"The bff fic(let)"

Notes

"Iiwan ka din nyan" Sungjee says nonchalantly. Naru doesnt even flinch at her friend's harsh words. Theyre used to it by now.

 

Theyre used to having Sungjee saying harsh words out of spite for guys,muttering bitter phrases about how forever is non existent and soulmates and destiny can go themselves.

 

"Amok ka na naman"Shiwon says passively as she scrolls through her phone. Naru refuses to get her spirits dampened by a bitter Sungjee so she leaves the moment she sees her Jongin a few tables away.

 

"Im not amok"she says intelligently and Shiwon snorts.

 

"Talaga?Are you really--seriously--still amok because of Kris?Kasi tangina 7000 millenia ago na yon"Shiwon says and shes not even looking up from her phone when she says all this.

 

"Im not amok because of Kris,he could go himself--or Tao kasi diba theyre so disgustingly in love naman--"

 

"Yes youre not amok wow why did I even ask?"Shiwon says with a laugh and she promptly looks up from her phone to look at her bestfriend.

 

"Youre mean"she says as she sulks,pushing her tissue around.

 

"OH MY GOSH DADDY"Shiwon screeches as she shows a picture of Kyungsoo to Sungjee. The other snorts. "UHHHH HELP ANG DADDYYYYY"She bemoans and shows a picture of Jongdae then and Sungjee frowns.

 

"Ano ba,stop calling them daddy nga!Ang ng buhay mo"Sungjee says and Shiwon's mouth forms an annoyed line and she continues looking at the pictures of her crushes zooming in on their--

 

"Ano namiss ko?"Nijin asks as she plops down next to Shiwon.

 

"Si Yixing yieee"Shiwon says,ever the shipper of the two. Nijin and Yixing have been dating since they were their parents gametes (joke OA theyve just been dating 3 years).

 

"Hey...about that uhmm"Nijin's face looks worried and Sungjee looks at her,puzzled.

 

"Did you fight?"Shiwon asks,locking her phone finally after saving a few pictures for scientific purposes.

 

"Uhm no...pero..uhmm...Yixing and I...broke up na so"

 

"YOU ANO?"Shiwon shouts and Nijin thanks all the deities up there that the cafeteria is empty because the whole school may just have known about her and Yixing's break up.

 

"Relax nga."Nijin says "wala...eh kasi..I mean I still love Xing pero just as a friend now,were good,hes still pogi and hell be my forever crush pero ok na we decided a break up will be good kesa naman we get too complacent and eventually fight and break up on a bad note"

 

"Ha?Wala na kayo ni Yixing?"Sungjee says and Shiwon looks at her and sees something flicker in her eyes.

 

"Oo"Nijin says simply with a nod.

 

"Magugunaw na ang mundo"says Shiwon dranatically "if you and Yixing can break up then the world as we know it can end Oh lord I swear di pa pwede di ko pa na--"

 

"Please stop"Sungjee says,she knows where this conversation is headed. Shiwon's two words away from spilling every nasty gay fantasy she wants to try with her crushes,Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

 

"Shiwon ano ba yan"Nijin giggles. "On other news,tangina ni Taylor Swift"she says as she sulks and Shiwon gasps dramatically.

 

"Eto ba yung kay Tom?Puta"Shiwon then launches into a conversation with Nijin about how Taylor Swift is faster than anything in this world ever.

 

Sungjees just as thankful to be ignored by the two as her mind is reeling and she thinks shes having trouble breathing.

 

Yixing was single again.

 

Moments of when Sungjee was crushing on Yixing years ago flash back. Before Kris there was Yixing.On whether Yixing should be with Sungjee or with her, Nijin and she used to fight it out like adults all the time, sometimes with the occasional moments where Naru butts in "were soulmates kasi we both have dimples ano ba".

 

But Sungjee relents the moment she met Kris. There was something about his face which was like that of a greek God's that charms her off her pants in a way that Yixing cant. So Yixing and Nijin start dating around the same time Kris and Sungjee does.

 

But Kris is ed up and confusing and( honestly,Sungjee shouldve known,the guy has 5 different names for crying out loud,)he cheats on Sungjee with this guy named Tao.

 

She sulks about the break upfor a century but her friends were there to accompany her. She becomes bitter and was even considering to start making a fortune out of selling Ampalaya shaped onesies,but her friends stop her,saying shell just wear all of those till the color fades.

 

And Sungjee knows its forbidden territory,Yixing's forbidden territory because hes a friend's ex boyfriend.

 

And its a universally accepted law that "You dont go in where your friend used to be"or something and Sungjee groans.

 

In all the years Nijin and Yixings been together,Sungjee fought and succeeded to put all her feelings down because she doesnt want to be a homewrecker (like that one friend she knows that we will hide under the codename: Ahjumma ;-)miss you btw if youre reading this ;))but with this new information it seems like the bottled up affection is fizzing,like soda shaken,bubbling up and she fears she might burst when she opens the cap.

