Ti Adoro

The Reason

Namjoo is a clumsy, cutesy, and fun-loving type of girl who suddenly developed a puppy love for a straight A’s student name D.O but everyone calls him Kyungsoo and he is also a cold person.

“It’s so hot today and it’s only September” Namjoo complained to her two friends that were also complaining as well.

“I know right, shouldn’t it be cold by now?” wondered Namjoo’s friend, Tera.

Namjoo’s other friend, Lim joined in “Ahh~ I would be eating something cold by now..”

They were sitting on top of the school roof and ate their lunch.

“Haha, let’s stop complaining now and the bell is going to ring soon so let’s pack up,” commanded Namjoo.

-------

*It’s time..* Namjoo thought to herself excitedly thinking about her next class.

She quickly went to her seat and sat down at her desk and she started fidgeting nervously looking around *Is he here yet!? Aigoo, I should have gone to the bathroom and check myself*

Namjoo flustered as she saw the person who walked into the classroom *Omo, he’s here!*

“Hello there D.O!” said Namjoo with a bright smile with her dimple showing.

D.O, known as Kyungsoo gave her a cold shoulder as he walked to his seat which was next to her.

Namjoo smile faded but that didn’t bring her mood down enough since Namjoo is falling head over heel for Kyungsoo but it was only a puppy love, nothing intense..yet.

Class began

While the teacher was talking, Namjoo would glance over at Kyungsoo every chance she gets.

*His profile face is perfect.. That heart lips shape is so cute* Namjoo gazed at Kyungsoo for awhile

Something broke Namjoo off from her daydream, “Miss Kim, I understand my lesson is boring to you but please at least pay attention.” The teacher gave her a stern looked.

“I’m sorry,” She apologized and her classmates laughed “Alright, now class back to what we were talking about.”

Namjoo felt so embarrassed that Kyungsoo had to see that side of her but then she didn’t notice Kyungsoo didn’t even give her a glance.

-------

Class ended

*What a horrible day to end with.. but then I got one more class left* Namjoo sighed as she walked to her next class.

 

Namjoo waited for her friends because they would always walk home together but half way Lim would leave first for work which where her boyfriend works at “Bye Lim!”

Tera started to speak excitedly “Soo, did anything happened today with you and you-know-who~” She teased.

“Don’t even bring it, ugh. It was so embarrassing.. I was caught daydreaming and I was laughed at.” Tera knows Namjoo takes the same class as Kyungsoo.

“He might not even care so don’t worry about it too much,” Tera tries to give Namjoo a little courage to go on.

But it seems to bring her mood down “Yeahh.. `don’t worry about it too much`.. ” said Namjoo with a sarcastic voice.

“It’s going to be okay.” Tera tried to cheer Namjoo up.

-------

 Namjoo jumped on her bed as soon as she was done showering “I feel so great now!”

The phone rang and she picked it up “Helloo?”

“Hey, it’s me Lim. I heard about it from Tera.”

“Yeah..” replied Namjoo with a sad tone.

“Namjoo, you know if you give yourself a little push.. Try to get to know him better like be friend with him!” Lim suggested many advices for Namjoo who was struggling in a puppy love.

“You think I have never try that?” Namjoo already felt like giving up but Lim would always give her the courage and confidence to keep on moving forward.

“Namjoo please, if you never try then how would you know it might not work out?” asked Lim.

“Yes ma’am, I’m sorry for arguing with you” Namjoo joked.

They continued on talking until she had to go to bed.

 

The school bell rung

“Hurry to class students!” shouted the duty teacher who was in the hallway.

Namjoo rushed and accidently bumped into someone as she fast-walked to her class “Ah!” Her book and papers fell out of her hand.

The person apologized “Ah-h, sorry about that,” he started helping her picking up her things.

Namjoo recognized the voice, it was Kyungsoo! It was surprising to hear him being so kind to her.

While he was helping her picking her things up, he lifted up his head and realized it was Namjoo. “…” He looked at her expressionless and just shoved her things to her without a good bye.

Namjoo turned around to thank him “UM THANK YOU!” She smiled to herself afterward despite his harshness towards her.

-------

Class ended

Tera and Lim came up to Namjoo “Hey! I saw what happened in the hallway across from my class!” Tera grinned.

Lim joined in “What, what, what ?! Tell me!” She started shaking Namjoo.

“Oh it was nothing..He didn’t realized it was me who bumped into him and thus he showed kindness towards me for the first time..but when he realized with me, he just left like that.” Namjoo explained with a slump expression.

Lim put her right hand on Namjoo’s left shoulder “Have you ever ask him why he is so cold towards you?”

“No.. He dislike me, I can tell he does..” Namjoo felt a sharp pain in her heart as she thought about him giving her cold shoulder.

