Biology

Notes

 

"Lets now talk about the attributes or characteristics of living things"their professor goes to the next slide and Shiwon snorts when she sees the first attribute.

 

1. Living things are organized.

 

Shiwon knows the word organized there does not mean being clean,and tidy rather it means more like being systemized.

 

Her seatmate eyes her half opened and cluttered bag and he smiles.

 

"Shiwon,di ka living thing"he mocks and Shiwon snorts.

 

"Ang organized mo lang"Shiwon counters as he looks at Jongdae's bag cluttered with trash,a binder and a book.

 

"Hindi din"he says with a laugh. "Bagay ako"he pauses,pointing at his things "bagay ka"he says pointing at her bag "bagay tayo"he says pointing in between them and Shiwon snorts.

 

"Bagay ka suntukin"she groans and pinches her nose while Jongdae laughs.

 

--

 

"Shiwon"Jongdae whispers again a few minutes later.

 

"Ano?"she asks not looking at him as she lists the examples of monosaccharides down on her notebook.

 

"Tignan mo lahat ng monosaccharide may -ose sa dulo"he says and Shiwon pauses,looking at her notes.

 

Fructose

 

Galactose

 

Glucose

 

"Oo nga no"she smiles at him in amazement.

 

"Alam mo yung pinakamatamis sa lahat?"Jongdae asks as he writes something down on his notebook and rips the small piece of paper.

 

"Alin?"Shiwon asks,face looking at Jongdae,dead serious.

 

Jongdae hands her the ripped paper and she sees it. She lets out a self deprecating snort and closes her eyes in defeat.

 

"Smilemose*" was written in Jongdae's messy scrawl.

 

"Gets mo?"he asks with a laugh and Shiwon sets the paper down,face up before she finally punches Jongdae in the arm.

 

--

 

"Alam mo"Jongdae begins and Shiwon stops writing

 

"Ano na naman"she says irritably,her pen lies on top of her notebook. She doesnt even bother trying to write and listen because Jongdae will be disturbing her anyway.

 

"Sa sobrang boyfriend material ko,pag naging tayo,magiging non-metal ka"Shiwon tsks and whines.

 

"Bakit na naman?"she asks

 

"Kasi di ka mawawalan,maggain ka pa"Jongdae says with a wink and Shiwon snorts.

 

"Jongdaeeee" she whines and Jongdae laughs."Hamapsin kaya kita ng metal diyan"she murmurs through the gaps of her lips which were stretched in a smile.

 

--

 

"Ano na naman"Shiwon asks when she feels Jongdae's unwavering gaze on the side of his face.

 

Jongdae says nothing but he scoots closer to Shiwon,staring at her cheeks harder.

 

Shiwon starts to blush and she frowns before looking at him.

 

She freezes at how close they are.

 

"Solvent yung mata ko"Jongdae says,staring straight into her eyes."Solute ka"he follows,touching her arm.

 

Shiwon gulps but turns away as she feels her heartbeat quicken.

 

"Mr. Kim"the professor calls.

 

"Mam?"he asks as he tears his gaze away from Shiwon.

 

"Eyes on the board please,tama na yan,tunaw na si Ms. Sung"she says and the whole class erupts into a teasing spree.

 

Shiwon blushes and buries her face on her notebook.

 

"Ayan solution na tayo"he says with a smug smile and Shiwon pinches his side.

 

"Nakasolvent ka ata eh"she comments though theres a smile on her face and a blush on her cheeks.

 

--

 

"The Kingdom Protista is divided into 3 sub parts"their professor discusses and Jongdae stiffles a giggle.

 

"Shiwon"Jongdae calls,stiffling snorts of laughter.

 

"What?"she asks,turning to him,she cant help but smile at the sight of Jongdae smiling so wide.

 

"Protista"he says with a snort and Shiwon snorts too before laughing a little. "Diba yun yung mga rally"he says before ducking his face under his arm,laughter rocking his form as he looks at Shiwon. Shiwon looks back at him and she snorts when Jongdae bites his tongue to prevent from laughing out loud.

 

"Tae moooooo"she whines but shes laughing to.

 

Long after the period's over Shiwon's still smiling but its not because of the joke,its because shes reminded of how Jongdae smiled so wide his face threatened to split into two.

 

--

 

Its their last day of summer class today and Shiwon,sure enough will miss this block. She will miss everyone from their quite stern professor down to every single one of her blockmates.

 

"Shiwon"Jongdae calls and she looks with a raised brow.

 

"May banat ka na naman?"she asks and Jongdae shakes his head.

 

"Wala na,pero dahil nasanay ka na,bigay mo na sakin yung number mo para itetext kita ng mga lines ko"he says.

 

Shiwon laughs and shakes her head.

 

Jongdae smiles again and Shiwon takes the phone and saves her number in before returning it to Jongdae.

 

Theres a huge smile on Jongdae's face and Shiwon cant help but reciprocate the genuine gesture.

 

"Kita kits"she says as she waves her phone at him before walking away.

 

--

 

The semester had just started. It wasnt even a month into their 1st semester as 3rd year students but theres already a ton to be done.

 

Shiwon and Jongdae hadnt stopped communicating since summer class. Sometimes,they eat lunch out too. Jongdae's now formally courting Shiwon but aside from that,nothing much has changed.

 

Theyre out eating lunch today at subway and Jongdae collects the olives on Shiwon's plate.

 

Shiwon doesnt like olives but she puts them in her sandwhich for Jongdae to eat.

 

"Shiwon"he calls after busying himself.

 

Shiwon looks up from where shes concentrating on eating her cheese steak sub.

 

"Gusto ko na maging stable" Jongdae whines.

 

Shiwon sees 7 olives in Jongdae's palm arranged in pairs. Just like how electrons would be drawn in an electron distribution diagram.

 

Shiwon snorts.

 

Theres still one piece of olive on the subway wrapper between them.

 

She sets her sandwich down,picking an olive up and placing it on Jongdae's hand and holding his olive-free hand with her other.

 

"Eh ako din gusto ko na maging stable"she says and Jongdae smiles.

 

Shiwon smiles too and their eyes speak of a bond stronger than ionic ones in atoms.

 

--

 

*smile mo(se)

 

--

 

"So what have you learned in bio today?" Me: *sweats nervously* *shows this fic* hehe

 

Also some di- and polysaccharide also end in ose please do not believe anything written here (or anything I write for good measure hahahahha).