Chapter 11

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 

Chanyeol perfectly knew that his boyfriend wasn’t the strongest person out there. Baekhyun could easily get tired, wasn’t physically strong, and it made Chanyeol sometimes wonder how he could manage to learn hapkido for years.

Therefore, he already had a feeling when all of this school festival happened, Baekhyun will eventually drop. It actually surprised him that Baekhyun still survived until now, day minus 3 until the D-day of school festival.

But it never crossed his mind that he will see Jongdae entered the school cafetaria with his school uniform covered with blood.

Chanyeol was sitting and eating his lunch with Jongin and Tao when Jongdae approached them, with blood at the chest area of his uniform. The trio was surprised, but when Chanyeol looked at Jongdae’s panick face and the latter was looking at Chanyeol, he could sense something was wrong.

“Jongdae, what’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked as he stood up from his seat. Everyone in the cafetaria were looking at them curiously.

“Oh my God, Jongdae hyung, whose blood is that?” Tao also looked really surprised.

Jongdae catched his breath for a second before he spoke, “Baekhyun’s,” Jongdae looked at Chanyeol, “Chanyeol, he’s in student’s clinic now.”

Chanyeol’s jaw fell to the floor, “what did you just say?” he asked as he thought his hearing was wrong.

“He was having a major nosebleed in class. I don’t really know why. I think you should meet him now,” Jongdae explained quickly.

“,” Chanyeol immediately ran as fast as he could. He shoved everyone on his way. Good thing that the student clinic was close from the cafetaria so it didn’t take long for Chanyeol to arrive there.

He quickly opened the door and he smelled an unfamiliar smell of medicine. His eyes was searching for a certain small figure and he found it immediately because Baekhyun was the only person there, along with a nurse.

“Baekhyun,” he called his boyfriend as he walked fast toward Baekhyun’s bed.

Baekhyun was in a sitting position, looked really restless. And Chanyeol’s breath stopped when he saw Baekhyun’s uniform was covered with blood, much more than Jongdae’s.

“Chanyeollie, hi,” Baekhyun said really weakly.

“Hi? Baekhyun, don’t hi me. What happened to you?” Chanyeol took a seat beside Baekhyun’s bed. “God, Baek, is this all your blood?”

Baekhyun nodded, and the nurse spoke, “it was because of nosebleed. He was bleeding quiet a lot.” When she looked at Chanyeol who still have a worried face, she continued, “it was the result of exhaustion. I guess it’s because of lack of sleep, cold weather and lack of good nutrition or might be not enough food for the past few days.”

Chanyeol turned his head to Baekhyun again and the sick boy could clearly see that his boyfriend’s worried expression slowly turned into an angry one.

“I suggest you to bring Baekhyun home, now. I’ll tell both of your teachers later. He really needs to rest, and eats obviously. I need to go right now, so I’ll leave you both for now, okay?” the nurse said.

Baekhyun said a simple thank you to her and she left the room. Left alone with Chanyeol in the room made Baekhyun nervous because Chanyeol’s eyes were fixed on him and it was kinda scary.

When Chanyeol still kept silent for more than a minute, Baekhyun reached his hand, “Chanyeol, why are you so quiet?” Chanyeol didn’t react. “Yeol, are you mad at me?”

Instead answering Baekhyun’s question, Chanyeol stood up and took a deep breath, trying to control his anger, “Yes, I’m mad at you,” he said.

“Why?”

“Baekhyun, you—“ he stopped for awhile, “what have you done to yourself?”

Baekhyun lowered his head, “I’m sorry.” He admitted that this school festival thingies finally took a toll on him. It wasn’t only effecting his mood anymore, but also his body. He barely got any sleep, eat, and rest. The only meal he ate in a day was just lunch. It was also because Chanyeol was the one who forced him. But when he wasn’t around Chanyeol, no one took care of him, even himself.

“Be sorry to yourself, Byun Baekhyun. Your body finally mad at you because you didn’t take care of it,” Chanyeol slightly raised his voice.

Baekhyun looked at him, a little bit startled because Chanyeol never called him with his fullname before this. It meant Chanyeol was really pissed off right now. “It wasn’t that I want to be like this, okay? It’s my duty as the president to handle all of those stuffs.”

Chanyeol opened his mouth to reply Baekhyun, but he closed it again when he saw Baekhyun looked really tired. Just then, he realized that he was too hard on him. Chanyeol sat on the edge of Baekhyun’s bed, making it dip a bit. “But it’s also your duty to take care of yourself, Baek,” he said softly.