“Namjoo, to be honest… You should move on, that guy is not worth it if he keeps being harsh towards you then he’s just a jerk,” Tera proposed with a concern expression.

Namjoo recalled from the past when she first met Kyungsoo, it was when she almost fell on her face. Kyungsoo saved her by grabbing her arm and pulled it with her whole body towards his.

“I don’t think he’s harsh.. everyone has a reason to their behavior,” She felt determined to get serious in this puppy love of hers.

“That’s the right answer! Now, go try to talk to him after school,” Lim encouraged Namjoo to do her best with a bright smile showing her white pearly teeth.

Tera gave up persuading Namjoo to move on “Alright, alright, good luck to you Namjoo” She gave her a wink.

*The door opening*

Namjoo looked around, there was Kyungsoo sitting there writing something in his book “...Ahem”

Kyungsoo got startled by it and frowned “…Yes?”

“May I talk to you?” asked Namjoo politely as possible as she can not to offend him in any ways.

“I’m sorry, I have to go soon.” Kyungsoo seemed like he wanted to get away from Namjoo as possible but Namjoo didn’t give up.

“Please? Just for 5 Minutes, or even 1 minute!!” Namjoo begged.

Kyungsoo didn’t want to be rude “…Alright.”

Namjoo walked to the desk next to his and sat down “I have something that been bothering me..”

Kyungsoo listened silently as Namjoo spoke “Do you dislike me or something..?”

There was an awkward silent between them “No.. why would you think that?” Kyungsoo spoke with a smile.

*Did he just smile at me?!* Namjoo was surprised by his smile “You gave me a cold shoulder and shoved my things onto me without a good bye..” Namjoo clarified.

“That was just-“ Kyungsoo was cut off because of Namjoo’s tears “Don’t you dare lie to me! I know that you know that I really like you! Am I such a bother to you?!” She popped as she clenched her fist tightly because she was so frustrated that he was denying everything.

*My tears won’t stop flowing!*

Kyungsoo eyes widen because of a sudden love confession “Namjoo.. I-I’m sorry..” He grabbed her hand, telling her to calm down “I’m sorry..”

“Why are you apologizing?! Are you rejecting me or you pity me!?” Namjoo wiped away her tears.

“It’s not that.. Namjoo, please listen .. Let me explain.” Kyungsoo tried his best to talk gently.

Namjoo obediently listen as she wiped away the rest of her tears “There’s a reason to why I have been that way..”

Kyungsoo rubbed his neck before speaking and took a deep breath.

“During my middle school year, I had stalkers following me all the way to home. Everyday my locker would fill up with letters. I was constantly being followed and harassed by girls. They would me.. and would spam my phone where I didn’t even bother to use a cellphone now. I don’t even know how they got my phone number. The stares would make me feel uncomfortable. I just thought my high school life would be okay if I move here where nobody from my old school moves here. But then I started to notice you staring at me and that made me recalled the past. I just felt so scared and horrified by it because I don’t know if I could trust girls anymore.”

Namjoo was so shocked that she couldn’t get the word out of “…”

“I understand that you’re not like the other girls.. now that you confessed to me..” He muttered the last 4 words while looking down blushing.

Namjoo also blushed “…I’m so sorry! Please ignore what I said just now!” She panicked and felt embarrassed by it.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo lifted up his head and stared at Namjoo weirdly.

*Wait, wait! What am I doing?! Why did I tell him to ignore what I said!! Aghh!* Namjoo suddenly realized what she just said.

She started fidgeting and twirling her fingers on her laps “I mean, uh-h let’s start this again ..!” Namjoo stuttered.

Kyungsoo noticed how nervous she looked like and her ears were starting to turn red “How cute,” He mumbled under his breath.

Namjoo took in a deep breath and stood up *Let’s do this and get it over with!* She was prepared after hearing his story “I really like you D.O !” She looked deeply into his eyes as she said it. 

Kyungsoo gave a heartwarming smile “Namjoo, can I tell you something?”

Things got awkward for Namjoo “Uh yes, yes you can.”

“You know how I said I have been noticing you? Well, I do think you’re really brave.. I’m sorry for giving you those cold shoulders. I was just afraid you would hunt me down or something so I tried my best to avoid you. That was rude of me for thinking that way but I do think you’re a really cute girl. When I look at you my heart just skip a beat.. do you know why?” He smiled while stared into Namjoo’s eyes which made her blushed because she knew the answer to it.

“Is that a yes to my confession?” Namjoo teased grinned.

Kyungsoo felt embarrassed after saying everything “You should know my answer already!” He looked away hiding his face but his ears were red.

“I really adore you D.O~” Namjoo’s dimple showed and she poked his red cheeks.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek after “Surprise!” and ran out of the classroom “Catch me if you can!~”

“YAH!” Kyungsoo placed his hand on the cheek she kissed on.

Their new love life has begun..