That's the thing about brands...

Incomplete Marriage

 

Changmin’s P.O.V

I woke up, my neck sore and my arm numb. I looked down to see Seung Ni nestled in my grasp. Shocked, I pushed her away from me, she rolled from my grasp and hit the dirt ground.

“Urgh…” she groaned, pushing herself off the ground.

I scrambled to her, “Are you okay?”

“WHAT THE HECK!” she screamed.

Her wrist skidded across the ground and the silver bracelet snapped off.

I bit my lip, “I’m sorry, you scared me.”

Her face broke, she picked up the bracelet saddened, “Scared you?” she snapped, “How?”

I scrunched up my face, “You were so close.”

She stared at me flabbergasted, “Excuse me,” she growled, the bracelet dangling in her hand, “You’re the one who pulled me into your arms.”

I rolled my eyes.

“What? You don’t remember your corny lines?” she was fuming now. She shook her head, “Shim Changmin, I was wrong. You are still an arrogant fool.”

She stood up so fast, I couldn’t even defend myself. 

I went to wash up, avoiding her. I changed back into my business suit. I had already called my driver, one day off work was enough. I wasn’t even welcomed here, there was no need to stay any longer. I zipped up my Burberry night bag and went to find her. I found her playing with the kids beside the beach.

“Seung Ni!” I called to her.

She ignored me.

“I’m leaving, I have a meeting before lunch.”

She looked up, her face angry.

“I’ll see you tonight.”

She gave me a snigger and continued playing with the kids. I sighed, if that was how she wanted it. Fine. The chauffeur came soon after and I hopped in the car to go. The drive to the office wasn’t long. I kept sending her messages asking her to forgive me. But there were no replies.

 

I walked out of Tiffany’s, the branded blue box in my hands. Disappointment washed over me, I wasn’t able to find the exact same bracelet, that’s the thing about brands, everything is very exclusive, the numbers were low and the demands high.

I arrived home, pushing the door from the garage into the front entrance. My shoes echoed across the marble floor as I made my way to the kitchen nervously. I could hear various bangs of pots and pans. Was she still angry?

“Seung Ni?” I stuttered.

She turned around, an apron on, her hair bundled up on her hair, “What?” she snapped.

I frowned, “What are you doing?”

“Cooking dinner,” she scowled, “You’re not invited.”

I looked at her shock, but hid it under a smile, “Right then, the fee to hire the kitchen for tonight is 300 000W.”

She turned towards me, flames in her eyes, “Don’t you dare!”

I laughed, “I’m joking, do whatever you want, where am I going to eat now?”

“With us.”

I spun around on my heel, Hyun Joong stood before me his ridiculously handsome smile plastered on his face. I noticed the Tiffany box in his hand, and dug mine into my pocket.

“No, he’s not welcomed!” 

Hyun Joong laughed, “What did you do to her?”
I rolled my eyes, “Marry her,” I laughed lightly.

Hyun Joong nodded, “True, there’s nothing worse than taking away her freedom.”

Seung Ni shook her head, “It’s worst ‘cause it’s him.” She pointed a finger at me, “I’d be happier if it weren’t you.”

I laughed, “Well I’m glad it’s all fake then.”

She nodded, “Exactly.”

“Need help?”

Seung Ni nodded, “Yup!”

I watched as they fought the kitchen together side by side, something inside me dropped, but I ignored it. She wasn’t even that important to me, maybe I was scared she’d break something expensive in my kitchen.

“Taste this,” she cried, spooning a white creamy liquid into Hyun Joong’s mouth.

He smiled, “A bit more yoghurt.” 

She nodded, “Okay... again,”

I was scowling without realizing it, I pushed the stool I was on and stood up.

“Where do you think you’re going?” she snapped.

I frowned, turning around to face her, “What?”

She pointed to a pile of bread on the bench, “Garlic, salt, pepper and some butter!”

I kept the frown on my face, “Pardon?”

She rolled her eyes, and grabbed me by the arms, “What part of Curry Night do you not understand?”

I frowned, “Curry?”

“Yes, Indian curry, not Korean curry.” She pushed me in front of the chopping board, “Chop chop!”

My face turned red, “I’ve never had curry.”

Her eyes widened, “Serious?” she gasped, picking up the salt grinder and placing it into my hands.

I nodded. She sighed.

She picked up the bread, “Naan,” she smiled, she pointed towards the bowl of ingredients, “Ingredients.”

I raised a brow, is she playing with me now?

She picked up the naan, placed it on the chopping board and took a pinch of garlic, she sprinkled some onto the naan, “Ta da!” she cheered, “Garlic naan.” she clapped her hands together, a grin of success splashed across her face.

I laughed, “That’s it?”

She shook her head, “Of course garlic on bread is not enough, you figure what you like.” She took my hand, the salt grinder still in it and proceeded to grind salt onto the small piece of bread. My heart was pounding, why was she so careless about touching me.

“Seung Ni, taste this,”

She dropped my hand and ran to his side, I choked on something inside me. What the heck was that? I turned my back towards the stove where Hyun Joong and Seung Ni were feeding each other. Was I jealous? I must be, he stole something that could have easily became my best friend. I scowled, turning back to the naan, I proceeded to make it the best I could.

 

I kept my head down during dinner, they were almost all over each other. Hyun Joong was nice, but I couldn’t stand him being so close to her, when did they even meet? I forked a mouthful of some of the Vindiloo into my mouth. My eyes widened, it was too hot, my eyes began to tear and I was coughing hard.

“Oh!” she gasped, scooting her chair away from Hyun Joong and running to my side. 

“Argh, I forgot!” she complained, slamming a hand to her head. “Argh…” she whinged.

I brought a hand to my chest, what the hell is she still standing there for.

She tapped on my back, her left hand picking up my spoon and scooping a big scoop of the yoghurt.

“Open!” she snapped.

I did as I was told, she shoved the spoon into my mouth. The cool, thick yoghurt immediately soothed my burning throat. She brought her head down close to me, concern on her face, her eyes widened.

I coughed in her face.

Her eyes scrunched closed fast.

I scuttled back in shock, oh , she’s going to go crazy.

She opened up her eyes slowly, her right eyebrow twitching in annoyance. She sat down into her seat and picked up her napkin slowly, her eyes still throwing darts at me. She proceeded to wipe her face.

“Ahahahahahaha…” Hyun Joong cracked.

Seung Ni threw the napkin onto the table a frown on her face, “Hey!” she snapped.

Hyun Joong covered his mouth, “I’m sorry…” he gasped through giggles.

I didn’t know what to say.

She frowned, “You’re so mean!”

He smiled, his hand landed on top of hers, “I’m sorry.”

She grinned, “Whatever.”

I choked on the inside again. I pushed my seat back, “I’m full,” I smiled.

She looked up at me a smirk on her face, “Shim Changmin can’t take some pepper.”

I rolled my eyes, “Have a good night.”

I climbed the stairs fast, and threw myself into a hot shower.