Baekhyun sniffed, “I know.”

“Are you crying?” Chanyeol asked. He started to panick as he saw Baekhyun lowered his head again and began sniffling. Chanyeol immediately reached Baekhyun’s nape, pulled him closer and hugged the smaller boy. “Shush, don’t cry. I’m sorry for yelling at you. I’m really sorry.”

“It—it’s okay,” Baekhyun said between his sniffs.

Chanyeol released Baekhyun and forced the latter to look at him, “no, it’s not okay. I shouldn’t be yelling at you.” When Baekhyun finally looked at him, Chanyeol’s heart broke looking at his boyfriend’s crying face. “Baek, listen to me. I totally understand your duty as the president and I try as hard as possible to take care of you during these hell days because I know that you can’t take care of yourself. But you need to know that I can’t be with you 24 hours everyday, even though I really want to. So, I need you to do me a favor because I can’t manage to have heart attack again like today, please take care of yourself when I’m not with you. At least you need to eat, it only took 10 minutes to eat, Baek, for God’s sake.”

Baekhyun pouted and slowly nodded.

Chanyeol sighed and rubbed Baekhyun’s nostril when he saw there was still a little blood there. “Can you do it for me? Most importantly, for yourself?” Chanyeol asked seriously.

Baekhyun just nodded because he afraid if he spoke, he will cry again.

Chanyeol smiled and hugged Baekhyun again, “once again I’m sorry for yelling at you, okay? It’s just that you’re so stubborn.”

The president laughed and punched Chanyeol’s back.

“We should go home now. You need to rest,” Chanyeol said as he broke the hug. “Wait here, I’ll bring our bags. It’s still in your class, right?”

Baekhyun nodded, “yes, and if you saw Jongdae, please send my apologies to him. My blood was all over him.”

“I will. Wait a moment, okay?” He saw Baekhyun answered him with a smile, then he took his leave. When he opened the clinic door, Jongin and Tao was there, looking worried.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with Baekhyun hyung?” Tao asked, Jongin stood behind him.

“Nosebleed because of exhaustion. He’s okay, now. But he needs to go home, I’m going to take our bags,” Chanyeol answered.

“Is there anything we can do?” Jongin asked.

Chanyeol smiled, “it’s okay Jongin,” he turned to Tao, “but Tao, could you please take care of the school festival? At least until tomorrow. Baekhyun really really needs to rest. He’s very exhausted, physically and mentally.”

Tao quickly nodded, “no problem, hyung. I definitely will.”

“Good. Later guys,” he waved at them and ran to his class.

When he arrived at his class, he immediately cleaned up his desk and didn’t notice that Kris walked to him, “hey, I heard Baekhyun was taken to the clinic, is that true?”

Chanyeol looked up at him, “yeah. He’s really not in good condition right now. I’m taking him home,” he said as he sling his backpack on his shoulder. “I’ll tell you later.”

“Take care, okay? Send my get well soon to him.” Kris said. Chanyeol thought that this was the first time he saw his best friend look worried.

Chanyeol said his brief good bye before he took off to Baekhyun’s class which wasn’t too far from his class. He saw Jongdae already changed his uniform into training and was currently cleaning up Baekhyun’s desk.

“Jongdae, hi,” Chanyeol greeted him. “You already clean up,” it was rather a statement than a question.

“Of course I had. Here is Baekhyun’s bag. You take him home, right?” he said as he handed Baekhyun’s bag.

Chanyeol took it and smiled apologetically, “Baekhyun said he was sorry for bleeding all over you.”

Jongdae laughed, “that little . Still apologize when his condition was like that.” Jongdae looked at Chanyeol, “make sure that he eats and sleeps. Look at the mess he made.” He pointed on Baekhyun’s desk and the floor.

Just then, Chanyeol realized that there was blood on Baekhyun’s desk and the floor around it. “He was bleeding that much?”

Jongdae nodded, “good thing that he didn’t passed out.”

Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his tensed temple, “I need to go now. Thank you for taking care all of these.”

“Anytime, bro.” He patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and the taller of the two could only smiled in return, thanking God in his thought that Baekhyun had a friend like Jongdae.

Chanyeol walked out from Baekhyun’s classroom and headed toward the clinic. His mind ran through the thought of his boyfriend was being sick. He just realized that having Baekhyun in that condition was draining his strength. It was like he also felt sick just because he knew that Baekhyun was sick. Maybe that was what people say about significant other. Baekhyun was Chanyeol’s significant other.