 

So she keeps the cap shut and she doesnt tell anyone of these feelings. Shes already kept them down three years what was 7000 years more,right?

 

--

 

Three months later and Nijin's still not over mourning the loss of Tom Hiddleston's availabilty and she mopes over it with Shiwon and Naru and Ahra as well.

 

But Yixing and she were old news by the way,they still hung out but even then people from 10 meters around can feel the platonic reasons behind their actions.

 

"Noggy" Shiwon smiles as she launches herself onto the taller tanned male's arms.

 

"Nya"Jongin makes a surprised noise and Naru laughs at her friend and boyfriend.

 

When Shiwon lets go of Jongin,he immediately drapes himself over Naru,hugging her from behind and taking her fingers in his,greeting everyone on the table.

 

"Hi Jongin"Sungjee says and everyone's eyes widen.

 

"Hi Sungjee"he says back and they actually talk.

 

Usually,the moment Sungjee sees Jongin draped over Naru,she loses her cool and starts yapping uncontrollably about how love is a waste of time and how everyone will be left alone anyway,until Jongin and Naru will uncomfortably sit apart or leave.

 

Which was why Sungjee and Jongin conversing about anything not even remotely near to how shell crush Jongin's balls and feet it to his dogs if he breaks Naru's heart is such a surprise.

 

--

 

A week later and Sungjee is driving her car with Shiwon. Sungjee and Shiwon lived near each other so theyve always car pooled. Shiwon,by now knows all Sungjee's habits while driving. How she likes the music from her playlist blaring in the background and how she gets pissed off easily by almost anything on the road.

 

The traffic jam was so severe they couldve sworn theyve been stuck here for hours and once the cars start moving,a couple walks in front of Sungjee's car,stopping her from moving any further.

 

Usually,Sungjee would beep her horns at them,long and short horns alternating to make a combo that annoys even Shiwon who wasnt at the recieving end. While doing so,Sungjee makes sure to be verbose about how couples ruin the society because "tangina bakit dito kayo naglalandian sa kalsada!Magbook kayo sa sogo"then more beeping ensues.

 

Shiwon braces herself for the annoying beeps but it never comes.

 

Instead,Sungjee just says a soft "pabilis naman ng tawid kuya,ate" before shes moving her car.

 

"Hey,you ok?"Shiwon asks as she looks at Sungjee.

 

"Yeah,why?"she asks back and Shiwon squints at her, still in a shocked 'o'.

 

"Di ka nagbeast mode sa magjowang tumatawid"Shiwon says and Sungjee shrugs.

 

"In love ka no?"Shiwon says jokingly and Sungjee freezes just a fraction of a second but Shiwon sees it anyway.

 

"Oh my Gosh in love ka nga!"she says,pointing a finger at her accusingly. "Sino yan?"she asks again.

 

"Okay...dont judge me ah pero" Sungjee says as she pulls up the parking lot of the coffee shop." Yixing and I have been talking...and...gusto ko pa din siya"

 

"WHAT?"Shiwon shrieks and Sungjee winces.

 

"Dont judge me--sabi ko na eh,youre the biggest Nijin Yixing shipper in the universe bat sayo ko pa sinabi"Sungjee whines.

 

"No ok na yon,Nijin and Yixing are like 3000 years ago kalimutan na yon.. also di ko na problem yon problem niyo yon ni Nijin....pero ang importantng question dito is;Yixing made you like that?"she asks.

 

"Ha?"Sungjee asks,confused.

 

Made her like what?

 

"Made you ganyan....di ka na bitter"she says and Sungjee frowns.

 

"Kelan ba ko bitter?"she snorts and Shiwon widens her eyes at her.

 

"Teh talaga ba?"Shiwon asks mockingly and Sungjee swats her.

 

"Sige nga,kelan ako bitter?"she challenges and Shiwon couldnt even begin to think of the which of Sungjee's million bitter moments she would like to mention so she laughs,long and hard.

 

"Oh honey"she just says "ang bitter mo dati as in"she nods.

 

"Sa sobrang bitter mo,we used to say on a scale of 1 to Sungjee how bitter do you want your coffee to be? Or on a scale of 1 to Sungjee gaano ka kaamok"Shiwon says honestly and Sungjee frowns and Shiwon pauses,scared.

 

"Tangina mo ba!I was never bitter"she says again and unbuckles her seatbelt. Shiwon does the same and throws a dubious look her friends way before getting out of the car.

 

As they get out of the car,Sungjee checks her phone and giggles as she unlocks it.

 

"OH MY GOSH WHY ARE YOU GIGGLING"Shiwon screams,holding the cars hood for supoort.

 

"Wag ka ngang OA"Sungjee says calmly,looking around to check if someone saw Shiwon's outburst.

