Let Me Be Your Hyung

Drabbles and Whatnot

"I'm here to pick up Jongin and Sehun."

 

"Oh, thank god," the lady behind the desk sighs and then pauses, checks herself, and blushes in embarrassment, "I mean, can I see some identification?"

 

"Of course," Yifan passes over his license and the signed note, toe of his dress shoes tapping a steady rhythm into the linoleum floor. Seconds later, screams can be heard from behind the double doors along with frazzled shouts. Two little boys come racing through the doors, racing-themed backpacks strapped to their backs and great big smiles on their faces until they see Yifan.

 

"You're not Suho hyung."

 

"Here you do, Mr. Wu," the woman says politely, handing him back his license but keeping the note. "Have a nice day!"

 

"You too," Yifan replies with a hint of a smirk because he is nothing if not a crowd pleaser. As expected, the woman swoons and Yifan makes his escape, sweeping the small children into his arms and high-tailing it out of the tiny building with walls covered in finger paintings.

 

As soon as they're outside Yifan sets the boys down and lowers himself onto one knee, now just above both boys.

 

Jongin settles into a pout, crossing his arms, and Sehun sneaks a glance and copies the stance. "Where is Suho hyung?"

 

"Junmyeon is still at work," Yifan answers, voice cool and level, "he had to complete another project before he left today, and asked me to come and pick you up instead. Is that all right?"

 

Sehun scrambles to his brother's side and whispers, "I like hith car."

 

Jongin ponders this before turning on his heel and heading towards Yifan's silver Audi Coupe.

 

Yifan calmly removes their backpacks and tosses them into the trunk before jerking the passenger seat forward so that he can buckle the boys into the chairs he'd had to rush out and buy just minutes ago. Thankfully, they both seem to fit. He fixes the passenger seat and head to the driver's side, massaging his back. His car wasn't made for children. But when it starts with barely a purr, he smiles fondly. So does Sehun.

 

"Smells nice," the five-year-old comments. Jongin reluctantly agrees.

 

The ride is short and the boys are uncharacteristically quiet. Yifan taps his fingers on the leather wheel and the tiny box in his pocket seems to weigh a hundred pounds. He pulls the car into the parking garage beneath the complex and turns to face the pair as soon as he has the car parked. "I have a question for you."

 

Sehun leans forward curiously and Jongin fidgets. "I didn't do it!"

 

"Uh, no. That's not what I was going to ask."

 

"Oh. Then what?"

 

Yifan pulls the blue container from his pocket and runs his fingers over the opening before pulling away the lid, revealing an elaborate silver band tucked inside. Custom made. Yifan had to be absolutely sure about the size; he's been thinking about this for a while. His boyfriend's brothers are starting to look confused. "I… want Junmyeon and I to be together."

 

"No!" The six-year-old shouts, struggling against his seatbelt, "You already take Suho hyung away enough! You two have even had sleepovers and eaten fancy food together. You can't have Suho hyung. He's ours," Jongin finishes with a well-aimed kick to the back of his chair, and Sehun nods and crosses his arms in agreement.

 

"No, that's not," Yifan sighs, "I'm not trying to take him away from you. This will make me your hyung, too."

 

"You want to be our hyung?" Sehun asks with a tiny frown. "Yifan hyung?"

 

The man nods. "Is that okay with the both of you?"

 

Jongin shakes his head, then yelps when Sehun elbows him. "Fine," he hisses," …Yifan hyung."

 

Sehun makes grabby motions, eyes on the blue container. "Can I thee?"

 

Yifan bites his lip. "Be careful."

 

Sehun accepts the box with cupped palms and reverent eyes. "Pretty," he murmurs, "I want one. Yifan hyung, can I have one?"

 

Yifan allows Jongin to peek before replacing the lid. "This is special. Just for Junmyeon," Sehun slumps in his chair and Yifan frowns, "but I'll get you other things. Lots of toys."

 

Jongin grins. "Yay Yifan hyung!"

 

-

 

"Yifan!" Junmyeon calls from the door, removing his shoes and dumping his bag on the couch. He sighs and closes the door, trying again, "Yifan!" Nothing. He groans, making his way into the kitchen and stopping once he reaches the doorway. Inside, Yifan is seated on his immaculate counter, legs long enough so that his feet brush the floor. Jongin and Sehun are seated at the breakfast bar, laughing about something while Yifan grins.

 

Junmyeon smiles fondly at the scene. All three of his boys. "Am I interrupting something?" Yifan's head snaps up and both boys are scrambling out of their chairs in seconds, wrapping their arms around his waist.

 

"Suho hyung," they chorus loudly, and Junmyeon laughs, giving each a quick kiss on the head.

 

"Was Yifan nice to you?" He asks, throwing a cheeky smile at the man. Meanwhile, both boys gasp and tug on the hem of his sweater.

 

"Suho hyung, Yifan hy–"

 

Yifan coughs loudly, and both boys whirl to face him. He motions them over and they come running. Junmyeon arches a brow. "Hey, you know how you guys wanted to help me?" He receives eager nods. "Then go in the other room and watch tv." Jongin gapes and Sehun pouts but Yifan stays strong, ushering them out of the kitchen. Jongin stomps all the way down the hall.

 

"What was that all about?"

 

Yifan shrugs. "I made you food."

 

Junmyeon laughs. "I thought you didn't cook?"

 

"On the contrary," the taller grins, leading the brunet over to the dining room table.

 

Junmyeon tries not to laugh. "Did you make the styrofoam container, too?"

 

"Indeed I did."

 

The younger rolls his eyes and grabs the box, bringing it into the kitchen and jumping onto the counter, legs not nearly close to reaching the floor. Yifan follows after a minute, sighing and wondering if Junmyeon even noticed the candles he and his helpers had lit around the dining room before.

 

He lets his boyfriend eat for a couple minutes before giving up and starting forward, bracketing the smaller man's hips with his hands. Junmyeon pauses, sets his food aside, and settles his hands on Yifan's shoulders, eyes searching.

 

"We've been together for a while," Yifan starts, and Junmyeon nods in agreement, "and I–" he laughs and pushes his hair back with a slightly trembling hand, "I had this speech I prepared but I forgot everything. I remember the important part, though," he gently settles Junmyeon's hands in the man's lap, smiling at the confused glance the other sends him. He lowers himself onto one knee and takes the box out of his pocket. When he opens the lid, Junmyeon gasps and covers his face with both hands. "Junmyeon, I love you, your brothers, and everything about you. And I want to spend a lifetime finding more things about you to love. Will you marry me?"

 

Junmyeon stays frozen for a minute, and then the next Yifan is trying to support them both from falling to the ground.

 

"Yes, yes, yes, of course, Yifan," Junmyeon sobs into his neck. Yifan grins and runs a hands up and down the other's back as he continues to cry affirmatives into Yifan's skin.

 

The elder removes the ring from its case and gingerly slips it onto the other's thin finger. The brunet sniffles and stares at his hand is wonder, twisting and turning it under the light while Yifan cradles him in his lap.

 

"It fits."

 

"It'd better," Yifan grunts and Junmyeon sends him a smirk. Yifan wipes it off his face with a kiss. He thinks he can hear an exclamation of "ew!" from the doorway, but ignores them in favor of deepening the kiss. Junmyeon rests his hands of the back of his neck and Yifan can feel the cool metal on his skin.

 

Sehun cheers as Jongin covers his eyes. "Go Yifan hyung!"