He opened the door of the clinic and saw Baekhyun was already sitting at the edge of the bed and cutely trying to get rid of the blood on his uniform although it was impossible. He took some steps forward and rubbed Baekhyun’s hair so the sitting boy would notice his arrival. And just like before, Chanyeol felt his heart wrenched when Baekhyun looked at him and Chanyeol saw his boyfriend’s face. Baekhyun’s eyes were red, there was dark shadow under them, his nose was also red, and his face was pale. This was the first time he saw the president looked so fragile and Chanyeol just wanted to hug him so badly.

“You okay? Can you stand up, Baek?” Chanyeol asked as he held Baekhyun’s hand.

The said boy nodded and tried to stand up although he stumbled a little bit, still dizzy because of the lose of much blood. But Chanyeol held him strongly and wouldn’t let him fall. So Baekhyun was relaxed.

When Baekhyun already on his feet, Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was wearing a large coat that he didn’t wear before. Baekhyun, realizing Chanyeol’s questioning look, explained to him, “Jongin came a minute ago, giving me this.” He touched the coat he was wearing.

Chanyeol chuckled, “remind me to thank that boy later. And I need to remind myself to also always bring a coat so you don’t need to wear another boy’s coat.”

Baekhyun grinned although it still looked weak, “oww, somebody’s jealous.”

“I’m not jealous. I just mad at myself. I wasn’t there when you collapsed, Jongdae was there. I didn’t bring my coat so I could make you warm, you’re wearing Jongin’s coat instead.”

Baekhyun could see that there were so many feels ran in Chanyeol’s expression; mad, dissapointed, worried, and tired. None of that was good emotion and Baekhyun felt bad because it was his fault. He really needed to stop making Chanyeol worried.

Baekhyun rested his head in Chanyeol’s chest and it almost made Chanyeol panicked before the smaller finally spoke, “the important thing now is that you’re here, with me. You don’t need to do and have anything. Just you, Chanyeol. I need you.”

Chanyeol raised his free hand and placed it on Baekhyun’s hair, slowly rubbed it, “I’ll make sure that I’ll always be there for you.” He said it more like a promise to himself. “Come on, let’s go home.”

They walked out of the school slowly because Baekhyun couldn’t walk too fast. But Chanyeol never let go of his grip from the sick boy. Chanyeol had overred to carry Baekhyun, but the latter strongly against it because they were in public.

Fortunately, nothing bad happened on the way to Baekhyun’s house. By the time they arrived in front of the president’s house, Chanyeol let out a relieve sigh as they made it home. He was scared because Baekhyun looked like he could pass out anytime.

“Oh my God, what happen?” Mrs.Byun yelled when she opened the frontdoor and found her son’s appearance was a mess.

“Good afternoon, Mrs.Byun,” Chanyeol bowed and tried to explain since Baekhyun didn’t have the strength to talk, “Baekhyun is sick, he had nosebleed in school so I’m bringing him home.”

Mrs.Byun’s mouth wide opened, “Oh God, hurry, come inside, baby. You too, Chanyeol,” she said as she made a way for both of them to come in. “Chanyeol, get Baekhyun to his room, I’ll make a soup for him.”

Chanyeol nodded and slowly pulled Baekhyun. But when he saw the stairs, he immediately turned around to face Baekhyun, “I’ll carry you.”

Baekhyun looked up and quickly shook his head, “no, I—“ Before Baekhyun could protest, he was already carried piggyback style. “Yeol, I can walk alone.”

“No discussion, Baek,” Chanyeol said shortly and he started to climb the stairs. He furrowed his eyebrows when he just realized how light Baekhyun was. He took a mental note that in the future he literally will push down many food to Baekhyun’s system.

Chanyeol opened Baekhyun’s door and quickly rushed to the bed. He slowly let Baekhyun down and the latter laid down peacefully. Baekhyun immediately closed his eyes as soon as he felt the comfort of his bed. He was dreading to sleep since he left the school anyway.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol took a seat beside Baekhyun’s bed and felt hesitant at first before he nudged Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Baek, you need to change your unifrom first, and you need to eat.”

Without opening his eyes, he answered, “Can I just sleep for awhile, Yeol? I’ll eat and change later, I promise.”

Chanyeol leaned closer to Baekhyun and caressed his boyfriend’s soft cheek, he could feel that Baekhyun was a little feverish, his skin was hot and flushed. “Please, don’t be like this again. I’m worried sick.”