 

"Why are you giggling?"Shiwon asks again,less hysterical but still curious.

 

"Wala,nagtext lang si Yixing"she says and Shiwon's face contorts to one of disgust.

 

"Youre becoming one of them"she says as she points to Sungjee accusingly.

 

"Ano ba sinasabi mo diyan?"she asks as she furrows her brows.

 

"Ikaw--nagiging all mushy and kadiri ka na!!Yuck!"Shiwon says and Sungjee rolls her eyes.

 

"Im not!Naggiggle lang ako kasi ang cute ni Yixing tignan mo what he sent"she says and Shiwon sees a dog meme.

 

"Youre disgusting"she whines.

 

--

 

Its their last period for today. A grueling 1-7 school day was just about to end and Shiwon couldnt ing wait.

 

She whines endlessly and when she looks beside her,Sungjee has the same anount of distress on her face.

 

Which was unusual because Sungjee loves school the way Shiwon likes hotdogs.

 

Which is a lot.

 

Shiwon squints at her bestfriend and she swears she sees a bit of tears in her eyes.

 

"What are you crying about?"she asks in a whisper.

 

Sungjee just pouts and plants her face on her notebook,wailing a little. "Gusto ko na umuwi"she whines and Shiwon raises a brow.

 

"Bakit?May nangyari ba sa house niyo?"she asks worriedly.

 

"Hindi ah"Sungjee scoffs "eh kasi nagsend si Yixing ng picture di ko makita kasi ang bagal ng data dito"she whines and Shiwon gapes.

 

Sungjees always been the practical one out of all Shiwon's friends. She likes going to school since it prepares her in getting a high paying job and becoming inevitably rich.

 

But today Sungjee is nearly crying because she wants to go home and skip school to check on Yixing.

 

"Tangina kadiri ka"Shiwon says and Sungjee just pays her no mind,still sulking about the lack of mobile data.

 

--

 

Its the yearly showcase 5 months later and Shiwon is buzzing with excitement. Sungjee wishes it was figurative buzzing but it was literal buzzing which made everything worse.

 

"Shiwon stop shaking nga!"she says quite angrily.

 

"guSTO KO BA TO?"Shiwon asks,her voice raising unexpectedly. "Sasabog na ko excitement Sungjee I need help"

 

"You need God"Sungjee whispers.

 

The lights dim and soon its the boys of the 4th year taking the stage. They call themselves EXO,a group of 9 4th year boys. Most of them were there friends as Jongin and Yixing were part of the group.

 

"Go Jongin!"Naru screams as the boys get ready on stage. Jongin gives him a flying kiss and a smirk which keeps Naru on edge for the whole night.

 

Her crushes stand on stage too,theres Jongdae and Kyungsoo standing together on one corner while the others set up. Kyungsoo fixes a strand of Jongdae's hair and Jongdae smiles shyly.

 

"Ang daddy niya" Shiwon whines and Sungjee looks at her in amusement.

 

Jongdae whispers something to Kyungsoo;giving Shiwon a glorious view of his jaw and she wheezes,her chest pulling tighter when Kyungsoo smirks and whispers back to Jongdae,hand on his waist possesively.

 

"Oh my gosh daddy ako din"she wails.

 

"Shiwon bading siya ano ka ba,magjowa sila"Nijin reminds her as she stands next to her.

 

"I KNOW AND I WANT"She says vaguely as she bites her lip,Nijin laughs and shoulders Sungjee

 

"Tignan mo to oh"she tells her and Sungjee laughs.

 

"Hayaan mo yan Nijin,natutupad yung gay fantasies niya diyan sa dalawa"Sungjee says.

 

In the middle of her haze, Shiwon registers Sungjee being unusually okay with her gay fantasies.

 

Maybe this was a side effect of Sungjee falling in love.

 

She makes a note to thank Yixing later.

 

A song called lucky one plays and they start,Kyungsoo bobbing his head side to side and Sungjee is positive Shiwon is crying.

 

The chorus plays and Shiwon loses her cool, breath hitching and says a "putangina grabe na di ko kinakaya"in a voice 10 times higher than her usual pitch when there are hip s going on. Shes too immersed in watching Kyungsoo and Jongdae ( AND SOMETIMES MINSEOK TOO WHAT UP ;)) to even notice how Sungjee's knuckles whiten on her hold on her own leg and her breath hitches.

 

When Yixing stands in the middle for a part,he winks and points at Sungjee's direction unmistakably which had Sungjee giggling.

 

ing giggling.

 

Shiwon wanted to but Minseok was dancing too cutely.

 

Nijin notices and she smiles.

 

Shiwon gets her focus back on stage where hip s were being thrown again and she decides to let the two fight it out like adults.

 

That is if there was anything to even fight about

 

--

 

This is totally not inspired by the conversations lilay and I have in real life no I dont see any resemblance.