super sensitive senses that even though a thick acrylic and one way mirror cannot block them. They look human, rather normal. Their bodies were toned and well built, with traces of scars obtained from a fierce battle a few years back.

A group of scientists, medical experts and uniformed men were observing them from the thick acrylic glass, expectant eyes looming over the 2 subjects. The room was silent, their breaths and ticking of the clock were the only sounds ever heard. Then a countdown.

On the dot at midnight, the men became weary, they stood from their place and growled. On all fours, they approached the acrylic glass and growled even louder. Without blinking, the group held on to their seats as the males did what we call fiction, but the men in lab coats had made fiction a scientific reality.

The group dispersed with happy smiles on their faces, 5 years of study and now a successful project about to be completed.

“We have a tiny problem general.” one of the scientists told the commanding general and the man nodded. “It’s not yet tamed.” the scientist said and the general merely nodded before leaving. “I’ll give you 6 months then.” The general uttered then left the place completely.

...

Two interns were welcomed into the group, 2 young lads who were chosen for their academic intellectual and practical skills. The two were government scholars and since they were bonded with the government for the next 5 years, they were the perfect candidates to help out in the top secret project.

They go by the name of Jinki and Sunggyu, cousins presumably, that are taking Aminal Science specializing in behavior. They were brought in because they needed handlers to tame the beasts conjured by science.

Ushered into the secret laboratory underground, Jinki and Sunggyu were shocked to see the place and the subjects: They were hoping that their job was to tame cloned dogs but it was a whole different story.

“Man-made werewolf.” Their supervisor told them, handing out the folders of the two subjects they are going to work with. “Man made?” Jinki asked and the supervisor told them to read the files. The two were then led to see the subjects, just in time to witness the change. Sunggyu and Jinki held their breath as they witnessed the two males transform right before their eyes.

The next three nights were difficult for the two interns, the memory of the young lads transforming was rather horrifying at the very least. They lost their appetite the second they observed the males feed on live goats and some chicken; Jinki was sure he couldn’t eat a single drumstick even though it was his favorite.

But they were given a tight schedule and deadlines are very crucial and important in this field of work. So mustering the courage, with the proper protective clothing, Jinki and Sunggyu both stepped inside the cells. The subjects looked tensed as the men in white approached them; the part human were now in a defensive stance.

“Jonghyun.” Jinki said, soft and sweet, like a master calling for his pet. “Here boy.” He said while taking a step towards the lad. He extended a hand, with a piece of treat for the boy and the half human gobbled it up in an instant. “I want to be friends with you.” Jinki said as sat on the bed, a smile on his face and a hand extended to the boy.

Sunggyu was nervous as hell, his palms sweaty and his whole body was shaking. The creature, a handsome young lad, looked at him warningly which made him stop walking. “I’m your friend Myungsoo.” He said, trying to cover the nervousness on his voice. THe creature gaze at him, making eye contact with the intern. Sunggyu felt like the stare was lethal, breaking them with a soft cough. “Hey, want to eat with me?” Sunggyu asked, extending a hand to the lad whose gaze remained with him.

Two weeks into the program, Sunggyu and Jinki were thinking twice about the project; why would the government fund a program to make dying soldiers into superhuman, or werewolf to be specific. But they did not question the quizzical plans but focused on the problem at hand, to tame the wild beasts.

On their third week, the two interns had found it easier to communicate with the subjects, Giving them commands and treats for obliging. The treats varied day by day, but a gentle patting on the subjects head were always never forgotten.

By the sixth week, Jinki was teaching Jonghyun how to write characters, though most of the time Jonghyun just chewed on the pencil. “Stop!” Jinki shouted and Jonghyun dropped the pencil from his mouth and lowered his head. “I told you that pencils are not food! Do you understand me?” Jinki’s voice was loud and clear. The half man let out a sound of mixed apology and regret for doing the same mistake over and over again. “Just don’t chew on the pencil, I’ll bring you a chewing toy ok?” Jinki quated before the man and patted his head affectionately; Jonghyun enjoying the warm touch of the man in front of him. “Good boy.” Jinki said with a smile.