Upon hearing Chanyeol’s cracked voice, Baekhyun opened his eyes and almost startled by the closeness between his and Chanyeol’s face, “I’m sorry for making you worried.” He raised his hand and fixed Chanyeol’s messy hair, “I know you had done a lot for me today, but can I ask one more thing?”

Chanyeol raised his brows, “What?”

“Can you stay? I need a company, I need you,” Baekhyun said softly.

Chanyeol smiled and of course he will stay. He was surprised when Baekhyun moved his position and made a room on his bed so Chanyeol can lay down beside him. Chanyeol a little bit hesitated but Baekhyun was the one who grabbed his hand and pulled him.

Baekhyun didn’t know how he could have the guts to ask Chanyeol to sleep beside him. he guessed it was because the fever. But he didn’t care. He felt really cold right now, and Chanyeol looked warmer than a blanket so he wanted Chanyeol and only Chanyeol to wrap him up. And Baekhyun was right. When Chanyeol finally laid down beside him and wrapped him with his large hand, Baekhyun felt the warm spread all over his body.

Chanyeol placed his head on top of Baekhyun’s head and held the smaller boy tight, making sure that he warmed him up enough. “Get well really soon, okay? My half is in you and I feel really sick right now because knowing that you sick.”

Baekhyun snuggled and pressed his face to Chanyeol’s chest, and Chanyeol could feel the heat from Baekhyun’s fever.

“Yeollie?”

Chanyeol hummed.

“What would I do without you?” Baekhyun said with a really low voice as he already doze off to the dream land.

Chanyeol smiled and he closed his eyes too, hugging his boyfriend tighter, and he said softly, “You’ll never be without me, Baek.”

~

Both of them ended up sleeping for the next two hours. Chanyeol was waken up by Baekhyun’s warm breath on his neck. He opened his eyes and realized how the sick boy didn’t seem to get better. He put his palm on Baekhyun’s forehead and his action made Baekhyun woke up.

“Hey,” Chanyeol said softly, “feeling better?”

Baekhyun gave him a weak smile, but instead of answering Chanyeol’s question, he burried his face again in Chanyeol’s chest and he nodded.

Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was lying, so he pushed Baekhyun away slowly and looked at Baekhyun’s pale face, “you’re not getting better, Baek. You need to change your clothes, after that I’ll feed you myself and give you medicine,” Chanyeol said as he got up from Baekhyun’s bed. He cleared his throat, “you could...change by yourself, right?”

Baekhyun chuckled, “what if I say I can’t?” Baekhyun , and soon Chanyeol repeatedly opened and closed his mouth, feeling nervous. “I’m kidding, Yeol,” Baekhyun laughed, “get out from my room, I don’t want you to see my y body.”

The older’s statement succeeded to make Chanyeol’s face turned red by his wild imagination of Baekhyun y body. He scratched his nape and took some steps backward, “you go change, I’ll bring you some food.”

After Baekhyun gave him nods, Chanyeol turned around and got out from the room. He let out his nervous sigh but to be replace immediately with a bright smile when he remembered that he just slept with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol ran down the stairs and found Baekhyun’s mother was reading a magazine, “Mrs.Byun,” he called her politely.

Mrs.Byun tore her gaze from the magazine and looked up at Chanyeol, “Chanyeol, honey,” she stood up and Chanyeol approached her, “you already woke up?”

Chanyeol’s eyes grew big, “I’m sorry Mrs.Byun, I fell asleep when I accompanied Baekhyun. I’m terribly soory.”

“Why are you sorry? It’s perfectly okay. I’m glad that Baekhyun has someone to hold him when he’s sick. How’s he by the way?”

Chanyeol felt relieve that Mrs.Byun was okay with it. “His condition isn’t getting better, if not worse. I think he needs to eat, that’s why I come down,” he explained.

“I already made him soup,” Mrs.Byun clapped her hand as if she just remembered, “come with me, Chanyeol,” she ordered him to follow her to kitchen.

Chanyeol saw Mrs.Byun was preparing the soup she made and pour it to a small bowl. After that, she went to the nearest rack and put out a thing which Chanyeol guessed was a medicine. She put both the medicine and the bowl on the tray and she walked toward Chanyeol.

“Here,” she passed the tray to him and Chanyeol gladly took it, “make sure he finish the soup, okay? And the medicine, one pill is enough.”

Chanyeol nodded, “I understand. But, Mrs.Byun, is it okay I’m the one who feed him? I think it’s a little bit—“

“Oh, come on, honey,” she cut him off, “I bet you’re the only one who he wants to be with right now.”

