Just the Two of Us

Just the Two of Us

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

She was sitting on her kitchen counter, munching on some chips as she waited for her phone to ring. She knew she probably shouldn’t be snacking right now; she was going out to dinner after all; but she’d been waiting for almost an hour now and her stomach was growling. She glanced at the silent cellphone lying next to her on the counter and sighed.

 

Come on! She whispered, urging the device to ring but the room stayed quiet. Baekhyun said he would call her as soon as he got off the plane. He’d assured her on the phone just the night prior that he’d be home on time. It wasn’t just that she hadn’t seen him in two weeks; there was a bigger reason why she was so anxious for his return. Tonight was a special night for the two of them and Jen didn’t want the moment to go to waste.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

She could still remember the day Baekhyun first asked her out. They’d been friends for a few years before it happened. They were the kind of friends that made other people wonder whether maybe there was something more than friendship between them. They hung out all the time, regardless of Baekhyun’s busy schedule and when they were around one another, they would often carry this little smile they only reserved for each other.

 

Considering these circumstances, it had taken them quite a while to take the next step. It turned out Baekhyun wasn’t all that confident when it came to love. It had happened at a birthday party at the EXO dorm. Some of the people at the party who had had a little too much to drink had started teasing Baekhyun about having a crush on Jen and Baekhyun had gotten very upset about it, taking off towards his bedroom. Jen, who was startled by everything that was going on, followed her friend and as they sat side by side on the bed of Baekhyun’s bedroom, Baekhyun finally confessed his feelings for her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

She was smiling like an idiot, thinking back to that moment. It had been so adorable and so perfect and it was making her miss the boy even more than she already was. She pouted at her phone. Any moment now… she thought. She grabbled into the bag of chips once more before she closed it back up and set it away. She slid her phone into her pocket and as she was chewing the last of her snack on the way to her couch, there was a knock on the door.

 

She jumped at the sound and her heart skipped a beat. She ran to the front of her apartment, swinging open the door enthusiastically only to be disappointed.

 

“Tao?” She asked, cocking her head to the side.

 

The boy was wearing a little cheeky smile as he stood before her. “Come with me, I have things to show you!” He said and he grabbed hold of her wrist.

 

“Tao, wait.” Jen stopped the boy. “What are you talking about? You know I’m waiting for Baekhyun to get here right?”

 

Tao rolled his eyes at her. “Yes I know. But-” he emphasized the word as he took her wrist again. “Their plane is being delayed so he won’t be here for another hour. Don’t you know you can check that stuff online Jennie?” He chuckled. “So please just come with me! You can meet Baekhyun at the dorm anyways.”

 

Jen pulled herself free once more and sighed. “Fine, let me get my purse. What is it that you so desperately need to show me anyways?”

 

She found Tao grinning widely at her when she returned to the door opening with her things. “I went shopping today!” He sung gleefully at her and Jen couldn’t help but smile at the sight. Tao and Jen had always been good buddies when it came to shopping.

 

“Make it quick though!” She said as they got into his car together. “I don’t want to miss Baekhyun any longer than I have to.”

 

The boy in the driver’s seat rolled his eyes again. “Yes ma’am.” He chuckled. “Message him that you’ll meet him at the dorm instead; it’ll be quicker.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Tao seemed to be really eager in showing her his new purchases. He dragged her into the dorm, passed the EXO-M members at lightning speed and flew into his and Kris’ bedroom. Jen couldn’t suppress a little giggle seeing him this excited. She guessed none of the other members enjoyed talking fashion with him and that’s why he liked hanging out with her so much. She watched as the boy grabbed a bag from a corner of the room and held it up. He pulled out a navy long winter coat.

 

“See?” He said, smiling widely. “It’s got fur ts, look!”

 

Jen took the item from Tao and smiled. “I love it.”

 

“I know right!” Tao nodded eagerly. “Okay, let me grab the rest of the bags. I think I left them in the living room, I’ll be right back.”

 

Before Jen could say anything, the boy had left the room. Once again without any distractions, Jen’s mind drifted off to Baekhyun. She didn’t want to be overprotective or anything, but she was a little worried about him. She flipped open her phone and re-read their last conversation.

 

[At the airport right now, about to leave. Can’t wait to see you!!]

 

[Me neither, I’ll be waiting! Oh and have a safe travel!]