Sunggyu was then trying to teach Myungsoo how to use the chopsticks, the lad growling furiously as each try was a failure. He threw the chopsticks with force and collided by the wall next to Sunggyu. “I’m not eating with you if you keep this up Myungsoo.” The voice was louder than expected, taking the werewolf by surprise. “Pick it up.” Sunggyu shouted. “I said pick it up!” Sunggyu shouted even louder, making the lad scramble on his feete and retrieved the metal chopsticks and handed it to the intern. He purred, his head resting on the intern’s lap as if trying to apologize for his outburst. “Just please be patient Myung, you need to bear with this for a while.” Sunggyu said with a smile, petting the lad’s hair.

“You sure look serious.” One of the scientist nudge the one looking intently at the four persons inside the seclusions. “Leeteuk hyung, I am thinking something illogical.” the man said and his senior looked at him puzzled. “What is it Kyuhyun?” The older asked and Kyuhyun looked at him with fear in his eyes. “Mating.” Kyuhyun blurted out and the smile on Leeteuk’s face faded. “Are you saying that both Myungsoo and Jonghyun have tendencies to mate? But we haven’t introduced females yet.” Leeteuk uttered and Kyuhyun sighed heavily. “I have my fears hyung, but since Sunggyu and Jinki have been dealing with them quite well, Myungsoo and Jonghyun might have the tendency to fall for them, look past through them as masters but more of a companion; specifically, their mates.” Kyuhyun stated, pointing at the screen where the faces of the two half humans were focused, eyes saring straight at the interns, gazes filled with hint of hope and lust.

“I have no words.” Leeteuk shook his head in disbelief. “I am thinking it’s the human part of them that is responsible.” Kyuhyun said and sank down on his chair.

..

The next full moon came and the interns were given specific instructions to confirm Kyuhyun’s theories. The two were tasked to enter the room while the lads are in wolf form and test if they can command over the creatures. There was a thick acrylic glass already placed to separate the two just in case the wolf part of them wasn’t tamed yet. They nodded and took their place, believing that the test was to check the taming capabilities of the intern, but no one told them that they were being tested for possible mates.

Jinki and Sunggyu stepped inside the room, a thick acrylic glass was separating them from the agitated subjects. “Jonghyun?” Jinki spoke through the microphone attached to him and Jonghyun jerked his head up to see his master.

Jonghyun took small steps, difficult steps, towards the man across the glass. He placed his hand on the glass as he looked at Jinki with stern but soft gaze. He was fighting with himself, to change into his beastly counterpart. Jinki saw the twitch in Jonghyun’s eyes and the forceful clenching of his jaws. He saw Jonghyun tried to stop the transformation and it was already too much for Jinki, he was crying. “Please change.” Jinki said and Jonghyun obliged, taking a step back and unleashing a force he tried to stop.

Sunggyu didn’t have to speak, Myungsoo can smell him well. The lad hurriedly approached the person he was longing to see and banged on the glass as he desperately tried to reach Sunggyu. “Myungsoo.” He spoke softly and the lad stopped and stared at those brown eyes. Sunggyu’s eyes were tearful now, seeing the handsome face of Myungsoo twitch at the surge of the force inside the man. He knew Myungsoo will transform tonight but the werewolf was trying to hold it in. “Don’t hold back.” Sunggyu said as he placed his hand on the acrylic pane. Myungsoo stretched his hand and placed it on the glass, as if touching Sunggyu in the process. “Don’t hold back.” Sunggyu repeated as Myungsoo’s eyes changed into crimson red and he let out a loud growl.

The interns looked at the creature in front of them, scary wild beasts showing of their fangs. The two was scared, who wouldn’t when a thick acrylic glass is their only form of  protection. Jonghyun stared at Jinki with those same eyes, the caramel brown now a shade of bright yellow. “Jonghyun, stay.” Jinki said, as the wolf inched his way towards the glass. “I said stay!” Jinki shouted and the wolf stopped, his paws firmly planted on the floor. He then slowly sat and bowed his fury head, acknowledging his master.

Myungsoo was another case, he ran towards the other side of the room, burying his face on his tail as Sunggyu looked at him with fearful eyes. Myungsoo peeked through his tails and shut them after, the fierceness in his eyes diminishing. “Myungsoo, come.” Sunggyu said but the wolf didn’t move an inch. “Myungsoo I said come here.” He said even louder, the wolf’s ears twitched at the sound and lifted his head to face the man. “Myungsoo.” Sunggyu called out softly, placing his hand on the glass. The wold stood on four legs and gingerly approached the man, eventually placing a paw on the glass.

 

--

a/n: Next part will be posted in a few hours just finishing a few details. 

btw not beta'd so i apologize for all the errors