I'll see you later.

My Sweet Heart, Taemin!

He was so close, yet so far away. I tried to act normal, to act calm, even though it's been three weeks since we saw each other. Since we held each other. Since we kissed. God, now he was looking over here with his cute face and smiled at me with that smile. The smile that could swoon any girl. That was the smile I loved. I smiled back, trying to show him that I was happy. He puckered his lips and I snorted, my hand flying up immediately to muffle my laughter. He was elbowed by an annoyed Key and pouted before turning back forward. Both of our schedules were packed. He was busy with promoting his new album, it didn't help that their new song “Everybody” flew to the top of the charts. I was busy with my own songs, also with the brainstorming stage where I racked my brain for hours thinking up new songs. It was tiring, especially with out my love by my side to make it better.

 

I sneaked a glance at him, like I was a high school girl again who was silently watching her crush from afar. I couldn't help but notice his pale complexion, the dark circles around his eyes, his chapped lips, his skinnier form. It broke my heart, but it also filled me with determination to make him a large lunch and sneak it to him somehow. And also to start plumping him up when he finally gets a break and comes home. I know that Korean idols all had to watch their weight, be damned if they ever weighted a feather over 40 kg. But my Tae needed to eat! Can't they see he's withering away to bones and skin? I could care less if he was 40 kg or 400! Just give the kid some food!

I looked again. And please, some baggier clothes! I swear, they were wearing skinnier jeans than any of the girls here!

 

I had completely day dreamed through the whole...whatever we were here for, and when I came to reality, everyone was already leaving. I looked around to find my group, but got irritated that they ditched me in my daydream. Probably to go and stuff their faces...I so wish they had the will to keep themselves at 40kg!

As I took a step forward, my arm was grabbed. I looked behind me but before I could see a face, arms were around me in a tight hug, a face was planted in the crook of my neck, a hand emerged in my hair. I almost instantly felt refreshed, like my battery was here and finally gave me a boost of energy. The frustration, irritation, exhaustion, it was all gone now.

I smiled and rapped my arms around him and gave a little squeeze. That's what drove him over the edge as his shoulders started to shake and tears started to drip down my neck. “Tae? Taeminnie, what's wrong?” I questioned, rocking back and forth, soothingly rubbing his back.

“I miss you so much!” He cried, his voice muffled by my neck.

I smiled a sad smile. It was always like this, our reunions was always filled with tears. Either of joy or sorrow, I never knew which. But I could tell these were tears of sorrow, since we didn't know when we'll see each other next.

“It's OK, Taemin!” I said. He sniffled as his crying died down. Pulling away, a smile lit his face. It made me question whether he was bipolar or not.

“I love you!” He told me in joy and kissed me. It was a kiss of love, so much so that it made my heart flutter. But it was also a kiss with a promise. A promise to meet again, very very soon. He pulled away, even though we both didn't want to part.

“I'll see you later!” He said with a smile. It was never goodbye, he never told me goodbye but “I'll see you later”.

I smiled back, “I'll see you later too.” I told him.

He then leaned in to whisper in my ear, “Maybe we'll have some fun when we see each other again?”

He peaked my red cheek and quickly dashed off, leaving me there blushing and suddenly wanting him more physically than platonic.

 

Taemin, that little tease!