 

[I’ll tell the pilot to be extra careful. I’ll tell him I’ve got a beautiful lady waiting for me at home ;) ]

 

[Haha yes please ^^ ]

 

[ok, I love you]

 

[I love you too <3 ]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun was such a good boyfriend, she thought. He always made time for her, even when he was busy. They would often have late night movie sessions, falling asleep on the couch together or they would go on little walks around the city at three in the morning, holding hands and chatting about each other’s day. She liked everything about him. The cute smile that appeared on his face whenever he met up with her; the gentleness in his features when he spoke with her; the little kisses he’d always plant all over her face; simply the feel of his body against hers as they held each other; the thought alone made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

 

Lying there on Tao’s bed staring up at the ceiling, she allowed her heart to flutter at the thought of him. She wondered where he would take her to dinner. He’d said it was a surprise. She hoped it was nowhere too far from the dorm because she was becoming hungrier by the minute and she hoped it was nothing too fancy either because she always felt a little out of place in restaurants like that.

 

She turned her head to the door and frowned slightly. Tao was taking a long time getting back. Probably got sidetracked by Kris or something... she thought. She decided to go get the boy herself but when she tried to open the door to the living room, she was surprised to find it locked. She twisted the handle a couple more times but the door wouldn’t budge. She banged her fist onto the wood a few times, hoping someone would open up for her but nothing happened.

 

“Guys? What the hell is going on, I’m locked in!” She yelled at the door but again, no answer came. “I can hear you guys in there!” She added, now getting a little angry.

 

She put her ear to the door to try and hear what was going on in the living room but she couldn’t make out more than murmurs. “Come on guys, let me out! It’s not funny!” She tried but she was losing her force. She didn’t understand why they would do something like this. Was it one of their stupid jokes? She doubted they would pull a prank like this on her. Maybe they really hadn’t heard her and it was all an accident. She took a deep breath before banging her fist into the wall, a lot harder than before. “Guys, help me! The door is jammed!” She was about to yell out some more cries of help when she heard a response at last.

 

“Oh my god I’m so sorry Jennie! Hold on!” She heard Tao’s voice call out and the next moment she heard someone approaching the door. She stepped away from the door and crossed her arms, ready to sass the younger boy for locking her up for no good reason but when the door finally opened, Tao wasn’t there.

 

It was like the door had swung open by itself, giving Jen a perfect view of the entire living room. She didn’t know how it had happened but the place looked completely different from what it usually looked like. In an instant had dropped open. There must have been at least fifty candles burning around the room, filling it with a warm glow, soft music was playing and in the center of the room stood Baekhyun holding a little animal plushy. He was smiling eagerly at her, holding up the stuffed animal puppy. He took one of its paws in hand and made a little waving motion with it.

 

“Hi baby” He smiled.

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes. A hand involuntarily clasped over as she approached her boyfriend, unable to keep from smiling. Baekhyun came towards her as well and when he reached her he didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around her tightly and whispering Happy anniversary into her ear.

 

“Do you like him?” He said, holding the grey scruffy looking puppy doll up for her to see.

 

“I love him!” She answered, grabbing him into her arms and hugging it tightly.

 

“Good” Baekhyun smiled, and his eyes flickered mischievously at her for a moment. “Because um-” He started, then looking behind him towards the front door.

 

As if on cue, the door opened slightly and to Jen’s amazement, a real life puppy, just like the fake one she was holding, came prancing through the crack. She let out a high pitched shriek as she saw the puppy wag its tail excitedly at her. Baekhyun chuckled as he turned around and picked up the puppy. He carried it towards her with that same mischievous smile of his.

 

“He’s all yours.” He said, petting the dog on the head. “Or, well… ours.”

 

Jen was honestly about to cry now. She’d wanted a puppy for the longest time and this one looked absolutely perfect and even better; Baekhyun had gotten it for her. All she could do was nod at her boyfriend’s words whilst her eyes stayed fixated on the beautiful dog.

 

“He’s perfect!” She said, coming up and petting the puppy as well, who answered her affections by her fingers lovingly.

 

Baekhyun gave another smile before he put the animal into Jen’s arms. He then walked over to a gorgeously decorated table, set with delicious looking food. “I prepared dinner for us too!” He said. “I figured it would be best not to go out to eat now that the dog is here.”

 

Jen smiled and nodded. “I’m starving!” She let out, putting the adorable puppy down and going to sit across from Baekhyun at the table.

 

“Did you make all this?” She gasped, looking at her plate.

 

Baekhyun chuckled softly. “Well… to be honest. The members helped me out with this part. But it’s just because I didn’t have the time! I mean, I had to pick up the dog after leaving the airport and I was going to be late already.” He started rambling. “I- I wanted to do something special for you but it was a lot harder than I thought.” He shook his head laughing a little. “Everything was supposed to be ready by the time you and Tao arrived at the dorm.”

 

“So that’s why he rushed me into his room like a crazy person.” Jen giggled a little.

 

Baekhyun sighed, looking down at his plate. “Yeah, I’m sorry. I’m not good at planning these kinds of things.” Then he looked back up at Jen with a small smile. “But I tried right?”

 

“I love it!” Jen reassured him, taking his hand on the table. “This is the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for me; I really love it.”

