New Neighbor

True Love

“H-how could you be here? How did you know my house?” Jay asked. He was still confused about this.

“I don’t really know that this is your house. I just moved here this morning, moved to that house exactly.” Seohyun explained as she pointed her new house across the road.

“Are you saying the truth? You didn't follow me right?”

Folding her arms on her chest, she said, "Of course I am not following you! Why do I have to follow someone like you? You are not an artist or a famous idol, aren't you?"

"Okay... You don't need to be mad like that. I just thought that you followed me in order to return my umbrella. That's all."

Hearing the word of umbrella made seohyun stratled, remembering something. "Umbrella? Oh! I'm sorry. I still left it in my house." Seohyun smiled sheepishly. "Uhm.. Jay? Why are you here? I think your house is not here if I am not wrong.” She asked.

“I’ve been here for three years because I am studying in Seoul National University. This place is pretty near with my campus. That’s why I rented a house here.”

“Really? I’ll study there too. I’m majoring in music. You?”

Jay nodded. “I’m taking master of business now.”

“You’ve been in master program? That’s cool.”

“I’m four years older than you. So, if I was still a fresh year student like you, it would be sound funny, right?”

Seohyun smiled as she raised her hand, counting with her fingers. “You’re right. I’m eighteen now, so you’re twenty two, aren’t you? You're getting older.”

Jay sighed. He knew she was still the same Seohyun who liked to speak out frankly. “Geez… You really liked to count something that was not necessary. Babo.” Jay turned down his voice at the last word which was sounded like a whisper.

“Mwo? Did you say babo?”

“No. Just forget it. Now, what do you want here, Seo Joohyun?”

“Okay… May I borrow your hammer? My mother and I need it to hang the clock on the wall.”

Jay frowned. “Your father?”

Seohyun felt hesitate to answer the question. Did she have to tell him about her broken home story? She didn’t know, but it would be better to say the truth. After paused for a moment, she finally said, “My father stays in Japan. My parents have divorced. It’s why I’m back to Seoul.” Her facial turned into a sad one.

Jay stared deeply into her eyes. He could understand what she was feeling. Losing a family was the hardest thing. But, she was still lucky because she could see her parent at least. She was not like him. Jay didn’t know where her real mother was. His father was still in jail to take responsible of what he had done.

“Be strong. There’s something more pleasant awaiting you in the future if you can pass this hard time. Just make it as a lesson that happy ever after did not exist in this world. But, there are a lot of happiness for you to get. Many people outside there did not have family at all. You’re still lucky to have them, although they were parted. I do believe both of them will always care and love you wherever you are.” Jay said, forming a small smile.

Hearing his words, Seohyun was stunned by him. She could not believe that he could say something like that. She thought that he became a really mature man.

“I’ll take my hammer, just wait here.” With that words Jay left her. He took less then five minutes to come back again. Now, he had a hammer in his hand. He then locked his front door before turned to face Seohyun.  “Let’s go. I’ll help you arranging your house.”

“I’m sorry if I am bothering you.”

“No. It’s okay. Come on…” He said before walked toward Seohyun’s house.

Seohyun smiled as she followed Jay to get in her house. She could feel the relief now after having a short talking with him. At least, she knew one thing from him. He was not mad like she thought. He was still friendly and she was glad with it.

 

♥♥♥

 

Sitting on the couch, Seohyun kept staring at Jay who had finished helping to set the things in her house. She had to admit that Jay totally changed, especially his appearance. Seohyun still remembered four years ago, he still looked like a nerdy with thick glasses and his very neat clothes. But now, he was different. He didn't use his glasses anymore. He looked more handsome, mature, and charismatic. His eyes were so beautiful without glasses. It's the thing that Seohyun didn't notice when she was still with him.

Clapping the hands from the dust, Jay walked closer to Seohyun and sat next to her.

“Drink your juice. You must be thirsty.” Seohyun told him. “By the way, where is your glasses?” She asked.

"Thanks… I still have and use it sometimes. But, I'm using lens now because it's more comfortable… It makes me feel like I have the normal eyes like the others." He ended his words with a chuckle. "It's one of the ways to overcome my lack. Having the bad vision is very disturbing. I admit it..."

Seohyun nodded, "Eyes are the main sense we have. I understand it... Let me tell you something, you look good without glasses."

"Many people said the same too."

"Really?"

"Yeah... But, I never feel that way. There's nothing special from me." Jay said, stirring his juice.

"Why did you say like that? I believe that everyone in this world has specialty. It's what makes we are different from all the people around the world."

Jay's lips formed a smile after heard that statement, looking at Seohyun. "You finally said those wise words. Where did you get it? Is it from the book?"

"No."

"So, it's from your heart?"

"Maybe."

"You never have a certain answer. You never change."

"That's not true. Don't you see that I'm taller and prettier than before?" She was blinking her eyes in flirtations way.

"Over confident." He stated to the point.

"Confident is a good think you know ?" Seohyun confronted.

"But, if you did it in over way, it could be bad."

“Whatever…” Rolling her eyes, Seohyun took her phone on the table.

Secretly, Jay took a peek onto her phone and found a wallpaper set on the screen. It was a picture of a man who was so familiar for him. He then chuckled before drank his juice till the glass was empty.

Hearing the chuckle from Jay, Seohyun looked at him. “Hey, what is funny?” She asked.

Still smiling, he replied, “Nothing. So, do you like him?”

“Who?”

“The man in your phone, isn’t he Kim Jongin?”

Seohyun’s eyes grew wide as she took a quick glance at her phone before hid it behind her back. “How did you know?” Seohyun stared at Jay suspiciously.

Jay sighed before he answered, “ No need to know.” He then got up from his seat. “Seohyun, I’ll go home now. Thanks for the juice…”

“Why don’t you answer my question??” She insisted.

“You’ll know it by yourself later.” Jay told her. “Auntie Jung, I’m leaving…” He shouted to Seohyun’s mother who was busy in the kitchen.

“Yes. Thank you for your help! Jay, don’t you want to have a dinner here? The foods will be ready soon.” She asked.

“No, thanks auntie…” Waving his hand, Jay smiled to Seohyun as he walked away, leaving the house.

 

To be continued.