The boy showed his smile, “thank you, Mrs.Byun.”

“I’m the one who need to thank you. Thank you for taking care of Baekhyun,” she rubbed Chanyeol’s hand. “Now, go to him,” she said as she pushed Chanyeol.

The latter bowed first before he turned around and got back to Baekhyun’s room. When he opened the door, Baekhyun already changed his cloth into a big red jumper and training pants. Chanyeol smiled as he thought Baekhyun was uber cute in those outfit, not to mention he was curling up on his bed.

Hearing Chanyeol’s footstep, Baekhyun opened his eyes and sat up slowly, “what take you so long? I almost fall asleep again, Yeol,” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his heavy eyes. “What’s that?” he referred to what Chanyeol brought.

Chanyeol sat down on the edge of the bed, right beside Baekhyun who already rest his back on the wall, “It’s corn soup and your medicine.”

Thank God that Baekhyun didn’t protest about the food and Chanyeol didn’t have a hard time to make Baekhyun ate it until there wasn’t a single drop of soup left. The sick boy also obeyed his boyfriend when he asked him to take the pill. Chanyeol was beyond relieved when Baekhyun peacefully laid down again, looking a bit better than before. His face wasn’t as pale as before, and when Chanyeol checked his temperature, it already dropped down.

“You’re the first person other than my family who had taken care of me when I’m sick,” Baekhyun said.

“Really? Not even Jongdae?”

Baekhyun scoffed, “Jongdae often becomes the reason I fall sick. Asking me to play with him in the rainy day and so on.”

“How old are you guys? 5 years old?”

Both of them laughed and Chanyeol almost forgot that Baekhyun was sick when he saw the older boy’s face seemed lighten up as he laughed gleefully. After they laughed for a good minute, they fell into a comfortable silence.

Chanyeol looked out outside Baekhyun’s window, the night was coming and it was the cue for him to go home, “I should go home, Baek.”

Baekhyun got up, “What? Why?”

“I’ve stayed here since two hours ago. You need to get some rest.”

“What? No, I want you here,” Baekhyun whinned and pouted at the same time.

Chanyeol smiled weakly, “as much as I want to stay here and take care of you until you perfectly fine, I can’t, Baekkie,” he said as he ruffled his boyfriend already messy hair. Chanyeol really thought that Baekhyun was going to cry because of his sullen expression. “I’ll come to see you again tomorrow, I promise. In the mean time, you also must promise me that you’ll get better tomorrow.”

Baekhyun was startled when Chanyeol suddenly cupped his face with his big hands, making their face extremely close, “I—I promise, Yeol.”

“Promise me you also will take care of yourself in the future.”

“I have you to take care of me.”

“Baek—“

“I promise. I won’t get sick again, I hope,” Baekhyun grinned and the other followed grinning, too.

“Good, because for God’s sake, Baek, my heart can’t take it seeing you sick like this.”

Seriously, Baekhyun thought he was going to melt because of Chanyeol’s cheesy confession and his deep stare on Baekhyun wasn’t helping also. And the fact that right now Chanyeol kissed his forehead was definitely not helping, too.

“There, now the fever will be gone,” Chanyeol said as he let down his hand from Baekhyun’s face. “Why are your face so red?” Chanyeol asked, eyeing him in confusion.

Baekhyun quickly covered his face with his own hands, dying in embarrassment because he was red as an apple because Chanyeol kissed his forehead. Damn fever, he thought, made him weird like this.

“I should go home now,” Chanyeol said as he stood up.

Baekhyun uncovered his face and a sad puppy expression was plastered on his face, “you really have to go?”

Chanyeol sighed and gave his boyfriend reassuring smile, “I’ll come by here again tomorrow, okay? If you get better, we might be able to practice our song for the school festival performance.”

At that statement, Baekhyun’s lips formed a bright smile, “I definitely will get better tomorrow.”

Chanyeol laughed, “that’s the spirit,” he patted Baekhyun’s head, “see you tomorrow, Baek.”

“Yeol, I can’t take you until the frontdoor, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Just rest,” Chanyeol turned around.

“I will.”

Chanyeol opened the door and before got out, he turned around again, “get well soon, okay?”

“I will.”

 

Chanyeol smiled before finally closed the door and Baekhyun could hear the footsteps were slowly fading out. Baekhyun laid down again and decided to sleep for awhile before dinner time. He wanted to be healthy again, for Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

I don't know if someone can have nosebleed that much, I just exaggerating it for the sake of the story kkkkk

next chapter will be school festival yeaaaaah