 

Baekhyun’s face softened then and she could almost notice his cheeks flushing slightly. “Ok then. Let’s dig in!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dinner was amazing. The other members must have put in a lot of effort, Jen thought and she felt very grateful. When they were done eating they fed the puppy and after that, they decided it would probably be best to take the little dog out for a walk. Luckily Baekhyun had already bought the little guy everything he needed. Jen put on the dog’s collar and leash and off they were. They didn’t go out very far as they didn’t want to draw attention to themselves but the fresh air and the little patches of grass outside the dorm were enough for the puppy to enjoy himself.

 

“Have you thought of a name yet?” Baekhyun asked, squatting down next to the dog who was sniffing the grass.

 

Jen thought for a moment. “I don’t know… What about Levi?”

 

 “I could have known you’d pick something like that.” Baekhyun chuckled as he ruffled the dog’s head. “I love it!”

 

After about ten minutes they went back inside, relishing the warmth of the dorm. They plopped down onto the couch together, Jen taking little Levi with her on her lap.

 

“Where’s all the other members tonight?” She asked, the thought suddenly popping up in her head.

 

“Don’t know” Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. “I just asked them all to leave the dorm to us for one night.” Jen gave him a disbelieving look and so he continued. “It wasn’t easy convincing everyone but I promised I’d take everyone out to dinner next week so…” He smiled at her.

 

Jen sighed in contentment. “Thank you for doing this for me.”

 

Baekhyun wrapped an arm around her, hugging her close. “We never get to spend much time just the two of us. I wanted to.” He planted a kiss to her forehead. “I love you Jen.” He said then, looking her in the eyes when all of a sudden the puppy jumped up in between them and attacked Jen with cuddles.

 

“Okay, okay I get it!” Baekhyun laughed, pulling away a little as to not crush the dog. “Doggie needs attention too.”

 

Jen was trying to keep the dog under control but the little thing was beyond excited so after quite the struggle, she put the puppy back down on the floor. “I’ll play with you later Levi.” She giggled. “He was here first.” She pointed at her boyfriend.

 

The puppy stood before the couch for a few more moments, wagging its tail before directing his attention to the little bone toy Baekhyun had prepared for him.

 

She felt Baekhyun pulling her closer so she let herself sink into him. A few of his fingers ran through her hair as her head rested against his chest.

 

“You must be exhausted.” Jen remarked suddenly as she listened to his heartbeat, tracing little patterns across his chest with her finger.

 

“It’s alright.” He answered. “I’m happy.” He took her hand in his and brought it to his lips, kissing it gently; first her fingertips, then her knuckles, then the back of her hand. Jen let out a little giggle and Baekhyun smiled, looking down at her.

 

They looked each other in the eye for a while, neither of them believing how lucky they were. Baekhyun closed the gap between them and kissed Jen, not a peck on the lips this time but the kind of kiss that sweeps you off your feet. Passionate but gentle all the same. Jen felt his fingers against her cheek, coming to softly hold her face and she decided to lean in more towards him, deepening the kiss.

 

Baekhyun’s other hand found its way around her waist, pulling her close and caressing her side. When they finally pulled away Baekhyun looked to be in awe. “You look so beautiful right now.” He said as his fingers pulled a lock of hair behind her ear and before Jen had any chance of reacting at all, he captured her lips in another little kiss. Pulling away a second time he put his forehead against hers and continued, this time looking a little shy. “I hope you can be mine forever.”

 

By this time Jen was blushing so hard that all she could really do as a reaction was smile and nod at her boyfriend before taking his face in between her hands and pulling him in for yet another kiss. She felt him smile into the kiss as he came closer and closer, eventually laying her down onto the couch softly as he came to hover over her. His lips moved slowly against hers still and a hand moved down to her waist again, running delicately up and down her body.

 

Jen had her hands around his shoulders, squeezing softly into the skin and when Baekhyun moved his kisses downwards towards her neck her fingers tightened around the collar of his shirt. Baekhyun her sensitive skin a little before putting his lips to work, kissing and lightly . When he brushed a particular spot at the base of her neck, Jen’s grip tightened once again and she heaved out the littlest sigh.

 

Baekhyun pulled away to come eye to eye with her. “Should we go to my room?” He asked and Jen could tell he was a little nervous. Not nearly as nervous as she was though because once again all she could do was blush and nod at him. She took his hand and followed him out of the living room, feeling more in love with him than she’d ever been and ready for a night she would never forget.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Et voila ^^

I kept it pretty childfriendly for once haha would you look at that! XD

Maybe I'll add a second chapter one day though.. I mean, this is kind of leaving you hanging I guess.. We'll see

Anyways, hope you liked it! Oh and please tell me what you think!

K Bye ♥