Sunday Morning, Rain is Falling

Sunday Morning, Rain is Falling

Junmyeon loved the rain, and nothing was better than waking up when rain was pouring outside. It was Sunday, still early in the morning when Junmyeon was awaken by the sound of rain that sounded like good music to his ears. A sleepy yet beautiful smile slowly appeared on his face as he snuggled closely to his pillow, curling up under his thick, comfortable blanket. He wanted to sleep more, or only lie lazily on his bed, but then he could smell an aroma of coffee that he guessed came from his pantry. It was vanilla latte, he could tell. Junmyeon rolled his body over, surprised to find the spot beside him empty. It made him realize who was the one who made coffee this early on Sunday morning; it must be his husband, Yifan.

With slow motion, Junmyeon pushed the blanket away and slipped out from his bed. Quietly, he went out of his room, smiling as the coffee scent got stronger.

“Good morning, sleepy-head.” Junmyeon could hear Yifan’s low voice when he came to the pantry and hugged his husband from behind.

“Good morning, Yifan.” the smaller male replied. He loosened his hug so Yifan could turn around and sling one of his arms around Junmyeon’s shoulder, pulling him closer to give him a good morning kiss on his forehead.

“You look good with my shirt on you,” said the blonde male, grinning slyly at his tiny husband, making Junmyeon’s cheeks turn pink as he realized that he was still wearing Yifan’s shirt, which was way too big on his tiny body. Junmyeon always liked to wear Yifan’s shirt, especially after they made love like the previous night. He didn’t know why, but smelling Yifan’s body scent after making love made him feel more relaxed. Not to mention that Yifan loved what he saw; Junmyeon always looked y with his big shirt wrapping around his slender body.

“Shut up, Yifan,” Junmyeon placed his head on Yifan’s chest, and Yifan automatically embraced him gently. “You woke up earlier this morning. I thought you would be sucha lazy- and sleep all day, remembering how cold this morning is.”

Yifan smiled and gave Junmyeon a quick kiss on his head before releasing his husband’s body. “I was awake when the rain started falling,” he answered. “I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I decided to make coffee for us. Oh, we have to go to groceries today; we already run out of coffee.”

Junmyeon nodded. He said a soft ‘thank you’ when Yifan gave him a cup of hot vanilla latte. He then went to the living room and sat at the edge of the window, his favorite place when the rain poured, waiting for Yifan to follow him and they would cuddle there like what they always do on a rainy day.

Soon, Yifan came into the room, bringing a cup of hot, black coffee. “Isn’t it cold only to wear that thin shirt?” Yifan asked his husband.

“Mmm, kind of.” Junmyeon answered, not moving his gaze from the droplets that fell from the sky.

“Wait here, I’ll get the blanket.” Yifan took a sip of his coffee as he walked to their room and came back with a comforter with him. He the CD player that set below the TV and played their favorite cozy songs they had always listened to when it was raining outside before walking towards the window. “Give me some space, Baby,” he said to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon turned his head to Yifan, smiling as he gave him space, so that Yifan could sit behind him, and he would take a place between his husband’s long legs. Yifan put the warm comforter around them before hugging his husband from behind, being careful not to spill his coffee. He placed his chin on top of Junmyeon’s head when the smaller leaned his back in his chest.

“You’re warm,” Junmyeon mumbled, eyes going back to the raindrops that fell onto their window.

“I know. That’s why you love me, because you can’t stand the cold weather.” Yifan said, proudly of himself, making Junmyeon laugh and hit his leg playfully.

“It looks like that the rain will pour all day…” said the red-haired male. He then looked upto Yifan, with pleading eyes. “Can we just stay at home today?”

Yifan looked down, raising one of his eyebrows. “So we have to forget the coffee? Is that okay with you not to drink coffee tomorrow morning because there’s no coffee anymore?” he asked. Yifan knew that Junmyeon had to drink coffee in the morning, or else he would feel sleepy all day. It wasn’t good for his husband’s health, he knew, but Yifan couldn’t do anything to stop it. Junmyeon was too stubborn to be stopped, though.

“You can go buy it for me tomorrow morning, Starbucks isn’t that far from our apartment,”

Yifan sighed and pinched his husband’s cheek. “Of course, Princess. You can let your husband run to Starbucks just to buy his husband a cup of coffee in the early cold morning.”

Junmyeon laughed lightly. “I love you, Yifan,” he said. Softly, he placed a chaste kiss on Yifan’s cheek before the taller could utter his protest more.

A small smile curved on Yifan’s thin lips after Junmyeon kissed his cheek, melting with the simple thing that Junmyeon used to do to make him follow what he wanted. He placed his lips on the crook of Junmyeon’s neck, mumbling there, “You always know how to make me kneel down, Junmyeon.”

And there they were, sitting on the edge of the window, watching every raindrop falling softly wetting their window, with cozy music accompanying them. Two cups of coffee ended up being abandoned on the table, watching their owners enjoying their Sunday morning, at least until the rain stopped.

Sunday morning, rain is falling…”